[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little wine help please

Hankk

asked dmd to set it up for us...... we'll see....

good to see you around det

1157491[/snapback]

I was just lurking for a bit. Gosh, not a whole lot to add to the post. Had I jumped in earlier, I would have likely been in agreement with the general sentiment about the Burg. As for Gewurtz, I'm just having a hard time enjoying them much at all these days, especially with food. Just too blown up for me. Though Navarro does about as good a job as I've found outside Alsace.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was that gewurtz too sweet for the dish?

edit:

i've been a fan of phelp and chateau st michelle for a while ...i bet the merlot felt "big" with those flavors with the duck... drew out a lot of fruit, yes?

1157339[/snapback]

I'm not a big gewurtz fan. I did find it a bit sweet.

And the merlot with the duck was right on.

As for McNasty's link. Funny stuff indeed. However, I should mention that I'm about as iritated by the fact that Merlot is now the antichrist as I was that it was all anyone would drink before. There's some killer Merlot based wines in this world. It also bugs me that all the formerly declassified Pinot that used to go into everyone's CA appelation Pinots and sold for about $8-$10 are now being pawned off as Estate for $15-$20. It's really not very good juice for the money.

:D geez ... pullin out the f-bomb and everything.

ok ... ok ... here is my wine contribution. i tried it once. didn't much care for it. was a little to oaky for me.

not much for alcohol in general, but certainly like a good jack daniels sauce over my steak, chicken, or ribs :D

:D  geez ... pullin out the f-bomb and everything. 

ok ... ok ... here is my wine contribution.  i tried it once.  didn't much care for it.  was a little to oaky for me. 

not much for alcohol in general, but certainly like a good jack daniels sauce over my steak, chicken, or ribs :D

1157615[/snapback]

:D

see ..................we'd have a place for ou to talk about friday's

1157621[/snapback]

got the recipe for it ... prefer it at home :D

they don't do half bad there ... although i did leave a $.01 tip there once because the service was so bad I felt inclined to insult them rather than leave nothing ...

got the recipe for it ... prefer it at home  :D

they don't do half bad there ... although i did leave a $.01 tip there once because the service was so bad I felt inclined to insult them rather than leave nothing ...

1157627[/snapback]

I had a tip guide which said you should leave 25 cents to show that you didn't forget but that the service was horrible..

:D  geez ... pullin out the f-bomb and everything. 

ok ... ok ... here is my wine contribution.  i tried it once.  didn't much care for it.  was a little to oaky for me. 

1157615[/snapback]

IMO, too much oak can be a characteristic of a thin wine. They put that in there to mask the bland taste.

well, since we don't have a forum yet.... let's start talking about format.

how do we want to do it?

- select a grape and go with that for a couple of weeks, sampling them from different regions?

- select a country and try different grapes from different regions?

-select a particular wine and try the same wine from different years?