[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your favorite dish from one of your favorite eats

rajncajn

Just yesterday the family & I went to one of my favorite local places, BB's Poboy's & Seafood. It's places like this that really make me long for home when I eat out of town. My favorite dish there is what they call a Booper, it's a fried oyster poboy with provolone cheese & bacon. A close second is their seafood muffelata and it's only second because I'm always miserable after eating it. It has fried shrimp, oysters, crawfish, crabmeat dressing, provolone cheese, and homemade Creole remoulade sauce.

So what are some of your favorite dishes from your favorite places to eat?

One of my favorite places to eat is McClard's BBQ in Hot Springs, AR.

This is my favorite thing to get: Whole Spread (two tamales) with fritos, beans, chopped beef, cheese & onions . There is a reason I eat it about once a year. Their ribs are awesome as well.

i am a chow fun ho. it is not complex but was very difficult to get in the mountains (in general colorado had trouble with oriental noodles). dime-a-dozen here.... same thing with mongolian beef... done differently there vs here.

Rabbit Jambalaya Supreme at Coop's Place in NOLA (they make their own tasso :drool:)

Whatever they serve you at Sushi Sasabune in Los Angeles/Honolulu (they have no menu and the fish is flown in fresh every day)

Pepperoni and Garlic Pizza at Harry's Pizza in West Hartford, CT

Dirt Dogs at Dirty John's Hotdogs in Glens Falls, NY

Mango Habanero Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (in Texas, they weaken the recipe north of the border)

Either the Fajita De Loma (Beef Tenderloin Fajitas) or Crazy Javier (Prime Sirloin in shape of a softball) served like fajitas or any fajitas from Superior Bar and Grill in Shreveport, LA. Get the ritas and homemade queso. Women need to have a 2 rita limit, seriously.

Fricano's Pizza Grand Haven/Holland, MI. - w. Peperoni, Onion, Bell Pepper and Sausage. Cooked crispy

Lexington BBQ - Lexington, NC - large tray and hush puppies

Dog House - High Point NC - Hot dog all the way

Kepley's BBQ - High Point, NC - large tray and hush puppies

Pano's and Paul's - Atlanta, GA - Crab Cakes (Blows away anything I've ever had in MD, Obrycki's can't even come close.)

Mr. B's - New Orleans - They have these shrimp in a rue as an appetizer... holy sh!t, I don't even care for shrimp that much.

Oz Mersin - Mersin, Turkey - Tantuni (If someone could figure out how to make this correctly here in the US, they would be a billionaire...)

Edited by SEC=UGA

Oh man, I could probably write a book...

Italian sausage sandwich from Frank's Philadelphia Sandwiches in Costa Mesa, CA. Ridiculous. They ship the bread in daily from Philly and get their sausage from one of Orange County's premier sausage makers. People swear by the cheese steaks, but I simply love the sausage sandwich. Fantastic tomato sauce (guessing they're Italian), simply delicious sausage and lots of melted Provolone cheese all up in that flaky yet soft Philly hoagie roll. Good God.

What else... pizza from Nick's (also Costa Mesa, CA). Cheese enchiladas with Tex-Mex (chile con carne) sauce from Trudy's in Austin, TX. Italian sub from Lil Pickle (Costa Mesa, CA). Probably a few more I'm forgetting, but the Italian sausage at Frank's is pretty much what I'll request on my death bed. I should have had my Dad go get me one and freeze/bring it with them on him and my Mom's trip out here this weekend. :wacko:

I don't know how I could forget this. The Genoa Salami and Cheese sandwich from Primanti Brothers in Pittsburgh.

Lexington BBQ - Lexington, NC - large tray and hush puppies

:wacko:

Nags Head NC - Owens, the seafood platter (excluding the nasty coconut shrimp). Also same platter at what used to be called RVs near the bridge to Manteo, forget its name now

Richmond VA - Great Wall - local Chinese place, They've actually gone down a notch, but still good (and OK cheap) - the Hunan Chicken is the one I keep going back to

Harrisburg PA - Veal Parmigiana at the Progress Grill

Tucson AZ - Been a long time but I wonder if Pinnacle Peaks Steak House (pick a steak any steak) is still great-?

St Louis MO - Antipasto @ Macaroni Grill (yeah I know it's a chain but that's the only one I've been to)

Shrevesport LA (sp) - 2 great places but don't recall names - one was something like Rocko Kookoos? Cajun place. Turtle soup and alligator were great. The other was a little Italian place that if you're coming out of the main gate at Barksdale, took a right at first main road and it was just down the road a few miles. Had a sweet sauce I've yet to see duplicated.

Edited by BeeR

:wacko:

Shrevesport LA (sp) - 2 great places but don't recall names - one was something like Rocko Kookoos? Cajun place. Turtle soup and alligator were great. The other was a little Italian place that if you're coming out of the main gate at Barksdale, took a right at first main road and it was just down the road a few miles. Had a sweet sauce I've yet to see duplicated.

Sounds like Monjuni's, they put sugar in their sauce. There was one here in Longview but they got shut down for several reasons.

Ralph and Kackoos actually is a chain (but did start in Shreveport, I believe) and there are probably a dozen other places in Shreveport that you would prefer, if desiring fresh seafood.

Shreveport is filled with many locally owned & unique resturaunts and seems to be a city that takes pride in their food.

yeah, definitely sounds like monjuni's (and ralph and kakoo's). haven't been back there in quite some time, since my granny got alzheimers and moved to san antonio with my aunt :wacko:, but one of my favorites there was a mexican joint really close to granny's house called tacomania. and a breakfast joint across from centenary college, can't remember the name.

Edited by Azazello1313

Sounds like Monjuni's, they put sugar in their sauce. There was one here in Longview but they got shut down for several reasons.
Wish I could recall - it was in some little sort of newer/nicer strip mall thing I think. Small even cramped little place.

Ralph and Kackoos actually is a chain
OK thx. I'm sure there are other better places but for a rookie it was good.

Duck St. Phillipe at Irene's Cuisine in the French Quarter - Half duck roasted until the skin is crispy and then glazed with a raspberry reduction. There are 10 other fantastic-looking entrees I'd like to try, but I can never get off the duck. If I'm ever sentenced to death, this would be my last meal.

Guess we can put this kinda spin on things.... I used to stay in Vero Beach once just about every month a couple years ago, and would always stay at the same digs (a Holiday Inn right on the water). Right next door was another hotel/apartment deal, and it had a little bar/lounge/restaurant deal called Bobby's. Guess they are pretty well-known for their prime rib and a few other meats. But I would always get the prime rib sandwich, which was basically Heaven on a freshly-baked French roll. Holy crapola. Thin-sliced prime rib and melted Provolone cheese. There are several things I miss about monthly work travel, and this is at or near the top of the list, for sure.

Pad Thai from Noodles of the World - The Borgata, Atlantic City, NJ

Rack of ribs from Central BBQ - Memphis, TN

The Woody Allen - Carnegie Deli, NYC

Fried bacon wrapped dates - Jaleo, Washington DC

Dungeness crab with garlic and old bay - The Blue Claw, Burlington, NJ

Wish I could recall - it was in some little sort of newer/nicer strip mall thing I think. Small even cramped little place.

OK thx. I'm sure there are other better places but for a rookie it was good.

Ernests Supper Club used to be the bomb in Shreveport for fresh seafood, but it has been awhile since I have been there.

The town is loaded with great oyster bars.

Divey little place called Jose's Courtyard in La Jolla Ca. serves a great Machaca burrito. You can find it across from the La Valencia Hotel on Prospect Ave.

Edited by boltnlava

There was a pretty famous place in Hoboken called The Clam broth house that has been closed for a while. They made a portebello mushroom in pollenta sp? that was out of this world

We tried a mom and pop, $5 lunch special joint about a mile from the new house called Pasta China. Half Italian, half Chinese. Most of the dishes ran from pretty bad to meh. But they make something called a Firecracker Eggroll. It's a jalapeno popper and some chopped chicken inside an egg roll. It's $1, and I swear it's maybe the best thing I've eaten since we moved. Unreal good.