[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

You could be right. With the fact that they are looking to move him becoming more and more public knowledge, the Steelers may have backed themselves into a corner and might feel that they really NEED to move him elsewhere and move on. The PR backlash of keeping him would be a nightmare. I listen to Pittsburgh sports radio daily, and 8 of 10 fans calling in want him gone. There are a lot of players in that locker room that want him gone too, whether they admit or not. He has never been unanimously popular in that locker room, which has been public knowledge around Pittsburgh for years. I really don't think the Steelers have much choice, as getting rid of him seems like the only choice. I truly hope it happens, even though it willl set the Steelers back quite a bit, as they search for and develop a long-term replacement.

If I was Al Davis I would offer my first round pick and JRuss to Pitt for their first round pick and Roethlisberger. Win/Win. Pitt gets rid of the guy, moves up, and gains a young QB with a cannon arm that might benefit from being on a real team.

Oakland gets rid of the blemish that is JRuss, gains a top QB, and still has a first round pick.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Al Davis I would offer my first round pick and JRuss to Pitt for their first round pick and Roethlisberger. Win/Win. Pitt gets rid of the guy, moves up, and gains a young QB with a cannon arm that might benefit from being on a real team.

Oakland gets rid of the blemish that is JRuss, gains a top QB, and still has a first round pick.

J Russell has less value than Abacus.

As much as I've hated Ben from the day I met him... and continue to think he's a giant duche.... The guy can straight up play. And I could see Al Davis realistically breaking the bank for this guy.

And as much as it would pain me to cheer for him, it would be a lot better than another botched Top 10 pick to throw in the pile...

That'd be great for Oakland, I don't know the possibility of it happening though.

--

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

RW

That'd be great for Oakland, I don't know the possibility of it happening though.

--

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

RW

:wacko:

Not gonna happen folks.

PIT would have to throw their first back in to make it even realistic: Ben/1.18 for 1.08/Nnamdi

Why would Oakland even do that...give up the higher pick, and better player, for a rapist and a lower pick?

Al values the QB position much higher than DB.

Even if Nnamdi is the better player (which I know many here will argue) - Al has the mentality that all LBs and CBs are expendable and can easily replaced by talented athletes in a good system. (Of which, Oakland has neither).

I just don't see Leftwich or Dixon doing the job and Batch, well, he's batch.

Lets get a rumor started, shall we? With the Eagles keeping with Kolb and Vick in the wings, wanting a starting job. Could the Eagles deal Vick cheaply to the Steelers to be their starter?

Lets get a rumor started, shall we? With the Eagles keeping with Kolb and Vick in the wings, wanting a starting job. Could the Eagles deal Vick cheaply to the Steelers to be their starter?

Vick owned a rape stand for the dogs. We're about full on the rape right now.

that did'nt work the 1st time....-we called it Kordell Stewart

So, lets get down to the minutia. If Ben goes to the Raiders, who gets the starting job in Steelerville?

They draft Claussen at #8 and start with Lefty for the year until Claussen learns the ropes. batch gets cut, and Dixon is still #3.

IMO of course . . .

Also Campbell signed his tender for the SKins, who are hard up for draft picks . . . .If they trade Rapistberger to the Raiders, they could also trade a 3rd for Campbell and try to see if a Colt McCoy falls to develop for the next few years . .

--

RW

If I'm the Raiders I wouldn't give up Asomugha or the 8th pick for the joke that is Ben Roethlisberger. Way to much value to give up for him IMO.

From the Oakland Tribune:

The Raiders are unwilling to part with the No. 8 overall pick in a trade for Ben Roethlisberger, a team source tells the Oakland Tribune.

Nor are the Steelers willing to toss in the No. 18 overall pick to sweeten the pot. The Oakland Trib confirms that the Raiders asked Pittsburgh about Big Ben's availability, but it appears the sides are too far apart when it comes to compensation for a deal to be finalized before Friday night's first round. Expect Oakland to stand pat, and Roethlisberger (most likely) to stay put.

:wacko: Al you idiot...

While I despise Ben the person, he's a steal for 1.08. Al is proving once again his incompitence in the modern football era...