[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell

Guest Sores

He is certainly the future in the Denver backfield though. Every time Bell gets the ball, typically on his first carry, he scampers for a 10+ swoosh run. He's fast and he's electric to watch - like he'll break it every time. When he hits the hole, he's gone. He doesn't seem to break many tackles at the line of scrimage, however...

He is certainly the future in the Denver backfield though.

1024368[/snapback]

Sorry, but I'm not buying this.

Heard the this song from the Bell supporters last year.

Then this off season it was same 'ol same 'ol.

Bell this and Bell that, he's the future, yada yada yada blah blah blah.

I imagine I'll be hearing the same stuff next year, albeit from a significantly smaller group of Bell suppoters.

Edited by Big Score 1

Did anybody watch the preseason??? I was expecting to see a guy who hit the holes hard and exploded into and through the defensive backfield. What I saw was a very indecisive runner who tried to feel his way through the first level. He'll have a few big plays this season because the Denver O-line is still very good, but will show no consistency whatsoever.

He is certainly the future in the Denver backfield though.  Every time Bell gets the ball, typically on his first carry, he scampers for a 10+ swoosh run.  He's fast and he's electric to watch - like he'll break it every time.  When he hits the hole, he's gone.  He doesn't seem to break many tackles at the line of scrimage, however...

1024368[/snapback]

Cosmo....sorry but I gotta disagree. Shanahan is not a 'future' guy. He is a NOW guy. Portis produced immediately...Shanahan rode him while he was hot and then dumped him. If Mike Anderson is outplaying Bell, Bell might not even be around next year. Look how long of a leash he gave M. Clarett. They might draft another RB next year to be the future unless Bell starts to outplay Anderson/Dayne now-ish.

I'm an Anderson owner. Anderson worries me because he's averaging under 4ypc whereas Bell is over 5. Bell hasn't lost a fumble so that's not it. Something must be seriously wrong - can't pick up the block - bad work ethic... hit on the coach's daughter... I'm not a Bronco homer so don't have any inside info.

I'm an Anderson owner. Anderson worries me because he's averaging under 4ypc whereas Bell is over 5. Bell hasn't lost a fumble so that's not it. Something must be seriously wrong - can't pick up the block - bad work ethic... hit on the coach's daughter... I'm not a Bronco homer so don't have any inside info.

I'm an Anderson owner.  Anderson worries me because he's averaging under 4ypc whereas Bell is over 5.  Bell hasn't lost a fumble so that's not it.  Something must be seriously wrong - can't pick up the block - bad work ethic... hit on the coach's daughter... I'm not a Bronco homer so don't have any inside info.

1032658[/snapback]

this is a good point. i mean, bell has looked decent at times, including at least a couple pretty good outings last year; but obviously he's not doing something right. mike anderson has not really looked that fantastic. i mean, he got caught on the goal line against kc on what should have been a sure touchdown. that's why i'm not giving up on bell until he really gets his chance. but any add'l insight on this is welcome.

Bell does not appear to be a back who can run between the tackles. He sucks at the goal line. He's a change of pace back. Anderson will be the starter until he gets hurt. Then Dayne will get a shot. I would expect that to last about 4 carries before Shanahan sees what we in fantasy land know, Dayne sucks. Then maybe Bell will get a shot. Athough I wouldn't be surprised to see Griffin again either.

Bell does not appear to be a back who can run between the tackles.  He sucks at the goal line.  He's a change of pace back.  Anderson will be the starter until he gets hurt.  Then Dayne will get a shot.  I would expect that to last about 4 carries before Shanahan sees what we in fantasy land know, Dayne sucks.  Then maybe Bell will get a shot.  Athough I wouldn't be surprised to see Griffin again either.

1032729[/snapback]

If you say so. That post sounds like you just got off the phone with Shanahan. :D