[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Perry - dynasty league

revhookem

It seems as though a lot of people are really high on Chris Perry. But will Cincy ever let Rudi go? It just seems to me that they may have a two-headed monster there for several years to come, letting Perry be the 3rd down and relief back, with Rudi as the main guy on the ground.

Edited by revhookem

So far, its been a thunder and lightning sort of deal, but without so much lightning.

The Bengals are in the smash-mouth North, Rudi is a fan fav, always gets positive yards, and is in year 2 of a 5 year contract.

I suspect the Bengals got Perry as insurance in case Rudi didn't pan out. He did, and now they have two #1 calibur RBs. Its a definate handcuff situation, but for this year and next I'd expect Rudi to be the man.

Perry is worth holding on to in dynasty leagues for sure. If I had to guess, he'll be the 2008 equivalent to the 2005 Lamont Jordan.... possibly earlier should Rudi suffer a serious injury.

Perry is good but at this point I don't think he is better than Rudi. They did however do a great job using Perry out of the backfield last year. He will have to do a lot and show a lot to unseat Rudi though. Rudi doesn't get talked about enough as one of the NFL's elite runningbacks. The idea that he goes somewhere else ala LaMont Jordan seems somewhat accurate.

Edited by Goopster24

Perry is god but at this point I don't think he is better than Rudi. They did however do a great job using Perry out of the backfield last year. He will have to do a lot and show a lot to unseat Rudi though. Rudi doesn't get talked about enough as one of the NFL's elite runningbacks. The idea that he goes somewhere else ala LaMont Jordan seems somewhat accurate.

1470108[/snapback]

Rudi is better than god?

So far, its been a thunder and lightning sort of deal, but without so much lightning. 

The Bengals are in the smash-mouth North, Rudi is a fan fav, always gets positive yards, and is in year 2 of a 5 year contract. 

I suspect the Bengals got Perry as insurance in case Rudi didn't pan out.  He did, and now they have two #1 calibur RBs.  Its a definate handcuff situation, but for this year and next I'd expect Rudi to be the man.

Perry is worth holding on to in dynasty leagues for sure.  If I had to guess, he'll be the 2008 equivalent to the 2005 Lamont Jordan.... possibly earlier should Rudi suffer a serious injury.

1470071[/snapback]

2004 Chris Perry was drafted in round 1, 26th overall. This was the year that Corey Dillon left Cinncy for NE. Yes Rudi did perform well late in 2003 but I don't think Cinncy was sold on this guy. He was drafted in round 4, 100th overall. Rudi has turned into a great value pick for that club, and I agree that he will continue to start for the near future.

The only way to really see what kind of talent Perry is, is to have Rudi go down with an injury. When I watch Perry, he seems on the small side to be an every down back in the NFL. But when I watch Rudi Johnson, he seems to lack the skills I would expect out of my starting tail-back.

If I were in Marv Lewis' shoes, I'd do my utmost to keep both guys on my roster. They can feed off each other, kind of like Jamal Lewis/Chester Taylor, or Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell did last season.

2004 Chris Perry was drafted in round 1, 26th overall. This was the year that Corey Dillon left Cinncy for NE. Yes Rudi did perform well late in 2003 but I don't think Cinncy was sold on this guy. He was drafted in round 4, 100th overall. Rudi has turned into a great value pick for that club, and I agree that he will continue to start for the near future.

The only way to really see what kind of talent Perry is, is to have Rudi go down with an injury. When I watch Perry, he seems on the small side to be an every down back in the NFL. But when I watch Rudi Johnson, he seems to lack the skills I would expect out of my starting tail-back.

If I were in Marv Lewis' shoes, I'd do my utmost to keep both guys on my roster. They can feed off each other, kind of like Jamal Lewis/Chester Taylor, or Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell did last season.

1470383[/snapback]

I agree with this..

Rudi is a power-type back who gets the tough yards

Perry is the playmaker who can take it all the way on any play...

Holmes MRI is still negetive.

1473235[/snapback]

Huh?... :D

This thread has now included references to the deification of Rudi, the questioning of his knee (of which I know no basis - more info on that please), and now this vague statement about Holmes. Holmes? Are you talking about Priest? What does that have to do with the situation in Cincy? Are you assuming, that since we have now discovered that Rudi is a god, he'll need a Priest to fill his shoes?

Huh?... :D

This thread has now included references to the deification of Rudi, the questioning of his knee (of which I know no basis - more info on that please), and now this vague statement about Holmes.  Holmes?  Are you talking about Priest?  What does that have to do with the situation in Cincy?  Are you assuming, that since we have now discovered that Rudi is a god, he'll need a Priest to fill his shoes?

1473470[/snapback]

:D 2 (3?) years ago, Priest had a knee injury and there were about 100 panicy threads about it. Its now a long-time Huddle joke response to reference Holmes and his MRI - especially when an injury concern probablly shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Thus, my response indicates that I think Rudi's knee is a non-factor. He played all year on it, and had some offseason surgery in Feb to clear it out, but its not an ACL or anything. He should be fine.

:D  2 (3?) years ago, Priest had a knee injury and there were about 100 panicy threads about it.  Its now a long-time Huddle joke response to reference Holmes and his MRI - especially when an injury concern probablly shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Thus, my response indicates that I think Rudi's knee is a non-factor.  He played all year on it, and had some offseason surgery in Feb to clear it out, but its not an ACL or anything.  He should be fine.

1473498[/snapback]

Aaahhh... now I get it. :D

:D  2 (3?) years ago, Priest had a knee injury and there were about 100 panicy threads about it.  Its now a long-time Huddle joke response to reference Holmes and his MRI - especially when an injury concern probablly shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Thus, my response indicates that I think Rudi's knee is a non-factor.  He played all year on it, and had some offseason surgery in Feb to clear it out, but its not an ACL or anything.  He should be fine.

1473498[/snapback]

Feb - May is an awfully long time to recover from something that minor. :D

I'm torn on Perry...isn't he starting to get a rep as a guy who either

a. gets hurt more than the average bear

b. doesn't have the tolerance for the pain

I think Perry's value is overstated right now.

I think Perry's value is overstated right now.

1476923[/snapback]

His injury bug is my only concern. If he can beat that, he has stud written all over him.

This is going out on a ledge, but I'll do it anyway (just like I did with LJ before last season).

Perry is a first round talent and is every bit the running back that Larry Johnson is. LJ was in the doghouse year 1. so was Perry. The Cheifs are an offensive powerhouse. So are the Bengals.

There are lots of parallels between their circumstances. Obviously the Bengals runner is not going to approach the Cheifs runner in terms of production, but I think there is enough offense there to match just about any other team in the league. Look at what Rudi Johnson can do there? (And I do not believe Rudi is that special a runner -- he is good, but he is not the talent that Perry is).

I thought going into last season that LJ was the "perfect storm" for fantasy, and it turned out right. Perry is the next closest thing I see. The catch is that he does not have an old, injury-riddled guy ahead of him, but a younger and reliable runner in Rudi. That will make it tougher, but I do believe that if (or when) Perry gets his shot, and if he can stay healthy ... watch out ...

1476923[/snapback]

Well, some might, but I'm not sure that's fair. His rookie year, he played with a sports hernia for a good portion of the year. Same thing McNabb was playing with last year. So, I think that's where a lot of it comes from.

His injury bug is my only concern.  If he can beat that, he has stud written all over him.

This is going out on a ledge, but I'll do it anyway (just like I did with LJ before last season).

Perry is a first round talent and is every bit the running back that Larry Johnson is.  LJ was in the doghouse year 1.  so was Perry.  The Cheifs are an offensive powerhouse.  So are the Bengals. 

There are lots of parallels between their circumstances.  Obviously the Bengals runner is not going to approach the Cheifs runner in terms of production, but I think there is enough offense there to match just about any other team in the league.  Look at what Rudi Johnson can do there? (And I do not believe Rudi is that special a runner -- he is good, but he is not the talent that Perry is).

I thought going into last season that LJ was the "perfect storm" for fantasy, and it turned out right.  Perry is the next closest thing I see.  The catch is that he does not have an old, injury-riddled guy ahead of him, but a younger and reliable runner in Rudi.  That will make it tougher, but I do believe that if (or when) Perry gets his shot, and if he can stay healthy ... watch out ...

1476976[/snapback]

I'll buy into most of that I guess.

The other key to me is that it is not a given that Perry will be in that Bengal Offense when he hits Free Agency. Rudi isn't exactly old and brittle.

I'd put Perry at a 66% chance to hit it big.

33% he stays with the Bengals and takes over the number 1

33% he goes to another great offensive team as the #1

33% he gets stuck going to a poorer offensive team as the #1

1% he'll always be a backup.