[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alaska and Pot

H8tank

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm reading just on the trooper's record, he probably deserved to be fired.

Shhhh, it's funner when the Democrats only present the half of the story that benefits them. Why do you hate their desparation, brad?

But why not go through proper channels? It was a pretty innocuous abuse of power, but it shows that she'll abuse her power for any reason, any time.

She's like Bush, but in a skirt :wacko:

Maybe she just has no patience for bureaucracy. :D

I'm sorry, that wasn't the latest.

Latest is Mrs. Palin clawed her way up in the Republican party by serving as Director of a prominent Republican senator's 527 attack group for 2 years (2003-2005).

The name of the 527? "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc." :wacko:

ABORTION VS LOVE

The chosen one...

" If my daughter makes a mistake I don't want her punished with a child ."

PALIN ...

" As our daughter faces the responsibilities of adulthood , she knows

she has our unconditional love and support ."

Edited by moneymakers

ABORTION VS LOVE

The chosen one...

" If my daughter makes a mistake I don't want her punished with a child ."

PALIN ...

Did you ever find out what doctor sucked your brains out before you were born? :wacko:

"Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though." - Barack Obama

Thank god he never got so addicted to prescription meds that he forgot how many houses he owned

Thank god he never got so addicted to prescription meds that he forgot how many houses he owned

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

Show me where it said that he forgot?

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said in response: "Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people 'cling' to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?

“The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.”

PALIN ...

"Except... you know... not while I'm campaigning 24 hours a day, and when I'm second in command of the free world. But in my free time, I hope to give my pregnant teenage daughter some love and/or support... if I can.

"Also, I think the national public scrutiny of her teen pregnancy and shotgun wedding will help her to mature as a person. This is family values."

Palin's abstinence-only education policy appears to have been a wee bit ineffective ...

I don't think McCain vetted her well or really wanted her as his choice. I think he wanted Leiberman and was told the evangelicals would not let him have a pro-choice candidate ...

This thing has gone a long time! Can we get 3 pages? Or is someone on the shytter?

I saw an interview where Obama made it clear that he didn't agree with involving family members...

in regards to her kid Juno being preggo...

Maybe he thinks she is pretty fly for a white guy.

I do agree tho...she is pretty hawt.

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Palin's abstinence-only education policy appears to have been a wee bit ineffective ...

I don't think McCain vetted her well or really wanted her as his choice. I think he wanted Leiberman and was told the evangelicals would not let him have a pro-choice candidate ...

Huffington's researchers went to the local paper of the town where she was mayor to digg. They found out McCain's folks hadn't bothered to come look into the newpaper's archives because they weren't online. So there are indeed questions on just how well vetted she was, if at all.

The news TODAY is:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm to secure almost $27 million in federal earmarks for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor, according to an analysis by an independent government watchdog group.

Now earmarking is something both she AND McCain have criticized. Read the MSNBC article, lots a fascinating stuff in there, including her ties to Ted Stevens.

Palin has also railed against earmarks, touting her opposition to a $223 million bridge in the state as a prime credential for the vice presidential nomination. "As governor, I've stood up to the old politics-as-usual, to the special interests, to the lobbyists, the big oil companies, and the good-ol'-boy network," she said Friday.

As mayor of Wasilla, however, Palin oversaw the hiring of Robertson, Monagle & Eastaugh, an Anchorage-based law firm with close ties to Alaska's most senior Republicans: Rep. Don Young and Sen. Ted Stevens, who was indicted in July on charges of accepting illegal gifts. The Wasilla account was handled by the former chief of staff to Stevens, Steven W. Silver, who is a partner in the firm.

:wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

My only question to the dems is where was your concern over the kids of John F. Kennedy, Clinton and for that matter even Obama? I mean these were presidents, and one guy going for president, surely they are just as busy as a VP would be. It seems a little disingenuous for dems to all of a sudden worry about Sarah Palin's kids. And the fact that it keeps being brought up does at least to me make them look desperate.

With regard to the $27 Million she got her town in federal funding when she was a Mayor, I don't see that as a fault. If anything, she was doing the job she was paid to do. And though to some it may sound like a lot of money, it really isn't. Ten years ago we built a $25 Million school for a town with a smaller population.

My only question to the dems is where was your concern over the kids of John F. Kennedy, Clinton and for that matter even Obama? I mean these were presidents, and one guy going for president, surely they are just as busy as a VP would be. It seems a little disingenuous for dems to all of a sudden worry about Sarah Palin's kids. And the fact that it keeps being brought up does at least to me make them look desperate.

With regard to the $27 Million she got her town in federal funding when she was a Mayor, I don't see that as a fault. If anything, she was doing the job she was paid to do. And though to some it may sound like a lot of money, it really isn't. Ten years ago we built a $25 Million school for a town with a smaller population.

I don't think serious Dems are worried about how or where she will or will not raise her kids. There have been questions on how she can support her stance on using abstinence and no sex education what so ever to combat teen pregancy.

As for the earmarks, so basically it is alright that she could do it while she was a mayor, then condemn it when she is governor? And run for President on the ticket of a guy whose bread and butter has been to rail against this sort of thing?

Seems the term "flip-flop" should be used here. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

1. "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, lovely America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. ... lovely America for treating our citizens as less than human. lovely America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." ... "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye." ... "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." ... "We started the AIDS virus ... as a means of genocide against people of color." --Barack Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in various sermons

Twenty Years Bro

Edited by moneymakers

1. "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, lovely America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. ... lovely America for treating our citizens as less than human. lovely America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." ... "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye." ... "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." ... "We started the AIDS virus ... as a means of genocide against people of color." --Barack Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in various sermons

Twenty Years Bro

So what Obama's ex-preacher has to say counts as much as the actions of the Republican candidate for Vice President? :wacko: