[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints - Seahawks: Monday Night Showdown

Tripleshot

*Sigh*

Well, that certainly didn't live up the the hype. I'm buying into the "Seattle can't be beat at home" thought. If they get home field advantage, which they would have to fall over & die not to, they will roll right through the playoffs. I still don't favor them to win the Superbowl, but they're just money at home. Congrats Hawks, I know your fans have been waiting a long time for a team like this. :clap:

Ugh, so glad I played the Buffalo D instead of Seattle. I wasn't in love with that matchup Buffalo had, but all the experts were so I said eff it and played 'em. I won the matchup anyway, but the top scorer on the season wins $100.

Edited by PPIchamp

Was that you I was playing in Prime Time TitansFan? I had the game as a loss yesterday and then you only need 4 for Hartley to kick you to a win that's brutal! I'll take the first round of the playoffs win but man that sucks bro!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

*Sigh*

Well, that certainly didn't live up the the hype. I'm buying into the "Seattle can't be beat at home" thought. If they get home field advantage, which they would have to fall over & die not to, they will roll right through the playoffs. I still don't favor them to win the Superbowl, but they're just money at home. Congrats Hawks, I know your fans have been waiting a long time for a team like this.

With the Super Bowl in New York, with all the possibilities of cold/bad weather, can you tell me what AFC team(or any team for that matter) that is built better to win in those conditions than the Seahawks? I'm thinking the Seahawks or Niners only.

With the Super Bowl in New York, with all the possibilities of cold/bad weather, can you tell me what AFC team(or any team for that matter) that is built better to win in those conditions than the Seahawks? I'm thinking the Seahawks or Niners only.

On defense, I think the Broncos are built well enough to contain them and the Seattle D isn't as effective without the home crowd. Granted it would be a tight game, but I still think Denver is better and I also believe KC could beat them on an even playing field.

Was that you I was playing in Prime Time TitansFan? I had the game as a loss yesterday and then you only need 4 for Hartley to kick you to a win that's brutal! I'll take the first round of the playoffs win but man that sucks bro!

Unfortunately it's basically the cap on a horrible few weeks. From having a 2 game lead in the division with 2 weeks to play, to losing both weeks, to losing the tiebreaker by 4.15 points preventing me from getting the bye, to now losing to you in the first round by less than 3 points with Hartline and Ertz staring at me on my bench. I'm just trying to figure out when my name changed to Kevin Ratterree.

Unfortunately it's basically the cap on a horrible few weeks. From having a 2 game lead in the division with 2 weeks to play, to losing both weeks, to losing the tiebreaker by 4.15 points preventing me from getting the bye, to now losing to you in the first round by less than 3 points with Hartline and Ertz staring at me on my bench. I'm just trying to figure out when my name changed to Kevin Ratterree.

No doubt...well considering I ate up my whole blind bidding money and haven't been able to make a transaction since like week 8 I'm pretty happy my team is still relevant and in the hunt. Although it does suck to have to go into battle with only matty ice as my QB ugh

oh don't get your panties in a wad. Ive gone on record saying the Hawks are the team to beat. I will say that when Carroll chews that gum and struts down the sideline I pretty much wish rickets upon him. Aside from that and the fact that I don't want to see you get a superbowl, they are pretty likeable

oh don't get your panties in a wad. Ive gone on record saying the Hawks are the team to beat. I will say that when Carroll chews that gum and struts down the sideline I pretty much wish rickets upon him. Aside from that and the fact that I don't want to see you get a superbowl, they are pretty likeable

Just for you Whomper. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191s06rwtuk0lgif/original.gif

• Like 1

Let's not confuse weather with the fact that the Seahawks' HFA is in large part because of their crowd noise. Not just noise, but a crowd who, in large part, has a very good understanding of when to use that noise to their advantage (and when it can be a disadvantage). I'm not taking anything away from the Seahawks (I think they're a very good team, and they just might be the Super Bowl favorite... AFC included), but I don't think weather has that much to do with their success. Not to mention, there's a big difference between the "typical" weather in Seattle (like the rain we saw last night), and what would potentially take place during a January/February game in New York (it would obviously be snow, not rain).

Seattle's got a lot of speed, on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure playing in the snow would help them, any more than it would hurt them.

Of course, there is a good chance that this is a moot point... Unless it's actually snowing during the game (which, of course, is possible, but I wouldn't say it's "likely").

• Like 1

I guess my point is that Brees was obviously affected by the crowd noise somewhat, but more importantly, he was constantly harassed by a very good/agressive defense. Unless I'm missing something, I'd say weather had very little to do with last night's outcome. So, let's not attribute last night's outcome to Brees' ability/inability to perform in adverse weather conditions, since it had little to do with what caused the problems the Saints were having.

Not to mention, the other teams who are likely considered to be potential Super Bowl contenders all have as much (if not more) experience playing in snow than SEA or SF... Denver, New England, etc. Frankly, outside of those five teams, I'm not sure who else I would include in the Super Bowl discussion. I guess one could include KC or Cincy? They might be the 6th/7th team, if I had to pick one, but other than that... Dallas/Philly? Not that they can't make it, but I'd say they're longshots at best (particularly if they have to win in Seattle to get there). At least, in the AFC, Denver/New England/KC/Cincy will all be playing in climates that they are fairly familiar with... outdoor football in winter conditions, essentially.

Edited for spelling, and because I forgot about the Chiefs. :lol:

Edited by Gopher

Let's not confuse weather with the fact that the Seahawks' HFA is in large part because of their crowd noise. Not just noise, but a crowd who, in large part, has a very good understanding of when to use that noise to their advantage (and when it can be a disadvantage). I'm not taking anything away from the Seahawks (I think they're a very good team, and they just might be the Super Bowl favorite... AFC included), but I don't think weather has that much to do with their success. Not to mention, there's a big difference between the "typical" weather in Seattle (like the rain we saw last night), and what would potentially take place during a January/February game in New York (it would obviously be snow, not rain).

Seattle's got a lot of speed, on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure playing in the snow would help them, any more than it would hurt them.

Of course, there is a good chance that this is a moot point... Unless it's actually snowing during the game (which, of course, is possible, but I wouldn't say it's "likely").

But Seattle will not be able to get away with piping in the noise when at a natural site , there is no way in hell the 68,000 fans can reach a 130 decimal by themselves ,, something is going on there

But Seattle will not be able to get away with piping in the noise when at a natural site , there is no way in hell the 68,000 fans can reach a 130 decimal by themselves ,, something is going on there

That could be true, but that's a separate discussion. I'm simply saying that last night's outcome wasn't because of weather (to say so would be a discredit to their defense), and I don't think Seattle has an advantage over anybody they would likely face in the Super Bowl, based on them playing better in winter weather. They might be the better team, but it's not because of weather. And, at home, it's because of the fans (mostly)... weather may play a small part in it as well, but it's certainly a much smaller part than the crowd noise (whether it's legitimate crowd noise or not).

On a good note the Saints held Beastmode to 45 yards and no touchdowns tonight... Too bad I started him & it cost me a first round bye in my local. :glare:

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you double lose.

Saints still have a great team. Maybe somebody else in the NFC can beat SEA before the Saints have to face them.

I wonder about all those little megaphones (just plastic no electronics that I could see) and how much they increase the noise. I remember going to Browns games regularly and how noisy it could get with 70,000 fans yelling/barking.

Or are you suggesting that Seattle is doing some of what Indy was accused of with amplifying the crowd noise and playing it over speakers?

Either way, you and Gopher are correct. Weather was not much of a factor, it is the HFA from crowd noise. Weather is most likely going to be worse in NJ for SB (colder more chance of precip and snow at that).

Also agree that teams other than SEA who have a good shot at SB have more experience playing in cold/snow. I'd toss in the Ravens as well, they looked improved against PIT and could get hot at the right time, even win the division if Cincy stumbles.