[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell = Lis Franc - ish

DMD

Well now, what to make of the Pit RB situation going forward? Out of Dwyer, Redman & Jones, one has to emerge and provide some semblance of value over the next 6+ weeks. Regardless of O-line issues and their week 1 flat tire, this is the Steelers and they will find a way to score.

Or is Pit toast?

I have to say, it really is a bunch of BS that the teams are allowed to basically lie in their injury reports. If the guy is out for 6 weeks and they listed him as questionable in week 2, there should be fines handed out.

That's just media bluster trying to report something, don't blame that crap on teams. Official injury reports come out on Friday. Anything up until that is speculation.

coach Mike Tomlin offered no update of any kind in his Tuesday news conference.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

I don't know about Thursday games though, if there's an earlier deadline or not.

I am also alluding to the McFadden and MJD injuries of the recent past as well. Their teams listed them as questionable and/or doubtful for weeks on end, all the while knowing that they had the dreaded Lis Franc injury and then after many weeks of lying in their injury reports, the real news finally came out. The Raiders never copped to DMC's injury until the end of the regular season and the Jags finally put MJD on IR late in the season. What is even the point of having an injury report if teams have that much leeway to report whatever in the hell they want?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it indeed, Henry? Because you didn't do your homework on Bell and got caught up in the combine craze on him? If he was anything other than a bye week option for your FF team, you misjudged his ability badly. Your winning $100K doesn't change that.

How about that Bell today pretty good huh

• Like 1

How about that Bell today pretty good huh

Really? You really want to do this? I'll be happy to accommodate. You think he'll have 2 rushing TDs every week , because his ypc was way below the Mendoza line against a bottom third run D.

Enjoy this week. I'll make sure to look for your post here next week. Let's see how he looks against the #6 NYJ run D. If he can stay healthy enough to get on the field that is.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I will say that his 20 total touches (4 receptions) 84 total yards and 2 TDs does give plenty of reason for optimism here. Sure, he won't face cream puff defenses every week but it was still a solid start coming off an injury that folks thought would take longer to heel. I liked seeing that he was active in the passing game. With how bad the Steelers have looked this season, he has certainly given them a spark and some hope along with his fantasy owners.

I would agree - I was glad to see him used as a receiver four times in his first game. Plus no one else had more than two carries so whatever there is to get will be his.

I would agree - I was glad to see him used as a receiver four times in his first game. Plus no one else had more than two carries so whatever there is to get will be his.

The most promising part was his game was where Ben dumped the ball off to him and he ran in open space....he looked like he could have turned any play into a big gain....I am on the fence still because I realize how good this Vikings D can make someone look...

• 1 month later...

Man that Bell is worthless has no fantasy value at all. You sure nailed that one.

Been waiting a while to see this. Justly earned and richly deserved.

The pendulum may swing again, but for now - well played sir. Well played.

I thought the pink penalty flag were for players complaining to the ref to throw a flag, likely for pass interference.

Correct sir.

If there were a thread resurrection penalty, we would run out of crap to talk about.

Is it indeed, Henry? Because you didn't do your homework on Bell and got caught up in the combine craze on him? If he was anything other than a bye week option for your FF team, you misjudged his ability badly. Your winning $100K doesn't change that.

Bell is a legitimate starter for most fantasy teams this year. He hasn't put up consistent stud numbers, but he's more than just bye week fodder.

Bell is a legitimate starter for most fantasy teams this year. He hasn't put up consistent stud numbers, but he's more than just bye week fodder.

He's a startable mid-range RB2 lumped in with a bunch of other guys in that range. Hardly a difference maker, but adequate to fill out a lineup in start 2 RB league. You could get roughly the same production from Thomas, Tolbert, or Starks the past few weeks and those guys are pretty much WW fodder 4 to 5 weeks ago

Not sure where the vindication is. His stats are mediocre.

Edited by Bronco Billy

He's a startable mid-range RB2 lumped in with a bunch of other guys in that range. Hardly a difference maker, but adequate to fill out a lineup in start 2 RB league. You could get roughly the same production from Thomas, Tolbert, or Starks the past few weeks and those guys are pretty much WW fodder 4 to 5 weeks ago

Not sure where the vindication is. His stats are mediocre.

Actually, his numbers aren't altogether mediocre. In 12-16 team leagues, for the 5 weeks that Bell has posted stats, he is a #1 RB based on the numbers he's put up on average compared to the rest of the league. Sure, he has only 77.9 pts on the year but when averaging out those numbers for 5 weeks played, he's averaging 15.58 pts per week, which ranks 11th right behind Woodhead and the obvious studs of the league. Therefore, at this point in the season, he's a low-end #1 and very high-end #2 and has shown that he can be rather consistent while posting a big game from time to time as he did against the Vikings. Sure, he hasn't broken 100 yards rushing yet but he's very active in the passing game averaging about 5 targets per game, 3 receptions and 30 yards. That's an extra 6 pts on top of whatever rushing totals he has. His total yards per game have seemed like a 1 on, 1 off kinda deal but again his receptions and TDs have helped make him more valuable.

Total yards/stats per game

Week 4 - 84 yards 2 TDs 4 rec (20 total touches) = 24.4 pts

Week 6 - (@ Jets) - 56 yards 3 rec (19 total touches) = 8.6 pts

Week 7 - 99 yards 1 rec (20 total touches) = 10.9 pts

Week 8 - 51 yards 1 TD 5 rec (18 total touches) = 16.1 pts

Week 9 - 139 yards 4 rec (20 total touches) = 17.9 pts

4 out of 5 games were double figures, with 2 in the higher teens and one mid-20-pt game. He's also consistently averaging about 20 touches per game which I know, most fantasy owners would love to have their weekly RBs getting.

Now again, he's averaging per game played as much as the #1 RBs in the league but he's lower end and I'd rather him as my #2 with upside.

Oh and he's in for another Top 10 finish at the RB position again this weekend. Little more than mediocre, wouldn't you say?

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Most people have Bernard rising into a higher tier. Bell has out performed him over their last 5 games (since Bell returned), but Bell remains a middling value. Yes, cherry-picking the last 5 games as a trend, deal with it - Gio = 214/145/3 ; Bell = 282/147/3.

Edited by Riffraff

Well, I don't know about your league scoring, but the past three weeks he's had a 13.3 ppw average, which puts him at RB17 and lumped in below guys like Woodhead, Ellington, and James and a hair above Thomas. I don 't see RB1 numbers there. Yeah - a big game against MIN has skewed the numbers, but week to week consistency I don 't see the RB1 numbers that many including Henry were counting on while pimping him as a SOD.

And unlike a lot of those guys in that grouping, Bell is his team's clear RB1 and is getting opportunities a lot of those other guys aren't. He looks to me like an average talent who can do fairly well against weak run Ds but is overall just a guy. Even his own team doesn't 't seem to consider him special - look at the touches he's getting as opposed to those the legit RB1s get.

I guess the leagues I play in must score differently.

Edited by Bronco Billy

TD Bell.....Yep my season was over before it began if I drafted that stiff...what an idiot I am. Took him in a dynasty draft at pick 7 after his injury and everyone was like wow you really reached there and what a bad pick...yep terrible!!!!!!!! He is actually my best RB with Foster, S-Jackson and Trent Richardson as my other backs...who knew ?