[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Williams projected stats--

Seahawks21

Did Seahawks37 switch places with Seahawks21?  That can be the only explanation for this type of shenanigans.

916214[/snapback]

i was thinking the same thing. it's almost scary except 21 usually backs some thing up, where 37 usually just blurts stuff out and then calls people homofags if they disagree. but the resemblence in this thread is a bit disturbing.

Reggie Williams would take 1/2 that and be thrilled.  Lee Evans will be closer to that with the rookie QB.

916360[/snapback]

You mean for his career? :D

I got the NFL direct ticket last season basically to watch Reggie Williams play. I didn't even recognize him, it was like he wasn't even the same guy. He looked sluggish and discombobulated. If the reports out of camp are true, and he's starting to get some confidence, watch out!! He may not be ready for a big year just yet, but he's gonna make some big plays and turn some heads this year, plays that a lot of people doubt at this point he is capable of making. He won't be a bust, he's too darn special.

Edited by Seahawks21

I got the NFL direct ticket last season basically to watch Reggie Williams play.  I didn't even recognize him, it was like he wasn't even the same guy.  He looked sluggish and discombobulated.  If the reports out of camp are true, and he's starting to get some confidence, watch out!!  He may not be ready for a big year just yet, but he's gonna make some big plays and turn some heads this year, plays that a lot of people doubt at this point he is capable of making.  He won't be a bust, he's too darn special.

923077[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Please stop now. I cannot take anymore.

I got the NFL direct ticket last season basically to watch Reggie Williams play.  I didn't even recognize him, it was like he wasn't even the same guy.  He looked sluggish and discombobulated.  If the reports out of camp are true, and he's starting to get some confidence, watch out!!  He may not be ready for a big year just yet, but he's gonna make some big plays and turn some heads this year, plays that a lot of people doubt at this point he is capable of making.  He won't be a bust, he's too darn special.

923077[/snapback]

reggie jr????? is that you????

Reggie will do great this year. New deep passing game will help. He will have 1000 & 7. I will call all of you out on these boards and make you eat your words for doubting a very talented wr who had a bad rookie year. Think about all the good WR's who had great rookie years. Not too many. I am sure some geek(s) will list like 10 but for every 10 there are 20 Javon Walkers who take that 3 year span to deliver. You will see. And yes geeks, I am his cousin.

Reggie will do great this year. New deep passing game will help. He will have 1000 & 7. I will call all of you out on these boards and make you eat your words for doubting a very talented wr who had a bad rookie year. Think about all the good WR's who had great rookie years. Not too many. I am sure some geek(s) will list like 10 but for every 10 there are 20 Javon Walkers who take that 3 year span to deliver. You will see. And yes geeks, I am his cousin.

923449[/snapback]

awesome.

listen, that's great. if he's your cousin and you want to come on hear and throw around a projection of 1000 & 7, wonderful, good for you.

this thread blew up because 21 made the projection of 1600 & 15 all while only catches 60 balls. we are seriously all still trying to figure out if this is some kind of joke.

and the reason is because he was so hyped up last year and did squat. sure, rookies can struggle, but nobody is going to put him in the top 25 based on hype alone.

Reggie was a bust last yr and this yr will be no different.  The kid is a joke, and is well on his way to being the next David Terrell.

914034[/snapback]

Good info here

i was thinking the same thing.  it's almost scary except 21 usually backs some thing up, where 37 usually just blurts stuff out and then calls people homofags if they disagree.  but the resemblence in this thread is a bit disturbing.

916333[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing.

A couple interesting stories on Reggie

Link Here

Jaguars Receiver Reggie Williams Confident

By MARK LONG

AP Sports Writer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Reggie Williams caught the ball in the end zone, flipped it to the ground and then playfully wrapped his arms and legs around the goal post.

His touchdown celebration Wednesday might not have been as dramatic as some by Terrell Owens, Randy Moss or Joe Horn, but it was a welcome sight for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

After struggling as a rookie last season, Williams is having fun again and feeling more confident than ever.

"I feel free," said Williams, the ninth overall pick in last year's draft. "It just takes time sometimes."

Williams caught 27 passes for 268 yards and one touchdown last season despite starting 15 games. It was hardly what the Jags expected when they drafted him to be another deep threat for quarterback Byron Leftwich, and eventually replace Jimmy Smith as the team's No. 1 receiver.

Instead of finding the end zone, Williams spent the better part of the year trying to get acclimated to a new city, a new offense and life in the NFL.

"I didn't know what I was doing last year," he said. "I was studying the playbook like crazy, having a cheat sheet and doing everything I could to figure out what we were doing. Now it all comes natural. It's much more fun this way."

Not for defenders.

After dropping about 10 pounds during the offseason, adding muscle to his 6-foot-4 frame and increasing his quickness, Williams was the star of minicamp in April. He showed even more promise during team drills this summer, running past defenders and making circus catches over them.

But his touchdown dance Wednesday was something new.

"I loved it," Leftwich said. "I hope he dances about 15 times this year. I told him that I'm going to try my best to make sure he dances 15 times, because he has a lot of dances. Reggie is real confident right now. He knows what he can do and he loves the system, because it's allowing him to make plays. As a receiver, that's all you can ask for."

As lost as Williams might have felt in Bill Musgrave's offense a year ago, he feels equally comfortable under first-year coordinator Carl Smith.

"When you work hard, you've got to feel confident, because you put in the work and the effort and you know you've gotten better," Williams said.

How confident?

"I want to get across the water; I want to get to the Pro Bowl," he said. "I've got to make it sometime, so why not this year?"

Williams certainly didn't have such lofty goals last season. In fact, some believe his disappointing season prompted the Jaguars to draft quarterback-turned-receiver Matt Jones in the first round. Team officials, though, insist they took the best player available, and even though Jones was considered a risky pick, he had too much potential to pass up.

"Matt is a great athlete, and I'm for anything we can do on offense to help our team win," Williams said. "He can definitely make plays down the field. Whatever it takes to win is what I'm here to do."

Jacksonville's success this season may hinge on the offense, a unit that ranked last in the AFC and 29th in the league in scoring a year ago. And the offense's success may depend on Williams.

"For the most part, he has really devoted himself to being a special player for using and having a great year," coach Jack Del Rio said. "We want to take advantage of what guys are capable of and put them in positions to make plays. I think you've seen early in camp here that he is poised to have an excellent year for us."

Here's another one off ultimatejaguars from a couple days ago

As far as great catches go, it was a matter of take your pick as far as Reggie Williams was concerned Wednesday afternoon. Although Williams made two tough grabs for touchdowns early in the 75-minute workout, his best moment might have been just before practice ended when he used his strength to fight off Kiwaukee Thomas in traffic for a first down in 11-on-11 drills.

Another from jacksonville.com a week or so ago

Reggie Williams is catching passes this summer as if last season never

The Jaguars' first-round pick one year ago endured a disappointing rookie season but has bounced back as the star of training camp with long touchdown catches in every practice.

Wednesday wasn't any different as Williams hauled in scoring passes of more than 20 yards at least twice in morning team drills. The former University of Washington standout's trademark so far has been splitting two defenders for touchdowns on deep post routes.

Talk is cheap this time of year, but everything out there points toward Reggie "getting it."

Obviously, Seahawks21's predictions are very, very unlikely, but don't sleep on this guy. PS, Seahawk21, you're not making him any cheaper for anyone this year. If you like him that much, keep it to yourself. :D

Did Seahawks37 switch places with Seahawks21?  That can be the only explanation for this type of shenanigans.

916214[/snapback]

Schizo maybe? We all know what kind of folks the internet attracts - look around... :D

Just doesn't make any sense, and I don't care which one I'm talkin to...

I actually made the post to eat a little "crow" if you will. I was the one last year who wouldn't shut up about what kind of season Reggie was going to have, and how everyone should just shut up and watch. The stat projections were a joke, I really can't believe anyone took them seriously. More than anything I just created the post to see what the rest of the country thought about the kid. That being said, I still think he's going to be VERY good.

I actually made the post to eat a little "crow" if you will.  I was the one last year who wouldn't shut up about what kind of season Reggie was going to have, and how everyone should just shut up and watch.  The stat projections were a joke, I really can't believe anyone took them seriously.  More than anything I just created the post to see what the rest of the country thought about the kid. That being said, I still think he's going to be VERY good.

925385[/snapback]

Where is the referee? i sae you in the tailgate. we need a penalty for false honesty in hopes of understanding and forgiveness. throw him out of the game

I actually made the post to eat a little "crow" if you will.  I was the one last year who wouldn't shut up about what kind of season Reggie was going to have, and how everyone should just shut up and watch.  The stat projections were a joke, I really can't believe anyone took them seriously.  More than anything I just created the post to see what the rest of the country thought about the kid. That being said, I still think he's going to be VERY good.

925385[/snapback]

:D

I still think you are a R. Williams lover

As a Jags homer, I had high hopes for Reggie this year as well and like many others, I also had him pegged as a solid sleeper.

Well, I just watched their first preseason game tonight, and forget it. Reggie Williams is going to have the same problem he had last season:

Leftwich sucks.

The guy has no pocket presence, doesn't make his reads quickly enough, and seems to think that he's playing in a one receiver set with Jimmy Smith as the one reciever.

Yeah, it's just the first preseason game, but I've watched these guys long enough to know that I'm seeing the same thing I've been seeing for the better part of the past two years. I was excited about the new OC (Carl Smith) but we could have hired Charlie Weiss and it wouldn't have made a difference with this bunch.

Del Rio needs to wake up and start Gerrard.