[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Song of Ice and Fire HBO pilot set to start filming this weekend

giggity

I will be happy to see this happen. Now I've got to go back and re-read the first books to refresh the story in my head.

• 1 month later...

Premier Episode was last night. Thought it was very well done. Scenery/sets are amazing as is wardrobe. Armour is very sweet. Seems to be following the book fairly close so far. Not holding back on showing violence or T&A. Can't wait for next week!!!

Premier Episode was last night. Thought it was very well done. Scenery/sets are amazing as is wardrobe. Armour is very sweet. Seems to be following the book fairly close so far. Not holding back on showing violence or T&A. Can't wait for next week!!!

agreed... i almost let my 10 year old watch it... he wanted to read the books... glad i didn't... a lot of boobies and sex :wacko:

Just finished A Game of Thrones and now reading A Clash of Kings. Really enjoyable books and I look forward to finishing the series. Considering adding HBO just to watch this series.

Just finished A Game of Thrones and now reading A Clash of Kings. Really enjoyable books and I look forward to finishing the series. Considering adding HBO just to watch this series.

i think hbo is free on most cable and satellite networks right now

I enjoyed the pilot. Thought the wedding scene in Pentos was pretty painfu though. I also wish they could have fit in a few more scenes such as prince Joffery and I believe Robb sparring. I understand though that they had a lot to fit in the first couple of episodes. Should be a great series.

Overall I think the casting is great especially the Stark kids Arya and Brandt, Tyrion(my favorite character in the books along with Sandor Clegane), and Viserys. From the previews Littlefinger looks perfectly cast as well. The only one that I'm not sold on is Catelyn Stark.

I enjoyed the pilot. Thought the wedding scene in Pentos was pretty painfu though. I also wish they could have fit in a few more scenes such as prince Joffery and I believe Robb sparring. I understand though that they had a lot to fit in the first couple of episodes. Should be a great series.

Overall I think the casting is great especially the Stark kids Arya and Brandt, Tyrion(my favorite character in the books along with Sandor Clegane), and Viserys. From the previews Littlefinger looks perfectly cast as well. The only one that I'm not sold on is Catelyn Stark.

I thought the first episode was a little rushed, but it was probably rushed in an effort to set the stage for the major plotlines early.

I thought the first episode was a little rushed, but it was probably rushed in an effort to set the stage for the major plotlines early.

I tend to agree. Obviously, those of us who have read the series are more than willing to let HBO take its time developing characters and storylines. However, I wonder if HBO was afraid to take too long in doing so for the casual viewer as there was concern that the casual viewer might simply check out.

I tend to agree. Obviously, those of us who have read the series are more than willing to let HBO take its time developing characters and storylines. However, I wonder if HBO was afraid to take too long in doing so for the casual viewer as there was concern that the casual viewer might simply check out.

I have not read the books .. . and I am still trying to figure out what the F is going on with all the relationships. :tup: I guess I should watch it a few more times to be sure I have the backstory . .

All I know is they are all very adept at figuring out what season is next. :wacko:

I have not read the books .. . and I am still trying to figure out what the F is going on with all the relationships. :tup: I guess I should watch it a few more times to be sure I have the backstory . .

All I know is they are all very adept at figuring out what season is next. :wacko:

Don't worry. Even if you read the books you're constantly wondering what the F is going on with all the relationships. I watched it with a friend and we both talked about the fact that they didn't really make it clear that the seasons last for years and it's been quite a while since there was a long Winter.

Don't worry. Even if you read the books you're constantly wondering what the F is going on with all the relationships. I watched it with a friend and we both talked about the fact that they didn't really make it clear that the seasons last for years and it's been quite a while since there was a long Winter.

they did mention it( the long season and that there has not been a long winter for a spell) a few times and my life partner picked up on , she has not read the books.

• 2 weeks later...

3rd episode was just alright but it did set up for future events to take place. Still really enjoying this series!!!

I've only seen the first episode but I'll be torrenting them as soon as I get home and watching what I can tonight. Kind of a beech that the baby is still not sleeping through the night so we'll see how long it takes me to get caught up. Heard that viewership actually went up after the first episode. Glad to hear others like it as well.

And BC, if you are the reading type, I'd grab Game of thrones and go through it before watching the movie but that's just me. heck, I have a .pdf of the first book I'll email you if you PM me your info.

I've only seen the first episode but I'll be torrenting them as soon as I get home and watching what I can tonight. Kind of a beech that the baby is still not sleeping through the night so we'll see how long it takes me to get caught up. Heard that viewership actually went up after the first episode. Glad to hear others like it as well.

And BC, if you are the reading type, I'd grab Game of thrones and go through it before watching the movie but that's just me. heck, I have a .pdf of the first book I'll email you if you PM me your info.

Same boat as you man. Mine is only 6 weeks, so I have a ways to go before sleeping through the night... However, thats actually when I get a chance to watch the show, so I got that goin for me...

• 2 weeks later...

So far this series has not dissappointed. Last night episode (5) was one of the best so far. There were a couple of Holy Poopoo moments. HBO has really done a great job of putting this together, the characters are really developing and they are staying true to the books. The scenery is incredible.

I believe there are only 3 episodes left in the season??

I just really hope that they are able to do the entire series!!

So far this series has not dissappointed. Last night episode (5) was one of the best so far. There were a couple of Holy Poopoo moments. HBO has really done a great job of putting this together, the characters are really developing and they are staying true to the books. The scenery is incredible.

I believe there are only 3 episodes left in the season??

I just really hope that they are able to do the entire series!!

Glad to hear episode 5 was good. I've caught up through the first 4, but since I'm pirating (no HBO) I'll always be a day late (probably more). I've enjoyed the first 4 and my wife who didn't read the books has liked the series so far. My only real complaint is this scene should have been much longer (no nudity, but might not be safe for work if they are real uptight).

Could have done without the ghey scene. I don't remember that from the books or either I blocked it out.

Otherwise, fantastic episode!

ghey scene was not in the book. I'm thinking that the next 3 episodes are going to be pretty intense.