[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vegas arrival

skylive5

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stood in wonder and awe as I watched you Huddlers.

How could I not?

How does a message board do this? Isn’t it supposed to be full of false innuendoes and overly generous assumptions of ones personality? Both of which I’m sure exist on the board, but not in that room, not that night, not these people?!

Oh no these people have known each other for years, grown up together, gone to college, married into the family, something, anything other then a message board, had to explain the scene before me.

The diversity of personalities, social status, political agendas, and generation gaps that were present should not have warranted the relaxed attitude and companionship that I witnessed.

Where was the insincerity? Don’t you guy’s know the rules? Your supposed to be a little apprehensive, and maybe just a little reserved knowing that first impressions are about to be made?

Well I guess not, it turns out the Huddlers connect on a different level.

Until now I haven’t even steeped foot inside this message board, I didn’t want to trespass into my dads territory. I had many reasons, and many worries, for “I am a Shearer” and we tend to take things to heart and give all our heart back, and when you leave it all in the open like that, you live or die by those you place your trust in.

You cannot for a minute begin to understand how deeply this message board has meant to me, even having never visited it or read a single thread. Suffice to say “You were there” and I thank you for that.

Vegas was an eye opener, a joy, a hearty party with kindred spirits, and a treasure to take to the grave.

Thank you all,

I look forward to joining in and hopefully becoming a member of the Huddlers on “The Tailgate”

SlugFear

I was pretty impressed that a 6'6" person could even STAND in those. :D

Well, it wasnt like she and Six Kings were spending alot of time on their feet...

Speaking of that tranny, he/she and Big Country were exactly the same heigth. Did anyone see those 2 together at the same time... :D

One thing that hasn't been discussed. Did Sky stick to "mostly water" or did H8 peer pressure him into a drunken stupor :D

I did not notice Sky in any stupor at all. However, it is hard to notice a stupor when one is in a stupor of his own. :D

Great post up there Doug! Welcome to this little world that we all have come to love. Stick around a mintue and I'm sure you won't want to leave.

There were so many other funny things that happened over the weekend that keep coming back to me. Through my drunken haze I recall talking nasty to just about everyone I met. Not Twileys kind of nasty talk, just funny innuendo sort of banter. Bunz reminded me that we were playing craps and one of the dealers said, "I need a hard 10", so I immediately respond with "I got a hard 10" :lol: Bunz then said, "Quit lying jack ass". So, I said, "Well, its really a soft 4 but thankfully my wife was never very good at geometry".. :D:lol: The dealers all howled!!

One sort of embarrasing moment, was when we all piled into the elevator at the hotel like sardines. We were all sucking in our stomachs and praying that we made it to the bottom alive. The door opens on one of the floors and 2 ladies are standing there. Its obvious that not even a paper clip could fit into this overstuffed car. One of these brilliant women says, "I dont know if we can fit in there". So, I immediately responded, "honey without a shoe horn and some axle grease, there aint no way your ass will fit in this motherf*cker". Then Bunz point out something that I didnt notice in my drunken state: these ladies had a couple kids in strollers with them who overheard my brilliant retort... :D

Edited by spain

How could I not?

How does a message board do this? Isn’t it supposed to be full of false innuendoes and overly generous assumptions of ones personality? Both of which I’m sure exist on the board, but not in that room, not that night, not these people?!

Oh no these people have known each other for years, grown up together, gone to college, married into the family, something, anything other then a message board, had to explain the scene before me.

The diversity of personalities, social status, political agendas, and generation gaps that were present should not have warranted the relaxed attitude and companionship that I witnessed.

Where was the insincerity? Don’t you guy’s know the rules? Your supposed to be a little apprehensive, and maybe just a little reserved knowing that first impressions are about to be made?

Until now I haven’t even steeped foot inside this message board, I didn’t want to trespass into my dads territory. I had many reasons, and many worries, for “I am a Shearer” and we tend to take things to heart and give all our heart back, and when you leave it all in the open like that, you live or die by those you place your trust in.

You cannot for a minute begin to understand how deeply this message board has meant to me, even having never visited it or read a single thread. Suffice to say “You were there” and I thank you for that.

Vegas was an eye opener, a joy, a hearty party with kindred spirits, and a treasure to take to the grave.

Thank you all,

I look forward to joining in and hopefully becoming a member of the Huddlers on “The Tailgate”

SlugFear

Well said and welcome! :D

How could I not?

Thank you all,

SlugFear

Well said bro, it was great meeting you. :D

How could I not?

Thank you all,

SlugFear

Nice first post newbie! :D But just because you are Skylive's boy doesnt mean we are going to take it easy on you. You are a newbie and will be treated as such! Now go make me a sammich! :D

How could I not?

Thank you all,

SlugFear

Nice post :D

Man I'll tell ya, there are a lot of Huddlers right now that are jealous they weren't there........and I happen to be one of them :D

Nice post :D

Man I'll tell ya, there are a lot of Huddlers right now that are jealous they weren't there........and I happen to be one of them :D

:raiseshand:

I will not, let me repeat that will not, miss next years WCOFF. I am in the process of trying to find out how to get a new team, if anyone is interested.

:raiseshand:

I will not, let me repeat that will not, miss next years WCOFF. I am in the process of trying to find out how to get a new team, if anyone is interested.

It's not hard. Registration starts around February, just keep checking out wcoff.com after the season is over.

Total should cost around $1700 or so.

Edit: Big John can chime in on the exact amount.

Edited by twiley

It's not hard. Registration starts around February, just keep checking out wcoff.com after the season is over.

how do you set up teams and determine who drafts? inquiring minds are curious but there details to be dealt with--for example, my anniversary will fall on that weekend. And no, my wife couldn't come with me as my boys have school.

how do you set up teams and determine who drafts? inquiring minds are curious but there details to be dealt with--for example, my anniversary will fall on that weekend. And no, my wife couldn't come with me as my boys have school.

Gather as many people together as you want for the fee, decide as a group how you want to draft each year. We chose to rotate owners each year but JJ and I had such an awesome time that we're considering starting another team just so we can draft again.

$1790 if 2 are at the draft or $1660 if 1 is in the draft room (as they sock you with the required ESPN party tickets per attendee).

edit for transposed numbers. :D

Edited by Big John

it's because h8tank mindfoks us through the innernets.

I got my butt kicked! :yay: Played many hours. Won a little at the carnival games & vid poker, but BlackJack busted my jellies! :woot: Had a run for about 20 mins. Picked up $500-$600. Then in the next 10 mins, I lost it all!!!!

Chit, doublin' on A-4 against a 6, and they pull a 21 out of their butt! :brow: Splitting A's and getting another A and a 2!!!! :pop: In a single deck game!!!! :bash:

I still had fun though!

It was great meeting all the Huddlers. I can't say anything that hasn't been said, 'cept:

Darin:Great Guy! Let me know when you come back to Chi!

Chargerz:So calm for a Gyno Guy! A sweatheart! But he's a month younger than me! :lol:

JJ: :lol: I love ya Kid! But don't pick me up again.....You may blow out a nut or two! :D Great person also!

Rez:Quiet....Great Guy!

Big John:Best Person at the Huddle! :bash:

Sky:2nd time seein' him in a month! Love ya bro!

Crispy:Met ya, hugged ya, and then I lost track of ya! :D We got to get together in Dec!

H8:WOW! Not what I expected. And that's a good thing!

Twiley:He looked like Buddy Holly! :lol: Didn't talk w/ him a lot, but he's got my $$$! :brew:

DMD & WW:They look alike! TY for the Partay! :bash:

BC:Nice guy!

Slugfear:Not at all like Sky, IMHO!! :lol: But none the less a great person! Where'd you get your tallness from?

GTS:Quality person!

Spain:Who is he??? I know I smelled a sheep in the room, but never saw him! :lol::yay:

Bushwacked: Man I know I met Ya but we never got a chance to talk! :yay:

JoJo:Old guy. Did you get your walker fixed?

Soup:I couldn't see his face. I think it's an altitude thing. My old eyes vs his tallness!

Skippy:My man! Had a great time w/ you and John at the BJ table! We WILL play together again!

BUNZ:XXXOOOXXX What a sweetie! Giggly, beautiful, just a great person! Love Ya Hon! :yay:

Six Kings:We met, Nice guy, but didn't get a chance to talk!

Dam, if I missed someone, I apologize! :yay: OLD TIMER'S DISEASE!

Some points of interest:

I STILL haven't met a Huddler I didn't like!

Mrs. RR had a great time!

I wish I could have spent more time w/ you folks, but that's Vegas!

#4 IMPORTANT!!!!

Mrs. RR was asking about someone who was at our table in the coffee shop at the TI. The list was IIRC:

Rez

BJ

Bunz

Slugfear

Skippy

Me

Mrs. RR

But who was the other GUY!!!???? Mrs. RR said he was kinda quiet and she liked him. I'm sorry I can't remember, but it's buggin' the crap out of me! HELP!!!!

Freakin' emoticon Limit!

I'm guessing that was me.......

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy