[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little wine help please

Hankk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest to get going instead of picking a region, we pick start by picking a good representation of, say, 4 different types of wine varietals--that way novices can at least have a chance to figure out what different types of wine taste like.  (This could even be a remedial lesson that people could do on their own if needed.  We just need for the ekspurts to pick out, say, a good basic representation of a Cab, Pinot, Chirax, Zin, etc. along with some tasting notes, so that people can at least learn what to expect from different varietals of wine).

Then maybe for the next few classes, we could taste wines made from the same grape, but from different areas--so that we could learn how to distinguish say a burgundy from a washington pinot.

Then we could move into tasting wines from different locations.

Just a thought.

1155561[/snapback]

This sounds like a great idea. Might I also suggest we figure out a way, to post all of our notes at the same time. Wine is highly suggestive and the palette can be heavily influenced by the spoken or written word before you can really draw your own conclusions.

This sounds like a great idea. Might I also suggest we figure out a way, to post all of our notes at the same time. Wine is highly suggestive and the palette can be heavily influenced by the spoken or written word before you can really draw your own conclusions.

1155607[/snapback]

Makes sense. It would also be good for the learners to be able to read your notes as they are actually tasting the wine--so that they can learn what it is they are tasting.

:D

What are you drinking?? And comments!!

1155566[/snapback]

:D v. sattui 01 zin. i was thirsty.

it's a little young....should prob sit for 2-4 more years. has some clove up front, with a bing cherry finish. this winery has an italian backbone.. ther reserves are decent.... their standard wines are so-so.

i think opening a private room in skybox migh tbe the way to go.....

and yes.... give an opp. to write own impressions, then reveal.

i have friends coming in sat-sat, so this week i likely won't be able to participate (though they like wine too). i'll follow, in terms of which wine is chosen, open it with them and then.... try to compare with you guys the next week.

i think opening a private room in skybox migh tbe the way to go.....

1155630[/snapback]

maybe, but then if somebody accidentally gets booted they won't be able to go back and read what people wrote. I think the skybox is good for discussion--and it will be fun to drink and chat, but I'd like the tasting notes in a forum so that they won't get lost (and in case somebody misses an evening they could go back and do the "work" on their own).

maybe, but then if somebody accidentally gets booted they won't be able to go back and read what people wrote.  I think the skybox is good for discussion--and it will be fun to drink and chat, but I'd like the tasting notes in a forum so that they won't get lost (and in case somebody misses an evening they could go back and do the "work" on their own).

1155644[/snapback]

i have np with that. just very excited about this whole thing. wieg...it's time you got aim!!!! we should get a chat room going

i have np with that.  just very excited about this whole thing.  wieg...it's time you got aim!!!!  we should get a chat room going

1155655[/snapback]

I have AIM on my phone. I guess I should load it onto my computer.

I have YAHOO IM right now.

I have AIM on my phone. I guess I should load it onto my computer.

I have YAHOO IM right now.

1155660[/snapback]

i have all of those little Oprahers, so whatever we do np..... but an instant messager of some sort would be a good thing.

i have all of those little Oprahers, so whatever we do np..... but an instant messager of some sort would be a good thing.

1155667[/snapback]

Well, I've come to the conclusion that trying wine notes with my phone on AIM is never going to work. It takes me 3 minutes to write 3 words.

And I end of sounding like a wee todd. I don't know how kids these days do it so quickly. :D

Edited by twiley

ok..... it's time we actually get a food and wine forum......

i'll ask dmd to get us a forum.... think it could be moderated by twil, sld, sunday, myself, and det.....

need to let people know that it's for anoyone who wants to get into wine/food.

suggestions for a name?

ok..... it's time we actually get a food and wine forum...... 

i'll ask dmd to get us a forum.... think it could be moderated by twil, sld, sunday, myself, and det.....

need to let people know that it's for anoyone who wants to get into wine/food.

suggestions for a name?

1155738[/snapback]

:D The oink 'n slug?