[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Top Gun Competition

DMD

For your enjoyment, perusal, lambasting and general derision, the writers at The Huddle now have our own league that starts on Monday.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/58133

While presenting a united, professional and knowledgeable front, we are not above privately sniping at each other. Top Gun was made as a way to let us compete against each other and see which one of us is the Top Gun for the year. Hoping to avoid bruised egos that affect their weekly column submissions, I intend on appearing to take it easy on them initially before asserting my natural dominance.

It will also be the first time I have played against Whitney since the early 90's when we decided to stop alternating the local league championship and start a web site thing.

(cue theme from Top Gun)

Team owners/contribution

Dorey (Tunnel Vision, Game Predictions/Player Projections)

Walters (Start Bench List)

Gentles (Training Room)

Cunningham (Pickin' and Grinnin')

Levit (weekly article)

Sandy (FA Forecast, 6-pack)

Schlottman (Unconventional Wisdom)

Clements (IDP)

Gray (WR Watch)

Courter (RB Watch)

Tietgen (IDP 2)

Ratteree (Commentary from the Edge)

I think Vegas has the line about 1:1 on the Deguellos to take this thing.

what no IDP's :D

921761[/snapback]

I just hope that Brent and Darin actually know the names of offensive players :D

... actually I sort of hope they don't. :D

I just hope that Brent and Darin actually know the names of offensive players  :D

... actually I sort of hope they don't.  :D

921770[/snapback]

I want Fran Tarkenton, Barry Sanders, Leroy Hoard, Jerry Rice (:D), Herman Moore, Jay Novacek and Fuad Reviez, please. Thank you. :D

And JJ, yes, I am The Huddle's organ monkey. :D

I want Fran Tarkenton, Barry Sanders, Leroy Hoard, Jerry Rice (:D), Herman Moore, Jay Novacek and Fuad Reviez, please.  Thank you. :D

And JJ, yes, I am The Huddle's organ monkey.  :D

921778[/snapback]

Based on those WR's in the Interleague................. :D

What exactly is a Deguello? Is that some sort of Texas thing? It didn't make the cut in my 2,074-page American Heritage dictionary. I don't think it's a typeface this time... :D

921805[/snapback]

I'm thinkin' it's a ZZ Top thing. Or maybe a Texas thing. I think the deguello was the battle call against the Alamo.

I'm thinkin' it's a ZZ Top thing.  Or maybe a Texas thing.  I think the deguello was the battle call against the Alamo.

921812[/snapback]

"Deguello" (de-gway-o) is the name of the battle charge sounded by General Santa Anna's buglers when his Mexican army attacked the Alamo fortress in 1836. "Deguello" is also symbolized by a blood-red flag. Roughly translated, it means "No Quarter". No Mercy. Take No Prisoners.

Early on the morning of the thirteenth day Santa Ana decided to storm the walls. His buglers played the famed "Deguello", a primitive and ancient Moorish march, the signal cry that no quarter would be given, no prisoners taken alive.