[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson does NOT sign w/ the Bears?

rocknrobn26

Cedric Benson does NOT sign w/ th Bears..  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Cedric Benson does NOT sign w/ th Bears..

• true
    • false

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question should read will Cedric Benson sign?

yes he will, a couple games into the season i think

I don't see how the vote tallies could be correct? I wasn't sure how to answer this question...

Yes, he won't sign?

No, he won't sign?

Both can mean he won't sign, lol

I changed "yes/no" to "true/false" to try to make the question more clear.

941790[/snapback]

TY! I was gonna say agree/disagree originally, but true/false works!

I voted that I positively think it's negative that He WILL not NOT sign without the Bears.

942456[/snapback]

Another yes I disagree vote. :D

He'll sign with the Bears... eventually. Not sure what's going on in his mind right now, though. Perhaps he has more in common than Ricky than his former haircut and college.

I must say that I'm glad that I elected not to keep Jones and passed up on Benson in my draft yesterday. What a mess.

I guess we know why he was crying now. :D

941334[/snapback]

Darn women stealin' all the good one-liners..... :D

Rooks like to hold out, but he's gotta face it, the Bears have all the leverage here, at least at this point - if he just REFUSES to sign, he comes off looking like a head-case, never mind that the McCaskeys are absolute tools and Angelo appears to be intent on creating Dungy Bucs II - ridiculous defense, marginal or worse offense.

Just another snafu in the post-Halas Bears! Benson is a modern day player who is selfish and concerned only with money. But this goes past Benson…it’s just the MO for the Bears. It would be them stuck with this guy. Meanwhile, a guy who idolized Walter Payton and wanted to play for Chicago (Carnell Williams) quickly got into camp in Tampa Bay and is now working to become the go-to guy down there.

The only reason the Bears won in 1985 is because Jim Finks, Jerry Vinisi, and Halas had set the stage to the point where even McCaskey couldn't mess it up.

Then Ditka went crazy in the late 1980s and McCaskey went on a ski trip for 2 weeks after the 1992 season before giving Ditka the heave-ho for a completely useless coach in Wannstedt. Following that misery was Jarhead.

Along the way there have bee countless horrific draft picks (Cade McClown, Curtis Ennis, Rasham Salaam, John Thiery, David Terrell, etc., etc).

This team even contacted a temp agency for their player personnel position a couple years ago while Tom Modrak (who helped build the Eagles team) was available and willing to come to Chicago.

It was here that Mike McCaskey “fired” himself, but no doubt the stench that is the “Mouse” remains in Halas Hall, stinking up this once proud franchise.

The Bears are a pathetic franchise... made so by the losers that run this team. Look at the horrible teams...The one common factor they have is some idiot who owns the team. The "good" owners out there are people like Dan Rooney (Pitt), Bob Kraft (New Eng), Jeff Lurie (Philly), and a couple others.

As a Bear fan I have no hope, no fire, no anything. We have a lousy front office, a disgruntled 1st round holdout, and enter the season with the hapless Chad Hutchinson at QB. This is why I play fantasy football, because my favorite team is garbage and I need a reason to at least watch football on Sundays.

With the White Sox currently in their meltdown mode and have a real possibility of blowing a lead of colossal proportions, it is nice to see things are back to normal in Chicago.

Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald has written a few times on the factions inside the Bear's front office. There supposedly is a power struggle between 2 factions. One that is in control and the other that wants control. He stated that it is so bad that one faction is happy when the Bear's fail. That is not good for any business.

Edited by blips

Just another snafu in the post-Halas Bears! Benson is a modern day player who is selfish and concerned only with money. But this goes past Benson…it’s just the MO for the Bears. It would be them stuck with this guy. Meanwhile, a guy who idolized Walter Payton and wanted to play for Chicago (Carnell Williams) quickly got into camp in Tampa Bay and is now working to become the go-to guy down there.

The only reason the Bears won in 1985 is because Jim Finks, Jerry Vinisi, and Halas had set the stage to the point where even McCaskey couldn't mess it up.

Then Ditka went crazy in the late 1980s and McCaskey went on a ski trip for 2 weeks after the 1992 season before giving Ditka the heave-ho for a completely useless coach in Wannstedt. Following that misery was Jarhead.

Along the way there have bee countless horrific draft picks (Cade McClown, Curtis Ennis, Rasham Salaam, John Thiery, David Terrell, etc., etc).

This team even contacted a temp agency for their player personnel position a couple years ago while Tom Modrak (who helped build the Eagles team) was available and willing to come to Chicago.

It was here that Mike McCaskey “fired” himself, but no doubt the stench that is the “Mouse” remains in Halas Hall, stinking up this once proud franchise.

The Bears are a pathetic franchise... made so by the losers that run this team. Look at the horrible teams...The one common factor they have is some idiot who owns the team. The "good" owners out there are people like Dan Rooney (Pitt), Bob Kraft (New Eng), Jeff Lurie (Philly), and a couple others.

As a Bear fan I have no hope, no fire, no anything. We have a lousy front office, a disgruntled 1st round holdout, and enter the season with the hapless Chad Hutchinson at QB. This is why I play fantasy football, because my favorite team is garbage and I need a reason to at least watch football on Sundays.

With the White Sox currently in their meltdown mode and have a real possibility of blowing a lead of colossal proportions, it is nice to see things are back to normal in Chicago.

943931[/snapback]

C'mon kwolf tell us what you really think.

943931[/snapback]

wow!!! talk about disgruntled. i'm more optimistic, but i can't argue with any point you made. btw, the whitesox will hold on to win the division but get bounced in the playoffs like 99,93, and the worst one of all 83. we haven't won a playoff series since 1917.

news about benson. contract talks have not happened in 9 days. not a one conversation between the sides. they might start reducing offer. his options then would be to take one, or sit out the yr and go into the draft again. this has gotten so out of hand. i just want to call someone a LARGE SIZED NON TRUTH TELLER!!!

He'll sign

944236[/snapback]

What makes you so sure? What do you base this off of. The way I see it the Bears refuse to give him the contract he wants (right or wrong) and Benson is willing to sit out this long why wouldn't he hold out the whole season.

Early rumors about the contract negotiations that I heard were that Benson and his agent wanted voidable years and Bears don't do contracts with voidable years. My guess is this is one of the sticking points.

What makes you so sure?  What do you base this off of.  The way I see it the Bears refuse to give him the contract he wants (right or wrong) and Benson is willing to sit out this long why wouldn't he hold out the whole season.   

944315[/snapback]

Well, the Bears did use the #4 pick on him and know that Jones is too injury-prone to play a full season. So, there's incentive to sign him.

And Benson has incentive to sign, since he's unproven NFL talent and makes himself look like a whiny, greedy baby by sitting out. His value and earning potential fall every day that he sits home.

Interestingly, Benson's agent has been the agent for the Bears' last two first rounders and they both managed to get into camp without holding-out and missing time.  Correct?

944357[/snapback]

Yes and that is the point of my ill-worded question. I was obvious at the draft that he was less than thrilled to be w/ the Bears. And what i believe Blips said, the hangup seems to be voidable years and or lenght of contract. :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

Those weren't tears of joy?  Real men don't cry when they get drafted by the "wrong" team.

944408[/snapback]

My point. I think you forgot :D in your post. Is he a real man? He's bein' lead around by the nose to some extent and he's playin' his prima donna card. No one knows the exact terms of the contract, but the last 'insider's' report supposedly claimed $$$ was not the issue. One thing I did read was he has a $17,000,000 guarantee. Not bad from a team that is cheap.

My point.  I think you forgot  :D  in your post. Is he a real man? He's bein' lead around by the nose to some extent and he's playin' his prima donna card.  No one knows the exact terms of the contract, but the last 'insider's' report supposedly claimed $$$ was not the issue.  One thing I did read was he has a $17,000,000 guarantee.  Not bad from a team that is cheap.

944420[/snapback]

And my point was that if here were unhappy to have been drafted by the Bears, you wouldn't have see tears of joy. I didn't see any evidence of him being unhappy to have been selected by the Bears.

Benson will sign eventually. There's too much at stake for both sides to not reach an agreement.

Edited by Bill Swerski