[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

i would bet $1 million he isn't.

It isn't because I think he is the most talented. It is that the opportunities seem to exist more in country music, based on past Idol performers. Obviously, Carrie Underwood has been phenomenally successful, but, she won the contest. Others like Kellie Pickler, Josh Gracin, Bucky Covington, Danny Gokey, Rachel Lee Cook, Casey James & Chris Sligh all finished out of the top 3 (if I remember right), yet have gone on to success in country music. I can't think of many of the same examples in Pop or Rock, where so many that finished out of the top 3, went on to success, despite there being a much larger pool of talented singers. I think that Scotty is every bit as talented as everyone on that list, with the exception of Carrie Underwood.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't because I think he is the most talented. It is that the opportunities seem to exist more in country music, based on past Idol performers. Obviously, Carrie Underwood has been phenomenally successful, but, she won the contest. Others like Kellie Pickler, Josh Gracin, Bucky Covington, Danny Gokey, Rachel Lee Cook, Casey James & Chris Sligh all finished out of the top 3 (if I remember right), yet have gone on to success in country music. I can't think of many of the same examples in Pop or Rock, where so many that finished out of the top 3, went on to success, despite there being a much larger pool of talented singers. I think that Scotty is every bit as talented as everyone on that list, with the exception of Carrie Underwood.

I honestly didn't know most of those people you listed were still alive. so yeah, i guess he could be successful as some of them.

Menudo:

1. Scotty - Safe, predictable, probably getting boring, but, this kid can sing country songs very well.

pretty much agree. he is very marketable, and pretty damn polished for a 17 y/o, right now.

2. Naima - To me, it seemed like she was impersonating a Reggae singer. I like Reggae music, and she didn't sing badly, but, I think it is time for her to go home

I think that actually suited her very well, and I liked it much better than the judges. and I actually think the jamaican patois sounded pretty authentic (and I listen to quite a bit of 'real' reggae). I do think she's probably going home, however, and I think overall it's probably justified.

3. Paul - The guy definitely has a unique voice, and I like it. However, like Scotty, all performances seem the same.

I thought he was very good.

4. Pia - I thought she was incredible. She has a phenomenal voice. She is also very nice to look at. I do think she needs to show more personality to win though.

meh. she is ok, but here is the thing. nothing about her singing excites me. (her legs on the other hand...) she's not distinctive in any way. she just stands there and tries to sing like celine dion. she does a passable job of it, but she's clearly not good enough to BE celine dion. where is the future as a recording artist in that? I just don't see it, and I don't see how she sustains any real interest after this show is over. unless she decides to pose for playboy...

5. Stefano - I thought "Tiny Dancer" was too big of a song for him. I was surprised that the judges liked it as much as they did. Not bad, but, not great.

thought it was corny, and probably the worst of the night. the judges are starting to make themselves irrelevant by blowing smoke up everyone's butt.

6. Lauren - I thought it was o.k., but, didn't have the love that the judges did for it, especially J-Lo, who called it the best of the night to that point. :wacko:

I liked it. up until last week, I didn't really see what anyone saw in her. but I'm starting to get it. still, she is VERY immature. I think she'll go home in the next 3 or 4 weeks, but I kinda hope it's not this week.

7. James - He is my favorite. I love his confidence and that he makes every song a performance. I think he is solid every week.

he was pretty good. definitely a good performer.

8. Thia - "Daniel" was the perfect song for her, and I loved her performance. However, it seems I am in the minority on this one.

she has a beautiful voice, but it was a little sleepy and boring. think she might be going home.

9. Casey - This was his best performance since the show went live. I thought he was very good this week.

yeah, he was great. really enjoyed that.

10. Jacob - This guy's voice is amazing, but, I can't stand to watch him sing. The theatrics and facial expressions annoy the hell out of me.

dude, jacob is awesome. what you see as theatrics and annoying facial expressions, I see as singing his f'n face off and not giving a chit. it's passion and committment. it's like troy polamalu throwing himself into the backfield to make a play. or like big ben hitting a college bar full of drunk 19 year-old skanks.

11. Haley - I thought she was good and better than she usually is, but, I was blown away like the judges were.

agree with you. she was way hawt though. she sang pretty well, and its a song I really like. but to me she always sounds like she's trying to imitate what she thinks she wants to sound like, if that makes any sense. whether she stays or goes, I won't care much either way.

My bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Haley (based on all performances, not just last night)

Who I Would Send Home: Naima, Stefano

I'd send home stefano and pia.

My predicted bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Thia

My prediction of who is going home: Naima, Thia :tup:

I think I probably agree there.

Edited by Azazello1313

I honestly didn't know most of those people you listed were still alive. so yeah, i guess he could be successful as some of them.

Most have had songs hit the top 40 country charts. Compare that to the success of those in other genres.

Menudo: 1. Scotty - Safe, predictable, probably getting boring, but, this kid can sing country songs very well.

Azz: pretty much agree. he is very marketable, and pretty damn polished for a 17 y/o, right now.

Keg: at first I didn't like that they included Scottie in the final 13 but as the weeks have gone on I think it is evident that he showed them more during Hollywood week than what they let us see...he is one dimensional but he does that dimension damn well

Menudo 2. Naima - To me, it seemed like she was impersonating a Reggae singer. I like Reggae music, and she didn't sing badly, but, I think it is time for her to go home

Azz: I think that actually suited her very well, and I liked it much better than the judges. and I actually think the jamaican patois sounded pretty authentic (and I listen to quite a bit of 'real' reggae). I do think she's probably going home, however, and I think overall it's probably justified.

Keg: I actually liked it too but I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the bottom 3 and one of the two going home.

Menudo: 3. Paul - The guy definitely has a unique voice, and I like it. However, like Scotty, all performances seem the same.

Azz: I thought he was very good.

Keg: I too thought he was very good.

Menudo 4. Pia - I thought she was incredible. She has a phenomenal voice. She is also very nice to look at. I do think she needs to show more personality to win though.

Azz: meh. she is ok, but here is the thing. nothing about her singing excites me. (her legs on the other hand...) she's not distinctive in any way. she just stands there and tries to sing like celine dion. she does a passable job of it, but she's clearly not good enough to BE celine dion. where is the future as a recording artist in that? I just don't see it, and I don't see how she sustains any real interest after this show is over. unless she decides to pose for playboy...

Keg: Like Azz I just don't get the love for Pia....can she sing? yes, but her voice isn't nearly as strong as she thinks it is...and I can't believe how the judges fawn all over her...Azz nails it in that she isn't nearly good enough to BE Celine...the other thing is that she stays safe and never gets called out on it....also, one thing that bugs the crap out of me is that the only steps I remember her taking on stage are the ones that she takes to get to the Mic or her spot...outside of that her feet are concreted in one spot for the entire song...oh and is it just me or does it seem like she is "screaming" at times, mainly because her voice isn't as strong as it needs to be...and imo, her singing, especially the big notes isn't even close to being as natural as This and Lauren.

Menudo 5. Stefano - I thought "Tiny Dancer" was too big of a song for him. I was surprised that the judges liked it as much as they did. Not bad, but, not great.

Azz: thought it was corny, and probably the worst of the night. the judges are starting to make themselves irrelevant by blowing smoke up everyone's butt.

Keg: Agree with Azz on all accounts...didn't even think he belonged in the final 13 and honestly he should have gone home last week.

Menudo 6. Lauren - I thought it was o.k., but, didn't have the love that the judges did for it, especially J-Lo, who called it the best of the night to that point. :wacko:

Azz: I liked it. up until last week, I didn't really see what anyone saw in her. but I'm starting to get it. still, she is VERY immature. I think she'll go home in the next 3 or 4 weeks, but I kinda hope it's not this week.

Keg: I liked Lauren from the first time i heard her audition. She is a natural and when she sings it is effortless (unlike Pia)...I liked her performance this week and about the only thing that kept the judges from really gushing was adding a big note and/or a run at that end..but you know what, I don't think it was needed...I do agree that she is immature and that could end up hurting her but I think she still could make it to the final 3 and wouldn't be surprised if she wins it all...she hasn't had her "moment" yet but when she does it could be the wave that she needs.

Menudo 7. James - He is my favorite. I love his confidence and that he makes every song a performance. I think he is solid every week.

Azz: he was pretty good. definitely a good performer.

Keg: I like James but wasn't crazy about the song last nite...he is a good performer and singer too...don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon.

Menudo 8. Thia - "Daniel" was the perfect song for her, and I loved her performance. However, it seems I am in the minority on this one.

Azz: she has a beautiful voice, but it was a little sleepy and boring. think she might be going home.

Keg: Thia has an amazing voice and like Lauren I think she is a natural and when she hits those big notes it is effortless (again, unlike Pia)..while I thought the song was a good one for her I thought it was a bit theatrical and I think she very well could end up in the bottom 3...I also think it is easy to see that she too is young and may not exactly know what she is as an artist at this point in time....if you really want to see how good she is just close your eyes and listen to her

Menudo 9. Casey - This was his best performance since the show went live. I thought he was very good this week.

Azz: yeah, he was great. really enjoyed that.

Keg: I am glad that they saved Casey last week (mainly so they cant use it on the likes of Pia or Stefano when they get the boot, but also because I didn't think Casey deserved to go home). This week by dialing it down Casey showed he can sing and not just growl...considering he has played instruments I really would have like to see him on the piano singing last nite (my guess is he can play)

Menudo 10. Jacob - This guy's voice is amazing, but, I can't stand to watch him sing. The theatrics and facial expressions annoy the hell out of me.

Azz: dude, jacob is awesome. what you see as theatrics and annoying facial expressions, I see as singing his f'n face off and not giving a chit. it's passion and committment. it's like troy polamalu throwing himself into the backfield to make a play. or like big ben hitting a college bar full of drunk 19 year-old skanks.

Keg: Jacob can "sang" and has a HUGH voice, one of the best pure singers that Idol has ever had...but I can see how his facial expressions etc could annoy some...but he does connect and sing his heart out so I can deal with the residual stuff.

Menudo; 11. Haley - I thought she was good and better than she usually is, but, I was blown away like the judges were.

Azz: agree with you. she was way hawt though. she sang pretty well, and its a song I really like. but to me she always sounds like she's trying to imitate what she thinks she wants to sound like, if that makes any sense. whether she stays or goes, I won't care much either way.

Keg: I hated the first few lines of the song but then she really changed gears and I thought did a fantastic job...azz said she is trying to imitate what she wants to sound like and that could be it but to me it seems like she is THINKING instead of just singing...I really like her voice and would like to see her stick around but I don't think she has connected with America and her weeks are numbered unless she really turns it on.

Menudo: My bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Haley (based on all performances, not just last night)

Who I Would Send Home: Naima, Stefano

Azz: I'd send home stefano and pia.

Keg: I agree with Azz, send stefano and pia home but that won't happen...probably stefano and naima (or possibly Thia) go home.

My predicted bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Thia

My prediction of who is going home: Naima, Thia :tup:

Azz: I think I probably agree there.

Keg: I think it is Naima and Stefano that go home but like I said wouldn't be shocked if Thia goes home.

Edited by keggerz

Are Gokey and Sligh really country? I ask cause I seriously don't know but from what I remember of them would be shocked if they are.

anyway here is a list of the top album sales by idols that finished 4th or worst(I am not sure exactly who is country but this does seem to show that the "pop" stars have done as well if not better than the country singers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol...mni_album_sales

Name/# Album Sales

Chris Daughtry/6,042,000

(Season 5, 4th Place)

Kellie Pickler 1,318,000

(Season 5, 6th Place)

Jennifer Hudson 998,000

(Season 3, 7th Place)

Josh Gracin 788,000

(Season 2, 4th Place)

Bucky Covington 427,000

(Season 5, 8th Place)

Mandisa / 396,000

(Season 5, 9th Place)

Tamyra Gray /123,000

(Season 1, 4th Place)

Allison Iraheta 103,000

(Season 8, 4th Place)

Jason Castro /72,000

(Season 7, 4th Place)

Chris Sligh 64,000

(Season 6, 10th Place)

LaToya London 58,000

(Season 3, 4th Place)

Phil Stacey 58,000(I think I remember him having a country vibe)

(Season 6, 6th Place)

Mario Vazquez 56,000

(Season 4, Top 12)

I am not sure who out of the following are country but with the number of sales they have I don't think it matters much.

Carly Smithson 41,000

(Season 7, 6th Place)

George Huff /33,000

(Season 3, 5th Place)

Kristy Lee Cook /32,000

(Season 7, 7th Place)

Brooke White 29,000

(Season 7, 5th Place)

Constantine Maroulis 25,000

(Season 4, 6th Place)

Paris Bennett 22,300

(Season 5, 5th Place)

R. J. Helton 22,000

(Season 1, 5th Place)

John Stevens 21,000

(Season 3, 6th Place)

Michael Johns 20,000

(Season 7, 8th Place)

Ace Young 10,000

(Season 5, 7th Place)

LaKisha Jones 7,000

(Season 6, 4th Place)

Jim Verraros 4,300

(Season 1, 9th Place)

Carmen Rasmusen 3,100

(Season 2, 6th Place)

Ayla Brown 3,000

(Season 5, Top 16)

Corey Clark 2,600

(Season 2, 9th Place)

Jon Peter Lewis 1,600

(Season 3, 8th Place)

Michael Sarver 1,000

(Season 8, 10th Place)

Are Gokey and Sligh really country? I ask cause I seriously don't know but from what I remember of them would be shocked if they are.

anyway here is a list of the top album sales by idols that finished 4th or worst(I am not sure exactly who is country but this does seem to show that the "pop" stars have done as well if not better than the country singers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol...mni_album_sales

Name/# Album Sales

Chris Daughtry/6,042,000

(Season 5, 4th Place)

Kellie Pickler 1,318,000

(Season 5, 6th Place)

Jennifer Hudson 998,000

(Season 3, 7th Place)

Josh Gracin 788,000

(Season 2, 4th Place)

Bucky Covington 427,000

(Season 5, 8th Place)

Mandisa / 396,000

(Season 5, 9th Place)

Tamyra Gray /123,000

(Season 1, 4th Place)

Allison Iraheta 103,000

(Season 8, 4th Place)

Jason Castro /72,000

(Season 7, 4th Place)

Chris Sligh 64,000

(Season 6, 10th Place)

LaToya London 58,000

(Season 3, 4th Place)

Phil Stacey 58,000(I think I remember him having a country vibe)

(Season 6, 6th Place)

Mario Vazquez 56,000

(Season 4, Top 12)

I am not sure who out of the following are country but with the number of sales they have I don't think it matters much.

Carly Smithson 41,000

(Season 7, 6th Place)

George Huff /33,000

(Season 3, 5th Place)

Kristy Lee Cook /32,000

(Season 7, 7th Place)

Brooke White 29,000

(Season 7, 5th Place)

Constantine Maroulis 25,000

(Season 4, 6th Place)

Paris Bennett 22,300

(Season 5, 5th Place)

R. J. Helton 22,000

(Season 1, 5th Place)

John Stevens 21,000

(Season 3, 6th Place)

Michael Johns 20,000

(Season 7, 8th Place)

Ace Young 10,000

(Season 5, 7th Place)

LaKisha Jones 7,000

(Season 6, 4th Place)

Jim Verraros 4,300

(Season 1, 9th Place)

Carmen Rasmusen 3,100

(Season 2, 6th Place)

Ayla Brown 3,000

(Season 5, Top 16)

Corey Clark 2,600

(Season 2, 9th Place)

Jon Peter Lewis 1,600

(Season 3, 8th Place)

Michael Sarver 1,000

(Season 8, 10th Place)

thing about that list is that album sales in general have dropped dramatically since idol started.

I was pulling for Naima (sp.?) as the only listenable woman, in my opinion, when the show went "live". I typically don't like female-based bands. :lol: Anyways, she at least had some creativity.

Pia bores the absolute crap out of me.

Lauren is actually growin' on me a little bit. :wacko:

As for the guys, meh. I guess I'll pull for Casey, although his theatrics last week made me want to strangle him.

No one is standing out for me, which is kinda disappointing. Really miss Simon Cowell. Steven Tyler sucks. I predict he'll be gone after this season but J-Lo will stay. They need someone with balls to tell the singers they suck when they suck. I like Randy but him, as the voice of reason, "is just aaaight for me". :tup:

Edited by darin3

My top 3

Lauren - great, effortless voice for her age. Really liked her tonight singing with Scotty

Pia - She is hawt, and can sing...

Haley - I predict she will be the most successful after the season. when she actually gets in the studio, her voice is going to be incredible. Plus she has a great look, and will appeal to the masses.

Next 2

James Reminds me too much of Adam lambert. Hated that dude last yr.

Casey Drama last week lost him some respect IMO, but he is talented

Stefano is next to go.

Paul goes after Stefano

Jacob goes after Paul

Scotty will probably make the top 5, but I dont care for him much. he actually has a nice voice, but he got a lil cocky, and over does some of the notes. I predict he goes after Jacob

I liked the duets/group songs last night, especially Lauren and Scotty. That was the first Scotty performance I didn't mock or fast-forward through.

I would have exchanged Stefano for Thia in the vote-off, but it won't be long now. :wacko:

Man, in a few weeks the vote-offs are gonna start getting tough to watch. This is by far the best group of singers they've had in the finals. The wife and I are actually talking about going to see the tour, which in past years I would have rejected on account of it being a cornball crapfest.

I liked the duets/group songs last night, especially Lauren and Scotty. That was the first Scotty performance I didn't mock or fast-forward through.

I would have exchanged Stefano for Thia in the vote-off, but it won't be long now. :wacko:

Man, in a few weeks the vote-offs are gonna start getting tough to watch. This is by far the best group of singers they've had in the finals. The wife and I are actually talking about going to see the tour, which in past years I would have rejected on account of it being a cornball crapfest.

+1 on all 3 of your points

I liked Thia, but she got lost in this competition and didn't stand out. Technically, she is better than many of the remaining contestants, but she's not going to get votes singing sleepy ballads every week.

I liked the duets / bands last night as well.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

This group keeps getting better and better........my thoughts, in the order that I would place them based on tonight's performance only

1.) James Durbin - He continues to be my favorite. Seeing him turn to a slower paced song and killing it was great to see. I absolutely love The Beatles, love that song and thought it was another great performance.

2.) Jacob Lusk - I've been tough on him, due to the theatrics, but, this guy can flat out sing. "Man In The Mirror" is my favorite Michael Jackson song, and I thought he was phenomenal tonight.

3.) Pia Toscano - I know there are some on here that don't like her, or feel she is over-rated. I think she has a phenomenal voice, and tonight, she picked up the pace and still sounded great. She also always brings the hotness. :wacko:

4.) Scotty McCreery - He really has a great voice. Elvis fit his voice perfectly, and I thought it sounded great. I still think he is going to have great success in country music.

5.) Casey Abrams - I really like when he just stays relaxed and sings. That is two weeks in a row where he didn't over-do it, and just showed what a solid musician he is.

6.) Paul McDonald - The guys has a distinctive and strong voice, but, the competition is tough this year, and he just isn't doing anything to stand-out over the others. I love Johnny Cash and love "Folsom Prison Blues", and I liked it, but, I just thought there were five that were better.

7.) Lauren Alaina - She did a solid job with a very tough song. She never blows me away, but, she definitely has a good voice.

*Big Drop-Off*

8.) Haley Reinhart - I guess I just don't get it. To me, it sounds like she is screaming through her songs and over-doing the raspy voice. Two weeks in a row where I didn't think she was great, but, the judges loved her.

9.) Stefano Langone - He was a little bit better this week, but, I just don't think he compares with the rest of this group I think his time has run out.

Who I would put in the bottom three (based on everything up until now): Stefano, Haley, Lauren

Who I would send home: Stefano

Who I think will be in the bottom three: Stefano, Haley, Paul

Who I think will go home: Stefano

There is only one person who can sing Janis Joplin.

Janis Joplin.

They should send Haley home for assault and battery on a defenseless classic.

well, that's true. But you could say that about all the songs. Johny Cash, Aretha Franklin in particular stood out as songs that i didn't want to hear amateurs sing. But it was hall of fame week so nothing you can do about that really.

on another note, i really wish the judges would have some kind of opinion. otherwise let's just call them cheerleaders and not call them judges.

1.) James Durbin - He continues to be my favorite. Seeing him turn to a slower paced song and killing it was great to see. I absolutely love The Beatles, love that song and thought it was another great performance.

Same here. I hate to say anyone has it in the bag, but this guy just keeps rolling along effortlessly.

2.) Jacob Lusk - I've been tough on him, due to the theatrics, but, this guy can flat out sing. "Man In The Mirror" is my favorite Michael Jackson song, and I thought he was phenomenal tonight.

Same again here. When I just listen I typically like him much better. the guy absolutely has an incredible & unique voice and it's a pleasure to see him gradually progress beyond the Broadway drama.

3.) Pia Toscano - I know there are some on here that don't like her, or feel she is over-rated. I think she has a phenomenal voice, and tonight, she picked up the pace and still sounded great. She also always brings the hotness. :wacko:

I like her as well and she does have a fantastic voice, I'm just not sold on her stage personality. And it's probably just me, but I just don't find her all that attractive. Especially in the 80's getup she had on tonight.

4.) Scotty McCreery - He really has a great voice. Elvis fit his voice perfectly, and I thought it sounded great. I still think he is going to have great success in country music.

My wife is a big Elvis fan and liked it. Me, not so much. He did well, but he's still not one of my favorites.

5.) Casey Abrams - I really like when he just stays relaxed and sings. That is two weeks in a row where he didn't over-do it, and just showed what a solid musician he is.

Loved it as well & he had a couple of moments where I thought he was going to lose it, but he did a great job. Big fan of CCR too.

6.) Paul McDonald - The guys has a distinctive and strong voice, but, the competition is tough this year, and he just isn't doing anything to stand-out over the others. I love Johnny Cash and love "Folsom Prison Blues", and I liked it, but, I just thought there were five that were better.

Disagree here. I thought this was one of the best performances of the night

7.) Lauren Alaina - She did a solid job with a very tough song. She never blows me away, but, she definitely has a good voice.

Missed it

*Big Drop-Off*

8.) Haley Reinhart - I guess I just don't get it. To me, it sounds like she is screaming through her songs and over-doing the raspy voice. Two weeks in a row where I didn't think she was great, but, the judges loved her.

Missed it

9.) Stefano Langone - He was a little bit better this week, but, I just don't think he compares with the rest of this group I think his time has run out.

Agree, I think he's only held on this long because of the lesser talent at the bottom. This may be his week

This group keeps getting better and better........my thoughts, in the order that I would place them based on tonight's performance only

1.) James Durbin - He continues to be my favorite. Seeing him turn to a slower paced song and killing it was great to see. I absolutely love The Beatles, love that song and thought it was another great performance. He is also my favorite and very safe. I think he did great tonight.

2.) Jacob Lusk - I've been tough on him, due to the theatrics, but, this guy can flat out sing. "Man In The Mirror" is my favorite Michael Jackson song, and I thought he was phenomenal tonight. I am in the same boat with the looking at him etc. I do think he did okay with "Man in The Mirror" but not great. I would not have him in 2nd place by any stretch. In fact I have him at or on the edge of the bottom three.

3.) Pia Toscano - I know there are some on here that don't like her, or feel she is over-rated. I think she has a phenomenal voice, and tonight, she picked up the pace and still sounded great. She also always brings the hotness. :wacko:I was not as happy tonight with her as I have been. Still she was good and is safe.

4.) Scotty McCreery - He really has a great voice. Elvis fit his voice perfectly, and I thought it sounded great. I still think he is going to have great success in country music. I just don't like this guy. I know it is my fault but I don't. I do think this was one of his best weeks for me though.

5.) Casey Abrams - I really like when he just stays relaxed and sings. That is two weeks in a row where he didn't over-do it, and just showed what a solid musician he is. He was solid and clearly safe this week. I like the guy a lot.

6.) Paul McDonald - The guys has a distinctive and strong voice, but, the competition is tough this year, and he just isn't doing anything to stand-out over the others. I love Johnny Cash and love "Folsom Prison Blues", and I liked it, but, I just thought there were five that were better. I won't be surprised to see him in the bottom three this week. I really don't think he did the song any justice. I think he was okay but there have been many times I liked him more.

7.) Lauren Alaina - She did a solid job with a very tough song. She never blows me away, but, she definitely has a good voice. I think that she had a solid week. No one else around me agreed. I don't know what to think. It won't surprise me to see her in bottom three but I don't think she should be there.

*Big Drop-Off*

8.) Haley Reinhart - I guess I just don't get it. To me, it sounds like she is screaming through her songs and over-doing the raspy voice. Two weeks in a row where I didn't think she was great, but, the judges loved her. I am one of the ones drinking the Haley Kool-Aid. This wasn't the week or the song for her though. I hope America gives her a pass this week but I don't think they will.

9.) Stefano Langone - He was a little bit better this week, but, I just don't think he compares with the rest of this group I think his time has run out. Nothing to say but that I 100% agree. I think he goes home this week and I am happy with that move.

Who I would put in the bottom three (based on everything up until now): Stefano, Haley, Lauren

Who I would send home: Stefano

Who I think will be in the bottom three: Stefano, Haley, Paul

Who I think will go home: Stefano

Casey, Jacob, and Lauren were my favorites tonight.

I think it was Pia's worst song choice and vocal and the performance seemed forced.

Agreed that Haley is over-doing it, but her stage energy might carry her a bit further.

James just reminds me too much of Adam Labert. He is either screaming or doing a sleepy song, but I think others are enjoying it.

I still don't get Paul really.

Prediction:

Pia, Stefano, Paul

Stefano goes home.

I honestly think that these are the best nine they have ever had. There was none of them that were bad tonight. None. In years past, a couple would suck and someone might forget words. All of them did well.

That all said, I agree Stefano is likely to go home. I like Haley a lot but she apparently doesn't connect well with the audience. Pia is hot looking and has an incredible voice but she has a flat personality to me. I would rank those three in the bottom but they could have been top five in past years.

I am enjoying AI more this year than ever. The singers are all good and I have no idea who will end up winning. I enjoy Tyler and Lopez as judges. I like that they never talk about themselves much, just the singer. Randy still has to interject himself into every critique even though he is clearly the #3 best qualified to make judgments.

I actually do not miss Simon's schtick at all...