[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So our town had a drug roundup

Mark5

As I'm leaving for work this morning at 6:45 I see two patrol cars pull up next door and go to the front door so I kinda mull around in my truck for a few minutes being the kind neighbor that I am and they just walk in the front door.. I'm thinking MAYBE a family disturbance, I go back in the house and tell my wife to keep an eye out and by the time I walk back out the SWAT team was on site (vest, helmets, REALLY BIG GUNS) so I yell TERRORIST !!!! and then "HE LOVES OBAMACARE" !!! OK, those two didn't happen :wacko: but later in the day we find out they were doing the drug roundup.. We have talked to them a few times since they moved in 3-4 months back and were just a normal nice family like our whole neighborhood is.. Even back in the day when we knew ALOT of the names in the paper on these roundups I can't say the people were BAD they were just out to make a little extra quick cash..

Anybody ever been next to a takedown in here? This one was pretty mild I'm sure by the defining standard you see on COPS

When I was 18 or 19 years old something very much like you describe happened to my next door neighbor. I lived in an apartment in a questionable part of town but my street seemed to be filled with good hard working people. The guy next door was the only one I did not know of to go to a job each day. Ended up he was cooking up some killer meth and the had a friggen hazmat team along with SWAT and about 25 of every other kind of emergency this or that attack the place at about 8am. I swear I thought they were coming from me as I was doing some car scrapping and I had picked up two cars the day before from a guy that was quite questionable. I thought I was going down for steeling junk cars. :wacko:

I had a takedown happen in the parking lot of where I work. We had a car on the lot with a flat tire. The cops showed up when we opened to tell us that the car had been used in a robbery the night before. So the cops were all around the shop parked in unmarked vehicles. A guy & two girls show up to get the tire fixed & when they leave to go get the car, the cops swoop, guns drawn. Our other customers are just watching this happen in the middle of the parking lot. Apparently, the dude used his girlfriend's car without her knowing the night before. Another time, they stormed the apartment complex across the street to arrest some guy who'd murdered some women & threw her body in the Ohio River.

He welched on a bet with me and Wegie and then disappeared.

Now there's a shocker. I'd be willing to bet that the wager was not legitimate and you and your goon friend (midget) wiegie ostracized a fine member of this community and should be held accountable.

When I was going to college in Austin I had an apartment and it was the sort where my front door was right next to my neighbors front door. We go out drinking one night when a couple of high school friends showed up and spent the night crashed at my place. So at 6 AM, we had been home for maybe 3 or 4 hours tops and were still plenty drunk. And we wake when there is a tremendous bashing noise that shakes the apartment and police are screaming to put your hands up and all. My room mate is sitting up in his bed with his arms raised up while the two guys crashed on the couch are suddenly up and literally running into each other with a frisbee that may have held something slightly illegal in it (30 years ago mind you). One of them runs for the toilet and throws it in when I realize whatever is happening is going on next door.

When you are extremely tired and still drunk, that is a mind bender.

The cops took a sledge hammer to the doorknob next door and the guy inside was asleep in his easy chair. He said the door knob flew all the way to the back of his apartment and woke him up when it hit his chair. We're next door peeking out the window at a dozen cops. They end up taking out a huge trash bag of Josh Gordon and arrested him for being a dealer. He was back at his place a few days later when he told me what happened. And then he asked if I wanted to get high. "Yeah, gonna have to pass on that one amigo".

Pretty funny in hindsight. Especially my room mate sitting up in his bed drunk holding his hands up.

When I was going to college in Austin I had an apartment and it was the sort where my front door was right next to my neighbors front door. We go out drinking one night when a couple of high school friends showed up and spent the night crashed at my place. So at 6 AM, we had been home for maybe 3 or 4 hours tops and were still plenty drunk. And we wake when there is a tremendous bashing noise that shakes the apartment and police are screaming to put your hands up and all. My room mate is sitting up in his bed with his arms raised up while the two guys crashed on the couch are suddenly up and literally running into each other with a frisbee that may have held something slightly illegal in it (30 years ago mind you). One of them runs for the toilet and throws it in when I realize whatever is happening is going on next door.

When you are extremely tired and still drunk, that is a mind bender.

The cops took a sledge hammer to the doorknob next door and the guy inside was asleep in his easy chair. He said the door knob flew all the way to the back of his apartment and woke him up when it hit his chair. We're next door peeking out the window at a dozen cops. They end up taking out a huge trash bag of Josh Gordon and arrested him for being a dealer. He was back at his place a few days later when he told me what happened. And then he asked if I wanted to get high. "Yeah, gonna have to pass on that one amigo".

Pretty funny in hindsight. Especially my room mate sitting up in his bed drunk holding his hands up.

:wacko:

A few years ago I was about 2 hours from being killed in an explosion of a meth house.

We were rehabbing a home, and this guy next door was cooking up meth (allegedly). Anyway, we were working on the side of the house nearest his house doing painting, windows, etc. The distance between houses was about 15 feet.

Get a call from my boss about 7:00 in the morning right before I was heading that way to keep working. The guy next door freaked out and was in his basement with a chainsaw cutting up gas cans. He ended up blowing up the house. Completely. Pushed the wall of the house we were working on in about 12".

I would have been on a ladder on that wall that morning.

Wow, sounds like you guys live in some questionable areas. I've never lived anywhere where there was much police/drug activity.

:wacko:

+1

Except in college 1 year where I lived in a very low income and questionable apartment complex but it was too close to campus for anything too illicit to occur.

+1

Except in college 1 year where I lived in a very low income and questionable apartment complex but it was too close to campus for anything too illicit to occur.

Need to get that sarcasm meter fixed.

When we first got married, me and my wife lived in a rat hole apartment. I still had a two semesters left in school, and she was supporting us on a first year teachers salary. It was all we could afford. We lived on the second floor. The guy across the breezeway was on house arrest, and there was a drug dealer living directly below us. I was leaving early one morning for my commute to school, and opened the door and saw a bunch of people in flat jackets and helmets. They waved me back inside, and busted the guy down stairs.