[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moving advice questions to the proper forum .....

doobwaa

The problem with just deleting it from the main forum and not linking to the advice one is that it often encourages people to repost their question if they do not understand the different forums. I always leave the link to let them know it is the wrong forum and where it went. I sometimes fantasize that it shows others the correct path before they post here incorrectly.

Rework the forums main page, put Advice first in big huge flashing letters, since the morans just go to the first forum they see anyway. Call it Fantasy Football Advice, and promise instant riches, fame, and hot women.

Then us morans that can't figure out new stuff will end up going there a bajilion times before we learn :bag:

• Like 2

I think some of the smarter ones might just post them in the main forum to see what kind of response they can get here before the thread is moved. It is the best of both worlds for them ... they could get response from the main forum until the thread is moved to the advice forum where they can get more response.

Really it is the best of both worlds for them to post it in the main forum.

Yep, and people continue to feed them. I love the ones "I know this should be in the advice forum, but blah blah blah" They can pound sand too.

I have a new favorite saying, if you haven't noticed.

I am thinking that a pinned thread directed at new posters to explain posting rules and includes links to the advice and find a league/find an owner forums might help things. Some of them don't know the forum structure and would help them along, though it does nothing for those who like to flount the rules.

I am thinking that a pinned thread directed at new posters to explain posting rules and includes links to the advice and find a league/find an owner forums might help things. Some of them don't know the forum structure and would help them along, though it does nothing for those who like to flount the rules.

I can caunt on one hand how often this will help.

• Like 1

Not sure if the message board software would allow for this, but a person in this forum should have to have 500 or more posts before they can start a thread. Newbs rarely start a good thread but they start a ton of stupid threads.

They may just be then attaching advice posts to other threads, which then ruins those threads.

Not sure if the message board software would allow for this, but a person in this forum should have to have 500 or more posts before they can start a thread. Newbs rarely start a good thread but they start a ton of stupid threads.

The idea is ok, but the number is way too high. If I was new, I'd see this rule and leave, knowing that I couldn't start a topic for potentially a long time. Not a good way to recruit new members.

I have seen forums where you have to have 5, 10, 25 posts before starting a topic, Gets rid of a lot of spam.

If such a pinned thread existed, it could alleviate the guilt arising from deleting posts that are put in the wrong forum.

I mean...it you see the pinned thread, then post your damn advice question anyhow...NO SOUP FOR YOU!

• Like 2

Just change the name to " Blow Hard Forum" or "Grits Personal Playground", lets make it a contest, NAME the Fantasy Football Forum? I bet, if not funny, it will be a good thread?

Blind leading the blind forum.

I can't figure out how to run my own roster or line-up, but I'll help run yours!

• Like 1

Blind leading the blind forum.

I can't figure out how to run my own roster or line-up, but I'll help run yours!

"Answer mine and I'll answer yours", or in modern textspeak, "WHIR".

Anytime i see the latter, i say the line in the hay baler scene omitting the "L"s. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82155927/

They may just be then attaching advice posts to other threads, which then ruins those threads.

Well if people would stop answering their questions there'd be less clutter from that.

Honestly I think most noobs don't care and think the forums are a free for all.

• 4 weeks later...