[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Addiction To This Hobby Grows Every Year

Menudo

Tomorrow is my main and oldest league's draft, and my first draft this year. I only play two leagues and believe in the less is more theory. I honestly feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve today. The draft is with a bunch of college buddies who I don't see much anymore, because we all moved different places, so the combination of getting to hang out with old friends and the draft has me feeling like I did at 4:30 AM heading down to check what was under the tree on December 25th. :D I notice that unlike other things that sometimes tend to get old as the years go by, my excitement for the NFL and Fantasy Football grows a little more each year. I played in my first league in 1991, and many of the same players are still in the league, though, we've only been officially tracking historical stuff for the past 8 years. Can't wait to get out of here....a nap when I get home, start drinking around 7, Steelers game, Huddle Poker, wake up tomorrow and head out for drinking, fantasy draft, washers, beer pong, pool, and poker !!!! Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I refuse to go any higher than 12 leagues.  :D

I think. :D

949623[/snapback]

Doesn't playing in that many leagues assure you that pretty much every starting player will be on one of your teams and against one of your teams every week. I'm only in 2 leagues, and I hate when that happens, but, one league is more important to me than the other, so I use that to determine my rooting interest.

Doesn't playing in that many leagues assure you that pretty much every starting player will be on one of your teams and against one of your teams every week.  I'm only in 2 leagues, and I hate when that happens, but, one league is more important to me than the other, so I use that to determine my rooting interest.

949646[/snapback]

It actually frees me from that stress. When everyone who scores for you, scores against you. I can actually sit back and watch a game and enjoy it without worrying about who is going to score.

I hear ya Menudo. I too have been an addict since 93. I'v only missed 1 season, and let me tell you that the NFL had no meaning that year. I've been commissioner 7 years, won the league once, 2nd place 3 times, 3rd twice, not made the playoffs 4 times. I know the I'm missing a few years, so I'll blame those years on excessive alcohol consumption. CHEERS! :D

I hear ya Menudo.  I too have been an addict since 93.  I'v only missed 1 season, and let me tell you that the NFL had no meaning that year.   I've been commissioner 7 years, won the league once,  2nd place 3 times, 3rd twice, not made the playoffs  4 times.  I know the I'm missing a few years, so I'll blame those years on excessive alcohol consumption. CHEERS! :D

949657[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I love FF but I wouldn't love Football any less without it.

949672[/snapback]

OK, I might of exaggerated just a little. That was the year the Pats beat the Rams in the big game. That year I watched a fraction of the games I normally do with FF. I stand corrected. :D

OK, I might of exaggerated just a little.  That was the year the Pats beat the Rams in the big game.  That year I watched a fraction of the games I normally do with FF.  I stand corrected. :D

949704[/snapback]

I wasn't busting yer chops. I was just pointing out the fact that I love NFL football with or without FF. FF makes it all the more interesting and I'm probably more knowlegable of what's going on around the league. But I wouldn't watch it any less if I wasn't involved in FF. With that said, I don't ever see me not being involved in FF so I won't have to worry about it. :D

949672[/snapback]

I didn't care that much about NFL football until FF. Sure, I always loved the Niners and going to games was always fun. But that's about all I'd pay attention to. I'd rarely sit down for 3 - let alone 6 - hours on Sunday to watch games. These days, I'm like a caged badger if I don't know what's happening around the league in real time.

Edited by yo mama

I didn't care that much about NFL football until FF.  Sure, I always loved the Niners and going to games was always fun.  But that's about all I'd pay attention to.  I'd rarely sit down for 3 - let alone 6 - hours on Sunday to watch games.  These days, I'm like a caged badger if I don't know what's happening around the league in real time.

949743[/snapback]

I respect that, and like I said, I wasn't calling anybody out. I've just always loved watching NFL football. I haven't missed a full Sunday watching games since I can't remember.

49er fans may need FF to keep them sane for the next couple of years. :D

I respect that, and like I said, I wasn't calling anybody out.  I've just always loved watching NFL football.  I haven't missed a full Sunday watching games since I can't remember. 

49er fans may need FF to keep them sane for the next couple of years.   :D

949767[/snapback]

I didn't think you were. But, as the Mrs. has pointed out repeatedly, I didn't really start caring about NFL football until FF. (Much to her dismay). I don't know why FF made NFL football better to me. But it did. (Sorta like how fire made the Flaming Moe better).

And I won't pretend being a Niners fan offers a whole lot in the way of expectations this year. However, I remember going to games as a wee lad with my father around the time Montana joined the team. They sucked back then, too. A few years later SF built an NFL dynasty for the ages.

Now I have a son of my own and the Niners suck again. These things go in cycles. At least we'll have fun going to the games together. Perhaps in a few years, we'll have a lot more to root for.

Edited by yo mama

I didn't think you were.  But, as the Mrs. has pointed out repeatedly, I did really start caring about NFL football until FF.  (Much to her dismay).  I don't know why FF made NFL football better to me.  But it did.  (Sorta like how fire made the Flaming Moe better).

And I won't pretend being a Niners fan offers a whole lot in the way of expectations this year.  However, I remember going to games as a wee lad with my father around the time Montana joined the team.  They sucked back then, too.  A few years later SF built an NFL dynasty for the ages.

Now I have a son of my own and the Niners suck again.  These things go in cycles.  At least we'll have fun going to the games.  Perhaps in a few years, we'll have a lot more to root for.

949812[/snapback]

Well I think the Niners are on their way if Alex Smith lives up to expectations. Nolan seems like a coach that can turn things around for ya.

I would love to live in a city with a Pro football team (namely Pittsburgh :D ). I'm sure you and your boy will enjoy the games regardless of the outcome. :D

Tomorrow is my main and oldest league's draft, and my first draft this year.  I only play two leagues and believe in the less is more theory.  I honestly feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve today.  The draft is with a bunch of college buddies who I don't see much anymore, because we all moved different places, so the combination of getting to hang out with old friends and the draft has me feeling like I did at 4:30 AM heading down to check what was under the tree on December 25th.  :D  I notice that unlike other things that sometimes tend to get old as the years go by, my excitement for the NFL and Fantasy Football grows a little more each year.  I played in my first league in 1991, and many of the same players are still in the league, though, we've only been officially tracking historical stuff for the past 8 years.  Can't wait to get out of here....a nap when I get home, start drinking around 7, Steelers game, Huddle Poker, wake up tomorrow and head out for drinking, fantasy draft, washers, beer pong, pool, and poker !!!!  Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

949606[/snapback]

Beautiful plan! I am drinking with the old crew and crushing some Vincent's pizza. After the game, it's time for some Madden 06. Life...good.

I'm going to draft my 20th team in 45 minutes. :D Less is more? What kind of ideology is that? :D

I've got another Huddler live draft tomorrow! :D

Hello, my name is Jimmy and I have a problem. :D