[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which is why the average American sports fan is a boorish dolt, who can't appreciate a sport unless it involves a lot of scoring. The NFL caters to this mindless twit by changing the rules to encourage more scoring. The NHL changes it's rules about offsides to encourage more intra-zone passing to create more scoring. MLB builds sandboxes to enable more home runs.

I guess FIFA should double the width and the height of the goal to encourage more scoring...maybe then cro-magnon American sports fan can appreciate the world's finest game.

then again, keep it the way it is....the sport is better without them.

:wacko:

good chit - boorish dolt? I happen to enjoy a ton of sports- just not soccer

listen, I think the World Cup itself is pretty cool and I can dig the international rivalries and tradition of the sport. I would love to see USA make a nice deep run in the Cup - but it is more about the event than the sport for me. Between the blowing horns, slow pace of play, and the soft=spoken announcers, the games put me to sleep in about 5 minutes.....and why the eff are soccerheads so sensitive about their cute little sport?, unreal. I am a hoops junkie, and understand that a lot of peeps don't like the NBA - hey, that is cool- whatever your into - I am certainly not goin to get my umbro panties in a bunch over it

let's get real here - soccer is a limited sport played by limited athletes and it is a cute little game that doesn't compare to faster-paced, more involved sports like basketball and football.

GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let's get real here - soccer is a sport played by limited athletes

Some of the stinkiest diarrhea of the mouth I've ever seen on these boards. :tup:

and it is a cute little game that doesn't compare to faster-paced, more involved sports

Your opinion. And it's curious that someone that's so anti-soccer still watches the World Cup. You sure do like it both ways. NTTAWWT. :wacko:

Maybe because in a thread about the greatest event in sports people feel the need to come in and continue belittling it...F*ck off

The belittling of people and their likes is pretty much the only reason some are here. Every WC we get these numb nutted losers.

After the WC they will find something else to jump on. It's either that or sitting in a corner sucking on their binky.

Why are those that don't like the game so determined to post the fact over and over again in a soccer thread?

Because they feel they need to justify their being caught in the thread while they are secretly checking out scores and info.

so don't watch. :wacko:

i don't know why people here feel like they HAVE to like soccer. the sport has got along just fine without having to be popular here. i enjoy watching the world cup because it's easy to follow, the u.s. is much stronger than in the past and these are the world's best players. aside from a little olympic soccer, i don't watch any other soccer.

i can barely watch the nba. i think it caters too much to superstars and i don't enjoy the same teams winning every year. i watch the finals because there's nothing else on, but i couldn't care less who wins. it's one of this country's most popular sports, it's played all over the world, and yet i don't think i've watched a full regular-season nba game in years. maybe i should follow others' lead and go to the non-football forum and lament why i hate watching nba games while bashing those who do. or maybe i could just continue not caring.

You just say don't watch - I would like to watch but I have a tough time staying interested - I think the World Cup is a cool thing and I tried to get more interested about it because it is a huge event. I was seriously asking why they do things - fake the injuries goalies diving and making it look tougher than it really is. Those things are annoying to a lot of people - you hear a lot of people rip on the dives and the injuries - these things tend to make them like pansies and that is where people really rip on soccer.

The fact that you have a possible shootout to win the biggest game in the world is also annoying to me - play until some team breaks the tie.

I think it would be more enjoyable to watch if they played the game and got rid of a lot of the diving and yes I do think some more scoring would help to have the sport catch on more here in the states.

Or Niger and Germany.

Niger = NIG

Nigeria = NGR

This reminds me of something that happened to my wife back in the 70's. She has always been a little forgetful even in High School. How she was honor roll, I don't know. Anyhow, while working in a business that had many clients coming and going she would write down a description of the people to know who got what order. She wrote it down in Latin so no one would know what she was writing. What she overlooked was that the word for black to describe in Latin is N-I-G-E-R. Almost lost her job over that. And for the record she stop writing down descriptions in Latin or any other language for that matter. :wacko:

I actually like following the world cup. The event itself is pretty awesome considering on a world scale how hugh it is. Some of us are just poking at the soccer guys because we are being told we arent smart enough to appreciate the sweet science that goes into the game. Just having some fun.

God dang it!!!!

New Zealand scores in extra time. Beautiful goal, and ballsy coaching (the all whites once they fell behind went to a 343 formation). Great stroy for this small nation.

Just makes the Italians route to the next round that much easier. The itals already got a cakewalk draw, but it just got a lot easier.

I really hate the Italians in the world cup :wacko:

God dang it!!!!

New Zealand scores in extra time. Beautiful goal, and ballsy coaching (the all whites once they fell behind went to a 343 formation). Great stroy for this small nation.

Just makes the Italians route to the next round that much easier. The itals already got a cakewalk draw, but it just got a lot easier.

I really hate the Italians in the world cup :wacko:

:tup: Is it because of that pesky beating you for the title in the last WC thing ?

seriously

OK that second tackle that he appeared to flop on had a little more merit, but hey, you reap what you sow.

Also, is it me, or does the Ivory Coast (even without Drogba) look much better than #27 in the world? :wacko:

E2A: The Portuguese are a bunch of flopping twatboys.

Edited by darin3