[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Lions vs Minnesota Vikings

skylive5

Think it through before replying please.

With the recent events do the Lions have a realistic chance of beating the Vikings?

The run D of the Vikings has taken a big hit for sure. However, they still have an O and still have Peterson to run havoc on a suspect (at the very least) Lions D.

The Lions have nothing. Or darn near nothing.

Do the odds drop to where this is a pick-em game?

I don't think so.

The Lions will not be able to stop Peterson or Taylor. I see a couple of long balls to Berrian in the mix. I'm willing to bet that we see at least 1 TD from him where he is ridiculously wide open.

Throw in Culpepper's turnovers, and the Lions are done.

:wacko:

I believe this game is currently off the books, but if anything, I think the suspensions make this game more likely to go over on the total. Minnesota should score against Detroit, and their defense is less likely to make it an easy victory. I see a high-scoring game, where both teams are able to run the ball for big chunks at a time.

As far as who wins, let me put it this way... I was a little bit worried about the Vikes before the suspensions. Lions have upset them in Detroit many times before, and the Vikings have never (at least not in recent years) responded well to being in first place in the division. Not to mention, we beat them by two the first time (in MN), with the deciding factor being the play where Orlovsky ran five yards out of the end zone without even realizing it. In other words, without that bone-headed play, the Vikings very well may have given the Lions their first win weeks ago.

That said, I think Minnesota has played their best ball of the year, by far, the past three weeks. They held off the Pack in a game where Frerotte did everything within his power to give it away to GB, then made two games that everyone thought were pick 'em games look like no contests, in their favor. So, it will really come down to how the team performs with the Williams boys missing. I know that is pretty much stating the obvious, but what I mean is this... Even without Kevin and Pat, Minnesota is clearly the more talented team. But, will the fact that they're missing get into the rest of the team's heads, and in essence make them believe that it's a pick 'em game? Or, do they simply play to their potential and win this game by 10, which they should?

My heart says they win it anyway... they're the better team, improving and gaining confidence each week. My head says that we Vikings fans suffer a letdown like we are so used to, and the Lions win 27-23. My final thought is this... If Frerotte can manage the game without making any drastic mistakes, I think MN wins. If, however, the Lions defense is able to turn a MN turnover into points, I think it might be too much for MN to overcome, given the fact that they'll have a hard enough time stopping Smith, Johnson, and the rest of the Lions offense (I can't believe I just typed that). :wacko:

Going to be a very interesting game. Very interesting. Not sure that the Lions can come up with a 4 years ago Culpepper...but if they do.... then the Vikings are toast. But try as I might... I cannot see the Vikings losing this game. I want to be on the Lions side... but.....

Agree with Gopher that it will be high scoring.....but the Vikings will score the most. Or at least I think they will. Maybe. :wacko:

The Lions do have a chance. Not a good one, but do have a better one than last week. The Lions secondary is very porous and their run D is not good so I don't expect a Lions win but you never know.

Hopefully Childress over-coaches to compensate for the Williams boys being out.

If this game were a couple of weeks ago, the Lions would have a chance. They were still playing teams tough and keeping the scores relatively close. The wheels fell off that wagon awhile ago. The team has quit and stopped playing. The only way the Lions win is if the Vikes give them a gift and open it for them.

If this game were a couple of weeks ago, the Lions would have a chance. They were still playing teams tough and keeping the scores relatively close. The wheels fell off that wagon awhile ago. The team has quit and stopped playing. The only way the Lions win is if the Vikes give them a gift and open it for them.

Okay..who stole Egret's pw? :wacko:

Even with the suspensions the Vikings will still be playing with eleven on defense not nine.

The best defense is a good offense.

I don't think it will matter the Vikings will win.

Well that seals the deal. Thanks jack I know which way to pick now. :wacko:

Sorry Detroit. You might have had a chance..... but jack ended that.

It won't matter becuase the Lions OL and RB dont scare anyone. The Vikes can double Calvin Johnson and put the rest of the team in the box to stop the run and knock around heavy legged Cpep.

And then the D can look over to the sidelines and see all the Lions players sitting down on the bench - not standing to root on their team --because they don't care anymore.

The Lions do have a chance. Not a good one, but do have a better one than last week. The Lions secondary is very porous and their run D is not good so I don't expect a Lions win but you never know.

Hopefully Childress over-coaches to compensate for the Williams boys being out.

Childress over-coaching is an oxymoron!

Think it through before replying please.

With the recent events do the Lions have a realistic chance of beating the Vikings?

Not even close. Remaining teams are all too well aware (along w/the rest of the world) of this and not wanting to be the team that loses to them and will not let down. 0-16 is in the bank like Circuit City stock.

This is the Vikings we're talking about. Even without the suspensions, the Lions have a chance.

+1

That's what I'm saying. The Vikings are most effective at doing one thing and one thing only... Playing to the level of their competition. They have a knack for turning their fans into believers against the tough teams, and then smacking them back into reality against the worst teams in the league. I was nervous for this game before today's announcement. Now, I have to admit that I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Vikings win by more than a FG on Sunday.