[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 killed, 50 injured at new Batman movie

boltnlava

from the linked article

"Torrence Brown, Jr. was not shot, but his best friend died and Brown says he is suffering from extreme trauma,"

I don't agree with him suing, but it wasn't like he wasn't affected by the incident. I'd be traumatized too if I watched my best friend get shot and killed and feared for my own life during this incident.

Put bluntly, flk torence brown. He's suing the movie theater? Really? He's suing a doctor for prescribing medication? And he's suing the flkn movie studio?

Someone please explain how the movie theater, the prescribing physician, and the movie studio are at fault and then someone explain to me how this is not simply a pathetic money grab.

Thank goodness his trauma wasn't so overwhelming that it took him less than a week to hire an attorney. If the story is accurate as printed, torrence brown is a piece of schlit.

Don't you own a pitbull?

Now, there's a thought... What if everybody in there brought their pitbull to the movie. That dude would have been ripped to shreds.

Now, there's a thought... What if everybody in there brought their pitbull to the movie. That dude would have been ripped to shreds.

Along with a bunch of innocent people in the theater. Or would the pitbulls somehow know exactly who the evil guy was and ignore all the others?

And notice that a civilian was cc'ing and also didn't shoot the attacker.

And notice that this happened back in April, 3 months ago. But is now getting regurgitated by the media (presumably to show us that if more people could carry guns in more places that attacks could be stopped). Nevermind that a gun vs a knife is far different from a gun vs. gun (with the attacker in full body armor, tear gas burning, multiple weapons etc.)

Updated: 4/27 12:26 pm | Published: 4/26 8:20 pm

Reported by: Don Hudson

And notice that this happened back in April, 3 months ago. But is now getting regurgitated by the media (presumably to show us that if more people could carry guns in more places that attacks could be stopped). Nevermind that a gun vs a knife is far different from a gun vs. gun (with the attacker in full body armor, tear gas burning, multiple weapons etc.)

Which is why I now regret being one of the ones who used this case as an argument for or against gun control. It most likely wouldn't have made much of a difference in that case (though I think some overestimate the protection of a bullet-proof vest and other armor. It won't kill you, but I'm pretty sure you can still end up with broken ribs, and probably pretty easily knocked down with a few rounds in the right places), but that doesn't mean it would or wouldn't in many other cases.... So please, let's stop using this as a typical example, when it's anything but.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I soooooo do NOT agree with this.

The breed is naturally aggressive.

Not to mention I have a heard time believing some pitbull owner says "get the man with the gun" and nobody else is attacked. These are not highly trained dogs like those working in K-9 units.

Not to mention I have a heard time believing some pitbull owner says "get the man with the gun" and nobody else is attacked. These are not highly trained dogs like those working in K-9 units.

Actually, dogs are much more intuitive than you give them credit for. My old dog (RIP Rebel) actually took off after a car-thief one night, growling (something that was very uncharacteristic of him to chase someone, as he was very friendly and obedient. I wasn't sure what he was doing until we woke up the next day and found out the thief came back later to rob my roommate's car).

In another instance that I think I've mentioned here before, there was an altercation where my friend got sucker-punched by a guy, and as the melee was going on with ruckus with a bunch of people around, some swinging, he went straight for the guy who started it, growling and tugging at his clothing, and no doubt would have torn him up if I'd said "get him".

Kinda like how many dogs have pulled an owner to safety and things like that, don't underestimate a dog's ability to know what's going on and who has bad intentions. (Not saying it would have made a difference here, but I wouldn't definitively say it wouldn't. However, is still kind of a silly hypothetical).

Edited by delusions of grandeur