[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the Eagles

Busby

Imagine - Nick Foles was just a back-up quarterback and did not start until Week 15. And he just became the Super Bowl MVP. Not a bad couple of months for Foles!

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Imagine - Nick Foles was just a back-up quarterback and did not start until Week 15. And he just became the Super Bowl MVP. Not a bad couple of months for Foles!

I didn't think Foles would cut it on the big stage. I was wrong.

Congrats to Foles and the Eagles. They shocked a lot of people.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The thought of Cowboyz1 and Irish sucking there thumbs in the corner and rocking themselves to sleep to night is satisfactory enough! But being that I’m kind of a distant closet eagles fan as my teams never had a true rivalry with them and the only bad memory I have is the stomping by Randall Cunningham and company in 94 which I was at the game when young was pulled but that was exactly what that team needed to catapult them to the championship so I hate and love that game!! Plus I still own my Ricky Watters eagles jersey to this day!! Fly Eagles Fly Congrats Philly!! Rock out with your cock out tonight!!

Congrats Eagles fans.   Great game.   Enjoy the moment.    Watching pregame and they showed some 90 or 100 year old Eagles fan who only wanted to see a super bowl win before he died.   Reminded me of my grandfather with the redsox and it puts a smile on my face today that that Eagles fan gets his lifelong wish.   

• Like 2

Eagles coach has brass balls . One of the best coaching performances I have ever witnessed. Congrats Eagles fans. Big time season and that team showed giant heart after Wentz went down. A well earned SB win..Enjoy it

• Like 2

Best SB ever, well unless you like defense.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans, they beat the team that nobody thought could be beaten.

I think this is a good boost to the NFL after a year of declining ratings and talk of nobody but the Pats can win.

First time in years I actually watcned some of the trophy presentation, felt so good for the winners, almost like my own favorite team had won.

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Best SB ever, well unless you like defense.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans, they beat the team that nobody thought could be beaten.

I think this is a good boost to the NFL after a year of declining ratings and talk of nobody but the Pats can win.

First time in years I actually watcned some of the trophy presentation, felt so good for the winners, almost like my own favorite team had won.

This...congrats Eagles fans! I know how they felt when my hawks won their first one too, even more so for Eagles fans as they have waited even longer. Great game to watch as a football fan! 

15 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

You still Drunk Swamm? 

Just getting my body back today...Monday and Tuesday were very rough indeed. Still hard to believe it happened this year after losing such a major part of why we got there. Nick will forever have a place in Eagles' lore...and the cool part is, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. In fact, we were all talking, and there really isn't anyone on this team that isn't just plain likable. They have a blast together, are a fund group of guys to root for, and I think thats why so many fans from other cities got behind this team.

Pretty cool indeed.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, i_am_the_swammi said:

Just getting my body back today...Monday and Tuesday were very rough indeed. Still hard to believe it happened this year after losing such a major part of why we got there. Nick will forever have a place in Eagles' lore...and the cool part is, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. In fact, we were all talking, and there really isn't anyone on this team that isn't just plain likable. They have a blast together, are a fund group of guys to root for, and I think thats why so many fans from other cities got behind this team.

Pretty cool indeed.

Going to the parade?

I didn't when the Cavs won, but would for a Browns SB (if still alive and able to stand)

Edited by stevegrab
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Going to the parade?

I didn't when the Cavs won, but would for a Browns SB (if still alive and able to stand)

I am, along with an estimated 3 million other lunatics on a 30 degree windy day. Honestly, I wouldn't miss it for anything....I have literally been waiting all my life for it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, i_am_the_swammi said:

I am, along with an estimated 3 million other lunatics on a 30 degree windy day. Honestly, I wouldn't miss it for anything....I have literally been waiting all my life for it!

Are you worried about your safety at all? I know you live in Philly and know better than people who don’t but I’ve seen and read a lot of bad things about what happened after the Super Bowl. Plus I read there are 2 dozen bars along the parade route handing out free beer due to a bet made by one of the Eagles players. Just curious to know if any Philly fans are worried about how bad this parade could get?

Edited by Finn5033

2 hours ago, i_am_the_swammi said:

Good for you Swamm. Have a great time and don't get stomped. Happy for you even though you are still the enemy........:D

On 2/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, Finn5033 said:

Are you worried about your safety at all? I know you live in Philly and know better than people who don’t but I’ve seen and read a lot of bad things about what happened after the Super Bowl. Plus I read there are 2 dozen bars along the parade route handing out free beer due to a bet made by one of the Eagles players. Just curious to know if any Philly fans are worried about how bad this parade could get?

It was about as peaceful an event as one could imagine. Lots of drinking, smoking, reveling....about exactly what you would expect. But even those drinking were aware and considerate (for the most part) that many families with young children were shoulder-to-shoulder with them, and they were cool with it. I had my 12 and 14 year olds with me, and I would not hesitate one iota doing it again. The city and fans were spectacular!

Edited by i_am_the_swammi
typo

4 hours ago, i_am_the_swammi said:

It was about as peaceful an event as one could imagine. Lots of drinking, smoking, reveling....about exactly what you would expect. But even those drinking were aware and considerate (for the most part) that many families with young children were shoulder-to-shoulder with them, and they were cool with it. I had my 12 and 14 year olds with me, and I would not hesitate one iota doing it again. The city and fans were spectacular!

That's great news Swamm. Must have been an event for the ages. Now that it's over, I look forward to taking your crown next year. You are now the hunted. :D