[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Day with Dad tomorrow

whomper

My bro was able to get a replacement so we are all set for today. Weather is a little shaky but I have a feeling this is going to be better anyway because like Sunday Couch Potatoe said, Felix shut the yanks down yesterday. No runs and only 2 hits. Lets hope they win today and provide some action as the weather holds up

Yesterday was great anyway. My mom made plans, since she thought the game was Saturday, to take a well deserved spa day with her friend so I spent the day alone with my dad. We went to his favorite Italian/Seafood restaurant for lunch. He hasn't been there is over a year. The owner was so happy to see him. They normally dont open the dining room until 5 on Saturdays and people just eat at the bar but he made an exception for us since my dads chair is too low to eat at the bar. He opened the dining room and we had it all to ourselves. The guy treated my dad very well and I was very impressed with how this guy took care of a loyal customer that he likes. My mom and Dad used to go in there all the time. WE had a great day and if the weather cooperates Today is going to be awesome.

Edited by whomper

My bro was able to get a replacement so we are all set for today. Weather is a little shaky but I have a feeling this is going to be better anyway because like Sunday Couch Potatoe said, Felix shut the yanks down yesterday. No runs and only 2 hits. Lets hope they win today and provide some action as the weather holds up

Yesterday was great anyway. My mom made plans since she thouight the game was Saturday to take a well deserved spa day with her firend so I spent the day alone with my dad. We went to his favorite Italian/Seafood restaurant for lunch. He hasnt been there is over a year. The owner was so happy to see him. They normally dont open the dining room until 5 on Saturdays and people just eat at the bar but he made an exception for us since my dads chair is too low to eat at the bar. He opened the dining room and we had it all to ourselves. The guy treated my dad very well and I was very impressed with how this guy took care of a loyal customer that he likes. My mom and Dad used to go in there all the time. WE had a great day and if the weather cooperates Today is going to be awesome.

Goodtimes :clap:

We had an absolute blast. It really ended up that Sunday was the better game. The Yankees won and the weather held up just fine. The handicapped accomodations are unbelievable. Its almost like having a whole section to yourself. My dads wheelchair was his chair and my brother and I got folding chairs. The section is right abover the field level seats and its covered so that hot sun wasnt blazing down on us and we had a decent periodic breeze. The next nearest person next to me was about 10 feet away. It was the most comfortable I have ever been at a sporting event.

The Yankess played great. They had a lot of hits and my dad asked for a dinger and Raul Ibanez delivered a scud. It honestly felt like being at an event with one of my kids. I spent half the game watching him and he just had a look of amazement on his face. The past year he has had a fair amount of times where he gets out of the house but nothing to this extent. The stimulation must have been unreal for him. He just soaked it all in. The Hallmark moment of the day was when he turned to my bro and I with tears in his eyes and said "I cant believe I am here".

Our view from our seats

A happy fan

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1