[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Classiest NFL teams"

MojoMan

Which team is the "classiest"  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is the "classiest"

• Bears
    • Broncos
    • Cowboys
    • Lions
    • Colts
    • Packers
    • Vikings
    • Chiefs
    • Dolphins
    • NYG
    • Patriots
    • Eagles
    • Jets
    • 49ers
    • Raiders
    • Steelers
    • Rams
    • Bucs
    • Redskins
    • Other (write in)

so do you mean players or overall organization? Every team's got someone that does something wrong at some point. Hard to control 50 players when they're not in sight.

As far as the organization goes, I really don't know about a whole lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes, I can only attest to the Browns.

When the new stadium was finished, Al Lerner took a stroll throughout. He noticed that there was an unbelievable hike to get to the 5th level. He paid for a 5 million dollar elevator so the fans could be more comfortable in his building. The elevator didn't come till season two but it was an incredible gesture.

so do you mean players or overall organization? Every team's got someone that does something wrong at some point. Hard to control 50 players when they're not in sight.

As far as the organization goes, I really don't know about a whole lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes, I can only attest to the Browns.

When the new stadium was finished, Al Lerner took a stroll throughout. He noticed that there was an unbelievable hike to get to the 5th level. He paid for a 5 million dollar elevator so the fans could be more comfortable in his building. The elevator didn't come till season two but it was an incredible gesture.

1173738[/snapback]

I tend to think that if you're a classy organization, you either select players that won't be a problem or you control their bad behavior. Not always possible but, it seems to me that if you're a quality organization, when the public found out about a "bad" player, we'd also find out that the organization had been doing something to address it (note past perfect tense).

Edited by MojoMan

Sports Illustrated conducted this poll of NFL players just prior to the current season. based on responses received from 357 NFL players:

NFL's classiest organization:

Patriots 26%

Packers 13%

Panthers 8%

Browns, Ravens 6%

NFL's least classy:

Raiders 27%

Bengals 16%

Cardinals 11%

Buccaneers 7%

These results were just published in the latest issue of SI, where they also noted that the Pats received 16% of the vote from within their own division, while the Panthers received 53% of the vote from within their division.

Seahawks :D

LOL,

The bad:

When he was the "face of the team," ex-head coach Dennis Erickson's .23 BAC came immediately to mind.

Jon Kitna's failure to show to a charity fundraiser for a child burn victim. Not even an open apology or token signature.

The good:

Other Seahawk players do donate and show up. Plenty of members get out into the community for autograph sessions and what not.

Heck, I know DE Bryce Fisher made the local news earlier this month by joining the Washington Air National Guard (he graduated from the Air Force Academy). Not sure how a 272 pound DE fits into a military uniform... but he does it, I guess.

The Patriots????

Doesn't anyone remember the classless way Kraft extorted money from Boston for a new stadium? The way he threatened to move the team to Hartford and let CT spend millions in preparation, and then pulled the rug out and got sued by them afterwards for the money?

How about his shameful drunken interview following the Superbowl in 97?

How about the way they shaft their most loyal players like Troy Brown?

You're all just blinded by Tom Brady's good-guy image, and the fact that they've been winning for a few years. That team has no class.

I voted Packers. Small market but never a thought of moving, owned by fans, loyal to their players, few scandals, and a dedication to excellence that is unparalleled (current year excepted).

Edited by AtomicCEO

The Patriots????

Doesn't anyone remember the classless way Kraft extorted money from Boston for a new stadium?  The way he threatened to move the team to Hartford and let CT spend millions in preparation, and then pulled the rug out and got sued by them afterwards for the money?

You're all just blinded by Tom Brady's good-guy image, and the fact that they've been winning for a few years.  That team has no class.

I voted Packers.  Small market but never a thought of moving, owned by fans, loyal to their players, few scandals, and a dedication to excellence that is unparalleled (current year excepted).

1174655[/snapback]

And associating with known international jewelry thieves? :D

The Patriots????

Doesn't anyone remember the classless way Kraft extorted money from Boston for a new stadium?  The way he threatened to move the team to Hartford and let CT spend millions in preparation, and then pulled the rug out and got sued by them afterwards for the money?

You're all just blinded by Tom Brady's good-guy image, and the fact that they've been winning for a few years.  That team has no class.

I voted Packers.  Small market but never a thought of moving, owned by fans, loyal to their players, few scandals, and a dedication to excellence that is unparalleled (current year excepted).

1174655[/snapback]

Not to mention the classy way they handled the post game interviews after losing to the colts.

The Patriots????

1174655[/snapback]

Yes, but they have Tedy Bruschi. I heard that he's the first NFL player ever to come back after having had a stroke.

I tend to think that if you're a classy organization, you either select players that won't be a problem or you control their bad behavior.  Not always possible but, it seems to me that if you're a quality organization, when the public found out about a "bad" player, we'd also find out that the organization had been doing something to address it (note past perfect tense).

1173765[/snapback]

Jennifer Granholm as an avatar? :D She is a joke. Nice sig line.

Edited by BigTen

guys... c'mon now. Really, it's a SPORTS ILLUSTRATED poll, you have to accept that any botard will put the Pats up as the classiest organizations simply because they won the last Super Bowl. Kinda like your wife would do.

Sides, they also listed the Ravens as a class org. Like most things that drip out of the SI offices, this is mostly based upon "mass market mentality" more than anything else.