[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst draft pick you've seen this yr.

KUBJPO01

He then had the 2.1 pick and took McNabb. Again not a bad pick since Manning and C-Pep were gone (6 pts/td bonus for completions). So it comes back down to him at the end of the third and he takes...Michael Vick....we start 1 QB

965085[/snapback]

But this season at pick #8 overall this guy take Brady.  Then in round #4 he takes Rothlisberger. 

965203[/snapback]

Its nice to see that WW is playing in some local leagues with Huddlers this year... :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D C'mon Crispy....quit beating yourself up.

You kept Bell thinking he'd be the starter and before the season is over, he very well might be.

My 5.01 pick of Suggs doesn't look so hot right now either.

I took Suggs before news of the high ankle sprain and again, just as you with Bell, while he may not start the season as his teams main RB, he could very well end up in that role before the season is over.

Point is, give it a little time before writing Bell off as a busted pick.

966440[/snapback]

I got Mike Anderson in 8th round and then traded for Bell as a handcuff. He may end up as the starter by the end of the year. Who knows? With only Ron Dayne to take carries(barring another pickup) I feel OK with it.

Well, past the obvious tier 1 players, the cheat sheets are a muddle to me - I figure Manning and Pep, LT, SA, Edge, and Priest, and Moss are CLEARLY a cut above everyone else in their respective positions for various reasons - after that, it's one player after another with some sort of issue.

965174[/snapback]

i'd be willing to debate even that much. particularly with priest's age and injury history, and with moss going to a new team and a clear downgrade at QB.

the funny thing is, the people who make these bonehead picks usually do poorly. but not always. sometimes they beat the pants off folks who go by what all the mock drafts and expert commentary dictate. that's what happens in a hobby where luck is such an enormous factor, and it's a big part of what makes FF fun.

You think that was a steal?  I was shocked by this in my only redraft this year.

1.01  Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.02  Manning, Peyton IND QB

1.03  Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

1.04  James, Edgerrin IND RB

1.05  Jones, Kevin DET RB

1.06  Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB

1.07  Davis, Domanick HOU RB

1.08  Jones, Julius DAL RB

1.09  McGahee, Willis BUF RB

1.10  McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

I couldn't believe I got Priest at 1.11... :D

965243[/snapback]

the part you're leaving out is that this is a redraft this year, but a keeper next.

i'd be willing to debate even that much.  particularly with priest's age and injury history, and with moss going to a new team and a clear downgrade at QB.

966514[/snapback]

Priest's age IS a concern, his injury prone-ness is overstated IMO.

And I've been yappin' about how the Raiders pass O is going to disappoint lots of people this season, but I think Moss' #s will hold up to his draft status - say 1300-1400 yds, 10-12 tds.

And I've been yappin' about how the Raiders pass O is going to disappoint lots of people this season, but I think Moss' #s will hold up to his draft status - say 1300-1400 yds, 10-12 tds.

966561[/snapback]

i don't know if those numbers put moss "CLEARLY a cut above everyone else at his position".

i don't know if those numbers put moss "CLEARLY a cut above everyone else at his position".

966568[/snapback]

True, but I think that if you look at them as a floor, they do justify the lofty draft position - other guys projected at that might hit them; Moss will definitely get his yards and if he doesn't hit 10 tds I'll be surprised.

...and to add, it's perhaps less that Moss is "clearly" (yes, that was my own word) above others as much as he just has fewer questions than the other elite WRs - namely TO's little offseason snit affecting things or Indy only being able to play with one football at a time. No doubt those are why Holt and C Johnson are above them in the Huddle's rankings.

Priest's age IS a concern, his injury prone-ness is overstated IMO.

966561[/snapback]

Oh, I don't know about that. This guy has suffered two major injuries over the past three seasons. His durability is certainly questionable at this point, especially considering that 32-year-old halfbacks tend to be much more injury-prone than their younger counterparts.

Also consider the other aspects of the Chiefs offense that indicate further risk:

(1) Larry Johnson. He played very well in place of Priest during the latter half of last season and pretty much blew him away this pre-season. I'm not suggesting that Vermeil will go RBBC, but LJ will get a significant amount of carries this year. LJ could easily vulture 50-100 carries from Priest.

(2) Trent Green/Will Shileds/Willie Roaf. These guys are all in their mid-30's now and Shields has already been talking about retirement. If one of them has a bad year or goes down with an injury, the running game will take a hit.

(3) No legitimate #2 WR. Not that Morton was a stud, but are Samie Parker, Dante Hall, or Chris Horn legitimate #2 WRs?

Even if Priest can stay healthy, the presence of LJ and the rest of the aging offense may result in a significant hit to his numbers. Priest will still put up good numbers, but his uber-stud days are over, IMO.

Oh, I don't know about that. This guy has suffered two major injuries over the past three seasons. His durability is certainly questionable at this point, especially considering that 32-year-old halfbacks tend to be much more injury-prone than their younger counterparts.

agree with this point. hmmmm, seems we've had an argument over other rbs that are in a similar situation. lol.

disagree with: (3) No legitimate #2 WR. Not that Morton was a stud, but are Samie Parker, Dante Hall, or Chris Horn legitimate #2 WRs?

parker will be decent. he might have taken morton's job last yr were in not for the injury. he may put up better numbers than his number 1 counterpart kennison. i have put my money where my mouth is with parker. in only one league did i not snag him as one of my hugh fantasy sleepers. hopefully he pans out and avoids the injury bug.

i just got done witnessing the worst fantasy draft of all time.. a sporting news league where you have to pay $20-$25 depending on when you sign up.. i dont know if it was a joke or what (for $20 i wouldnt).. he wasnt there and had autopick the whole time.

he had last pick in a 10 team league-

draft in order by round-

baltimore d

NE d

pitt d

akers

NYG D

vinatieri

jay feely

NYJ D

eli manning

ronnie brown

duckett

lee suggs

kennison

moulds

pittman

donte stallworth

jolley

i just got done witnessing the worst fantasy draft of all time..  a sporting news league where you have to pay $20-$25 depending on when you sign up..  i dont know if it was a joke or what (for $20 i wouldnt)..  he wasnt there and had autopick the whole time.

he had last pick in a 10 team league-

draft in order by round-

baltimore d

NE d

pitt d

akers

NYG D

vinatieri

jay feely

NYJ D

eli manning

ronnie brown

duckett

lee suggs

kennison

moulds

pittman

donte stallworth

jolley

967005[/snapback]

wow, nice "D"

Tatem Bell at 1.08 (from an owner who has won our league SuperBowl in the past). I fell out of my chair. I later on (round #9) drafted Mike Anderson, telling him that Anderson was currently the starter, not Bell. He laughed at me.