[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tice, pack your bags

alexgaddis

I know the defense is very banged up but I cannot watch all these penalties any more...The Falcons are also a better team but the Vikings look lost for the third time in four games...time for Zygi to step in and pay for a REAL coach...

:doah:

even though the Vikes will STILL win the awful NFC North...

I know the defense is very banged up but I cannot watch all these penalties any more...The Falcons are also a better team but the Vikings look lost for the third time in four games...time for Zygi to step in and pay for a REAL coach...

1038766[/snapback]

Ahem, there's going a tie for first place right now between Chicago and Detroit.. assuming Tice is still the coach in the second half. The Lions are STILL in the playoff hunt. :D

There well be hundreds of thousands of fans crying the day Mike Tice gets fired.

Of course they will be Packers, Bears, and Lions fans, but they'll still be crying. I guess the Vikings fans will be crying as well if you count tears of joy.

Mike Tice straight up for Mike Sherman...deal?

So he can give Cottrell competition for the worst defensive coordinator of the year honors?  :D

1038904[/snapback]

GB's def hasn't been the reason they're losing games; before the season started, I said if Bates gets this collection up to average, I'd be happy. Right now, they're 19th in yds and 18th in points.

Edited by Chavez

1038766[/snapback]

I hear ya screamin, Alex. There is just no excuse for a professional team to be so unprepared, undisciplined, and unorganized week after week. It is the whole team, and that is a reflection of the leadership which is horrible to say it kindly. Tice has got to go or atleast be demoted to TE coach. Loney is clearly in over his head, and Cottrel's bunch often looks like kids playing in the neighborhood park. Not sure who Zygi could bring in to right the ship at this point, but clearly something needs to be done ASAP.

There are 3/4s of the games left and no one is running away with the division. All is not lost, but a couple more games like we have seen and it will be. Daunte is playing like a terrified child. His confidence is at an all-time low, which is why you see him drop back, hop around for a few seconds, and then get piled on by defenders. When his confidence is shot, his decision-making suffers hugh and the turnovers come in bunches. I think most Vikes fans that have watched him play during his career will agree.

The O line is really struggling and that further confounds the problem. The defenders know this and they see Daunte with the "deer in the headlights" look back there and they are really getting after him. I swear the Vikes are the worst team in football when it comes to picking up a blitz, too!

The defense has not been able to show any improvement because they are(in addition to poorly coached) under constant siege and hung out to dry by the offense. Injuries happen, but are more likely when the D is on the field getting pounded on so much.

And the worst part of it all is that I cant even enjoy the misery my amigos from Cheeseland are experiencing because the Vikes are right down there with them. :D

Hi Coach Tice, allow me to carry your luggage.  No Sir, no time for that, we must hurry.

1038792[/snapback]

I've been crying since he was hired. I don't know how many of you remember two years ago, but his lack of coaching skills were evident against the Colts game when he called the lame timeout with one min remaining, and his horrible play calling against the lowly Cardinals in the last game of the season. I'm no NFL coach, but even I can spot a terrible coach.

So, lemme add, "Mr Tice, please, move quickly. We're in a hurry here."

That being said, I've wondered if the reason there wasn't a coaching change due to the new ownership is because the lack of coaching talent that the organization would like to make a LT commitment to. Thus waiting one year to see what's in the pool.

Ugh.

What happened to the play calling from last week? They moved to pocket around to avoid the rush and it seemed to work. This week apparently Tice though the Falcons would pick up on the scheme he used against the Saints so he changed it back. Ticey's problem is he's just too darned smart. So smart in fact, the Falcons didn't realized they had been outwitted...jerks.

1038766[/snapback]

:D:D I can barely stand to watch anymore!! Being a Maryland alumnist also I am embarrassed, I can not wait for Tice to hit the road. Who do you think will be the next HC for the Vikes?

Well, If Ziggy wants a new coach he should start talking to Pete Carrol right now.

After winning his 3rd straight national title he should be ready to reenter the NFL. Pete was a finalist for the Vikings HC job but the boys at Winter Park hired Denny instead.

Is it too early to put my vote in for KEEPING Mike Tice. Campared to Mike Martz, he is a coaching genius, an NFL Legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think he gives my favorite team the best chance to win. :D

So he can give Cottrell competition for the worst defensive coordinator of the year honors?  :D

1038904[/snapback]

Bates would make a great head coach - I was pissed off about Miami letting him go until the conclusion of week 1.

Jim who?

..while the D might not show it, he is a great defensive mind and as can be seen from the end of last year, a great motivator. ((and upgrade from Sherman))

I think the Vikings will hire someone with a big name like a Pete Carroll...

1039890[/snapback]

All of New England just guffawed in unison. :D Great college coach but his "rah rah, touchy-feely, we can do it guys" approach never cut it in the pros -- he's the footballl version of Rick Pitino.

:D

Definitions

guffaw

noun

1. A loud coarse laugh.

verb

intr

guffawed, guffawing

1. To laugh in this way.

1039913[/snapback]

Thanks professor, but yes, I meant guffaw...as in, a loud, coarse laugh at the idea of Pete Carroll coaching in the NFL again after his ridiculous reign at the helm of the Pats. Meanwhile...

guf·faw P Pronunciation Key (g-fô) n.

A hearty, boisterous burst of laughter.

intr.v. guf·fawed, guf·faw·ing, guf·faws

To laugh heartily and boisterously.