[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predict the # of Manning TD Passes and win.....

Bengal Mania

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you would be defending my claim on Manning, since, from your avatar, you appear to be a half Colts / half Ravens fans, since, as everyone knows, they are two completely distinct franchises.  :D

934549[/snapback]

Here we go again.

Manning == Indy. Understand? That is West of Pittsburgh. Baltimore is SouthEast. They are different.

Or can you only understand the colors the teams wear? Is that how you pick your players, based on how their uniforms look?

Here we go again. 

Manning == Indy.  Understand?  That is West of Pittsburgh.  Baltimore is SouthEast.  They are different.

Or can you only understand the colors the teams wear? Is that how you pick your players, based on how their uniforms look?

935129[/snapback]

There are two viewpoints, those of the NFL and every sane person in the world, and the views of Big Red. Here are the views of the NFL. Notice that all Colts history is located on the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS page. It is THEIR franchise. You can't combine their history with the history of the BALTIMORE RAVENS. It's not that hard. :D I understand that you rooted for the Colts when they were in Baltimore, and then they left, so when the Ravens came into town, you began rooting for them. I would have done the same. The problem is, you can't claim championships for two different franchises into one. The Ravens have ONE championship, you can't claim championships from two differnet franchises and put them together. :D

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=historyhighlights

Edited by Menudo

(12/28) Bankrupt Miami Seahawks franchise of All-America Football Conference moved to Baltimore. Bob Rodenberg headed purchasing group and the team was renamed “Colts” via a fan contest.

(2/10) Cecil Isbell named head coach. (9/7) Colts won inaugural AAFC game, defeating Brooklyn Dodgers, 16-7, before 27,418 fans at Baltimore Stadium. (9/28) New York Yankees defeated Colts, 21-7, before a then-record Baltimore crowd of 51,583. Colts placed fourth in Eastern Division with 2-11-1 record, while drawing 199,661 fans.

Wow, they even claim the history of the AAFC franchise that was taken into the NFL and folded the next year.

I guess if it's on the Colts web page, it must be true.

Where have I stated that the Ravens have won it 4 times? I've said Baltimore has 4 Championships. Look here and you will see "Baltimore" 4 times, with no mention of Indianapolis.

Any momo that associates a Colts Championship with Indy is freakin' dreamin. Anyone who thinks that the current Indy Colt following cared about the Colts in '58, '59 or '70 probably bets the house on preseason Steelers games.

Only Steeler fans and some angry Colts fans try to attribute the Colts glory while in Baltimore to Indy. Usually it's done because the Colts have never had a title and most Steelers fans that remember the last title are dead, in nursing homes or still have their wits and realize it's been 25+ years and there is absolutely no tie, except the pretty colors, to the glory of their last title.

Like the French during the Napolean years, the Steelers fame was predicated and followed by decades of defeat and near victory. Viva la Cohwer!!

Wow, they even claim the history of the AAFC franchise that was taken into the NFL and folded the next year. 

Where have I stated that the Ravens have won it 4 times?  I've said Baltimore has 4 Championships.  Look here and you will see "Baltimore" 4 times, with no mention of Indianapolis.

Any momo that associates a Colts Championship with Indy is freakin' dreamin.  Anyone who thinks that the current Indy Colt following cared about the Colts in '58, '59 or '70 probably bets the house on preseason Steelers games.

Only Steeler fans and some angry Colts fans try to attribute the Colts glory while in Baltimore to Indy.  Usually it's done because the Colts have never had a title and most Steelers fans that remember the last title are dead, in nursing homes or still have their wits and realize it's been 25+ years and there is absolutely no tie, except the pretty colors, to the glory of their last title.

Like the French during the Napolean years, the Steelers fame was predicated and followed by decades of defeat and near victory.  Viva la Cohwer!!

935229[/snapback]

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

Steelers = 4 Super Bowl Rings

Ravens = 1 Super Bowl Ring

Steelers vs. Ravens Head to Head : Steelers 12 Wins, Ravens 6

Since the Ravens joined the NFL

Divsiion Titles : Steelers 5, Ravens 1

D - O - M - I - N - A - T - I - O - N !!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have I stated that the Ravens have won it 4 times?  I've said Baltimore has 4 Championships.  Look here and you will see "Baltimore" 4 times, with no mention of Indianapolis.

Any momo that associates a Colts Championship with Indy is freakin' dreamin.  Anyone who thinks that the current Indy Colt following cared about the Colts in '58, '59 or '70 probably bets the house on preseason Steelers games.

935229[/snapback]

Question: How many Cleveland Browns did the Baltimore Ravens have on their roster when they won their one Super Bowl? :D

Question: How many Cleveland Browns did the Baltimore Ravens have on their roster when they won their one Super Bowl?   :D

935306[/snapback]

2, with 1 (Stover) still remaining.

We also had 1 former Baltimore Stallion (CFL) on the team at that time.

How many ex Baltimore Colts were on Indy's roster the last time they won a Super Bo......ooops, sorry.

Edited by Big Red

Question: How many Cleveland Browns did the Baltimore Ravens have on their roster when they won their one Super Bowl?   :D

935306[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmmm. Let's follow Red's logic. You (Baltimore) loved this chick (Colts). You had a good relationship for a while, but, then in the night, she bails on you and loads her sh*t [some of which you helped her to buy] into a Mayflower truck. She moves to Indy to live with some new guy who has more $$$ that you have. She takes all the things you shared with her--except the memories of fall days and transistor radios. You start dating a new chick (Ravens)--but she isn't the old girl, is she...? Uh, nope. :D

Talk about living in the past...:D I have said it many times--the Ravens have won a more recent Superbowl. The Steelers haven't had one in years. But they have one thing the Ravens don't--the same franchise without getting dumped by our owner. Make that two things--three more Lombardi trophies as well.

A city does not own a team. An owner does. Thus, when an owner moves, he (or she) takes the hardware, the records, and oh yes, the Superbowls with him or her. I know you want desperately to think that the Ravens are, in fact, the old Colts in fancy new Prince-like unis, but here's the skinny, Red: Your club is playing in Indy. If you were the Baltimore Browns, you'd have a better case to claim Jim Brown and Otto Graham. I liked Johnny U--but just because he hung around the Ravens does not mean that they are the new Colts. :D:D

I still like the Ravens better than the Browns. But not by much.

Edited by Ruffian

Man, Steelers fans is dumb.  No kidding, two different teams.  Still 4 Baltimore Championships.  Maybe if a bad owner got hold of the Steelers and moved them, you guys would forget about their history and latch onto a new team.  Baltimore fans stick with their history and their team.

935875[/snapback]

Unless the mayor and the local political machine played in those games, the championships belong to the Colts. I admire your heartfelt committment, though.