[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hooray, we can still torture people in the name of anti-terrorism

rajncajn

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't the question here if torture works?

if it works, then thousands of lives could be saved ...

if it doesn't work, then you end up putting someone through hell for no reason ...

the other question is knowing when it is needed and when it should be used.

if it's the right time, a hugh disaster could be averted ...

if it's the wrong time, some sicko applying the torture could just be getting off ...

a ton of ifs people. boil it all down and i gotta tell you, if it meant saving the lives of innocent americans and children, maybe your own children, i would like to think we did everything possible under the sun to get someone who could give info to stop it from happening to talk.

How about when they were playing Marky Mark and the Funky bunch? These were all tortures used on terrorists.

:wacko:

I never thought Polk would make me laugh this hard. I, for one, enjoyed Good Vibrations.

:wacko:

I never thought Polk would make me laugh this hard. I, for one, enjoyed Good Vibrations.

Lol, they fired up some Genie in a bottle if I remember correctly. there was something else random that I can't recall.

When your country is the only one that is expected to follow the rules of engagement then I find it hard to be as extra patriotic as you guys are tripping over each other in this thread to be. Some, not all, but some of these people we are at war with are willing to die for their cause. They actually feel they will be rewarded for it. I am not sure what kind and politically correct and approved methods you guys propose we use to get information from these people if it could help our cause. I personally dont mind if our guys twist their nipples and make them watch vacation slides. I am not a soldier. I am not there fighting and I have never been in the past so I dont speak from experience but I feel it is safe to assume that behind closed doors it isnt pretty no matter what side is doing the interrogatiing.

Yes.

While I'm not blatantly and completely against torture I'd point out we aren't really at war with other countires, in fact our current president is quite the friendly business acquaintance of govt heads that are linked with sponsors of terror on the US. We are fighting against religious extremism. Even during WW2 I'd like to think our tactics were above the Axis. I'd definitely like to think that our federal govt. is above stooping to the levels of domestic terrorists we've dealt with in the past (KKK, Ruby Ridge, Waco, neo-nazis...etc). If me seeing a direct benefit in that means I'm tripping over myself to be politically correct in your eyes...then so be it.

Edited by bushwacked

When your country is the only one that is expected to follow the rules of engagement then I find it hard to be as extra patriotic as you guys are tripping over each other in this thread to be. Some, not all, but some of these people we are at war with are willing to die for their cause. They actually feel they will be rewarded for it. I am not sure what kind and politically correct and approved methods you guys propose we use to get information from these people if it could help our cause. I personally dont mind if our guys twist their nipples and make them watch vacation slides. I am not a soldier. I am not there fighting and I have never been in the past so I dont speak from experience but I feel it is safe to assume that behind closed doors it isnt pretty no matter what side is doing the interrogatiing.

Here's where you and I part ways. My views have nothing to do with patriotism. You can't have it both ways. You can't condemn terrorists for utilizing torture and then say it's okay for us to use torture. And for me, torture is wrong/evil.

Here's where you and I part ways. My views have nothing to do with patriotism. You can't have it both ways. You can't condemn terrorists for utilizing torture and then say it's okay for us to use torture. And for me, torture is wrong/evil.

Aight seriously, was playing the funky bunch evil?

While I'm not blatantly and completely against torture I'd point out we aren't really at war with other countires, in fact our current president is quite the friendly business acquaintance of govt heads that sponsor terror on the US. We are fighting against religious extremism. Even during WW2 I'd like to think our tactics were above the Axis. I'd definitely like to think that our federal govt. is above stooping to the levels of domestic terrorists we've dealt with in the past (KKK, Ruby Ridge, Waco, neo-nazis...etc). If me seeing a potential long term benefit in that means I'm tripping over myself to be politically correct in your eyes...then so be it.

My tripping comment is for the guys that are just dying for you to say that any form of extreme tactics is acceptable so they can spew out the "lay down with the garbage and you begin to smell like it theory" I wouldnt want reckless torture all day long but do feel there are times when you may need to squeeze and twist some of these bastards if they truly can help our cause and arent playing ball. I dont think that makes me a bad or compromising american. Abu Ghraib was a total embarrassment and something I was ashamed of . But I remember reading that # 3 guy we caught with the white tee shirt. The mastermind behind 9/11 planning. Idont know his name. I heard they did the blasting music sleep deprivation treatment with him and didnt lose a minutes sleep over it

My tripping comment is for the guys that are just dying for you to say that any form of extreme tactics is acceptable so they can spew out the "lay down with the garbage and you begin to smell like it theory" I wouldnt want reckless torture all day long but do feel there are times when you may need to squeeze and twist some of these bastards if they truly can help our cause and arent playing ball. I dont think that makes me a bad or compromising american. Abu Ghraib was a total embarrassment and something I was ashamed of . But I remember reading that # 3 guy we caught with the white tee shirt. The mastermind behind 9/11 planning. Idont know his name. I heard they did the blasting music sleep deprivation treatment with him and didnt lose a minutes sleep over it

His name is Ron Jeremy.

I am for extreme tactics in specific situations not carte blanche torture

I am for extreme tactics in specific situations not carte blanche torture

The problem is, who gets to decide "specific situations?" Who gets to decide "extreme tactics?" Who do you trust with that kind of power/decision making? Look at how things that are supposed to be good and kind can become twisted and ugly when in the wrong hands (e.g., the Spanish Inquistion; the crusdades, etc.). Put bluntly, I simply believe that torture is evil and those that do it cannot wash that stain away. I also believe that once we make it acceptable in "specific situations," we make it that much easier for torture to become abused and an accepted method.

no prob, you are well known here as a moron.

If that's your response to when Christians are considered terrorists, then :wacko:.

They were well on their way during the abortion clinic bombings. Luckily for them we found another race to label as terrorists. The KKK got a pass during WW2 since the Japs were the terrorists. Now the pro life militia is getting their get out of jail free card because of the towel heads.