[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Rodgers

Shorttynaz

I had Rodgers in one league (along with Boykin and Quarless), and lost by about 30. Would have needed a pretty decent game from at least 2 out of 3 to win, but it was certainly doable. Quarless actually caught a few balls... Maybe even more than he would have from Rodgers (since Wallace threw very little to the WR's, seemingly). Still, 35 points from Rodgers/Boykin is probably right on par with what they've done the past couple of weeks, so I think it would have been close.

What hurts me, more than anything (fantasy-wise), is how many leagues I have other GB players in, particularly the WR's. In one league, I have Cobb, Jones, and Boykin (and was 7-1 going into last night). Rodgers going down pretty much turned a potential W into an L, in that league as well.

In a third league, I had a 30-point lead, going into last night. I had Boykin, Quarless, and Conte (IDP), and my opponent had Forte/Burnett. The score, as of this morning:

Him 274.6

Me 274.2

Yes, I have Boykin in a lot of leagues (a few more than I mentioned, actually, but those outcomes weren't affected).

Edited by Gopher

I'd be curious about who has Aaron Rodgers and if you lost your fantasy matchup, how much you lost by.

I was playing the Rodgers owner, I was up by 5 and also had Boykin, I won by 6. Team with Rodgers is 3-6 and has struggled all year (just not a lot talent, keeper league so not an issue of high draft pick used on Rodgers).

Edited by stevegrab

I'd be curious about who has Aaron Rodgers and if you lost your fantasy matchup, how much you lost by.

Had both Jordy and Rodgers starting for me. Needed roughly 25 points from each to win (big task, but have done it easily before this season). Got 1 from Rodgers and 7 from Jordy. Lost by 40 or so.

Edited by gandalas

Anyone think they called Favre this morning?

Nope.

1) Favre is happy where he's at (coaching HS football in Mississippi).

2) I doubt he'd go back to GB, even if he did want to play again.

3) He's 3 years removed from the last time he played, and he looked over the hill then.

4) Then there's this....

http://vhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9909288/brett-favre-adds-fodder-head-injury-concerns

I play the Rodgers owner this upcoming week. He's 8-1 with the first loss coming last night. If Rodgers got 6 pts he would have won. He has no back-up QB and Charles, Gronk and the KC Def on Bye!

His team is also the top points producer so he has the last waiver spot. Foles, Keenun and Tannehill are on waivers and he'll have to try for one tonight. I am sure Foles, and possibly Keenun, will be gone before his pick.

It's amazing how FF fortunes turn so quickly.

I am 6-3 and fighting for the last playoff spot. Gotta beat this guy.

Nope.

1) Favre is happy where he's at (coaching HS football in Mississippi).

2) I doubt he'd go back to GB, even if he did want to play again.

3) He's 3 years removed from the last time he played, and he looked over the hill then.

4) Then there's this....

http://vhttp://espn....injury-concerns

All true, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't reach out to him.

No, but common sense says no way in hell they reach out to him. Is ESPN saying this will happen or something?

Tell us why you think it will happen since you seem to think they will.

Technically, that might be true (in theory, they could have called him this morning, I suppose). But, I just think it's highly unlikely that they would give him a call, given all of the reasons why there is zero chance he would play for them (or anybody) again. I was actually shocked when the rumors came out that STL had contacted him... That ship sailed a couple of years ago. Clearly, it was just wishful thinking on the Rams' part, or they simply hadn't done their homework (or they would have realized that he's done for good this time).

Granted, I do think the "relationship" between Favre and GB is likely better (more amicable) than it was 3-4 years ago. And, time heals all/most wounds, so it will likely continue to trend in that direction. Having said that, though, both sides still have a lot of pride. Favre in that he isn't going to beg and plead to come back (and never would have "unretired" in the first place, if it wasn't for teams like NYJ and MIN needing to solve a QB situation/problem). He came back because somebody needed him, and he filled that need (and they made it clear that they wanted him).

Meanwhile, the GB organization has a lot of pride as well, and they were/are unlikely to reach out to Favre, given the circumstances of how he left the first time. At least, not unless they were extremely desperate AND they felt he was a reasonable solution to their problem... neither of which are the case.

They're not that desperate because Rodgers will be back, their schedule is manageable, and most importantly (as I mentioned already), Favre is not only not interested, he's probably 2-3 years past being able to play at the level they would need him to play at.

People think of the run he made with MIN (getting to the NFC championship game), and assume that the guy is some sort of freak who will forever be NFL-ready, but they forget the trainwreck that happened the following year, when it seemed like he aged about 5 years in one season.

• Like 1

No, but common sense says no way in hell they reach out to him. Is ESPN saying this will happen or something?

Tell us why you think it will happen since you seem to think they will.

Dude between this and the Doug Martin thread I think you should consider seeking out professional help...that or lighten up a bit

I was up against Rodgers, Lacy and their DEF up by 40 points and won by 5 points. Peyton was on bye and picked up Big Ben, so I couldn't have been more lucky to pull out the win to keep my undefeated season alive.

Dude between this and the Doug Martin thread I think you should consider seeking out professional help...that or lighten up a bit

You're right, people who think Favre is going to be signed by the Packers are genuis and should be applauded.

I do have anger issues, with idiots posting stupid stuff. You poking me with a stick doesn't help. But don't let that stop you. (Another worthless post, now make that 2 with my response.)