[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. aint the villian here Guys!

spain

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He managed to get his face on camera yet again. I thought he and Rosenjerk were joined at the shoulder. I notice T.O. did not seem to have that shirt with a picture of his poor deprived mother on for the game. A missed opportunity.

If someone is actually going to take this thread seriously... I do want to remind people:

The Eagles didn't just pay T.O. for the privlege of having T.O... they paid Baltimore too.

So Terrell can complain about how this is a business and he has to pay his family or whatever... but part of T.O.'s salary went directly to Baltimore because Owens screwed up.

Nobody else but the Eagles wanted to put together a deal that paid both T.O. and Baltimore... and nobody else wanted any part of that clusterpoop, so Owens took what he could get.  He should be thanking Reid for not forcing him to play out a worse contract for a worse team.

924770[/snapback]

Good info here. Never thought of that.

You people need to lighten the f@ck up.  9+ million doesn't go as far as it use to. For godsake, he has a family to feed dammit. 

Come on, how can you expect him to support his family on a mere 9 Million

Where is the humanity........

925987[/snapback]

I think you're right on the money here. Chronically Ruinous Athlete Poverty Syndrome (CRAPS) is clearly a very real problem area that should be addressed. Look at poor Lattrell Sprewell in the NBA - he struggled to feed his family on $14m last year and that is just not acceptable.

I think DMD should make a donation to victims of CRAPS like Lattrell and TO so that their poor families might have food on the table.

Stop being cruel to underpaid and exploited athletes! :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Nobody else but the Eagles wanted to put together a deal that paid both T.O. and Baltimore... and nobody else wanted any part of that clusterpoop, so Owens took what he could get.  He should be thanking Reid for not forcing him to play out a worse contract for a worse team.

924770[/snapback]

If the Eagles can't work this out with TO, I can think of a bunch of teams that would love to sign him.

San Jose SaberCats, Austin Wranglers, and the New Orleans VooDoo to name a few. :D

He is being a jerk, no doubt bout it. That said, if I were a GM and had the money he wanted, I think I'd still take him. You give him money, I think he shuts up. But he is still a jerk.

926595[/snapback]

I disagree. If another team gave him the money this season and next season another receiver signs for more, he will want to re-work the contract because he wouldn't be the #1 paid WR.

Guest THEbigred

SWEET another Owens thread :D OK so it's just another lame dumbass fishing trip.....it doesn't really matter because

it's another Owens thread :D