[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Comments on Contract Talks

Hugh 0ne

Seahawks | Alexander comments on contract talks

Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:25:49 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander was on KJR radio Thursday, Dec. 8, and he said that his contract negotiations haven't gone anywhere this season. This is consistent with what has been happening, or not happening, with his contract going all the way back to last year. His direct quote was, "You don't want to know" when asked about the status of contract talks.

KFFL.

Excellent news!  Maybe K-Rob can convince him to make a new home in Minnesota.  Czarina is going to ask Santa Claus to make it happen for us.  I believe... I believe... I believe...

1203068[/snapback]

How'd you know I have a direct line to the man in the Big Red Suit? If I make that wish though, it's not for him to go to Minnesota. :D

Indeed I am. :D Besides, you know full well that Mike Tice doesn't deserve a guy like Alexander on his team. You work on getting rid of him and we'll talk.

1203143[/snapback]

Ouch baby, very ouch.

Albeit true. Getting Alexander would be a waste as long as Tice is the coach, that I can't argue with. And I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mike Tice should be fired, even if the Vikes win the Super Bowl this year under him.

Isn't he a free agent next year? We wouldn't have to give anything up, but the bank.

1203238[/snapback]

I was more referring to how they used Herschel and didn't adjust the offense to his strengths but rather tried to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Vikings fans are circling. :D

1203133[/snapback]

:D

well as a Vikes fan with hawks season tix..... i'm torn. :D actually minnesota is the only place i'd like to see him go..... but I wouldn't count on it.

I listened to that interview with shaun yesterday..... he wants to stay in seattle but he also wants to experience complete un-restricted free agency in the off season. Part of the deal he signed for this year was that he not be tagged next year.

shaun knows how good he has it hear....... there isn't an o-line on the planet better than what he has here.....which leads to another issue for the hawks. they have to try & resign hutch in the off season too. the franchise tag will most certainly be used on him next year... if need be.

3rdly...... there's now talk about getting holmgren signed to an extension now too. plenty for the hawks front office to deal with. the fact that paul allen has the deepest pockets in the league is somewhat irrelevant with having to abide by the salary cap.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Ouch baby, very ouch.

Albeit true. Getting Alexander would be a waste as long as Tice is the coach, that I can't argue with. And I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mike Tice should be fired, even if the Vikes win the Super Bowl this year under him.

1203157[/snapback]

Tice would probably platoon Bennett, Moore and Alexander to keep em guessing.

Am I missing something here?  JJ who?  This is a thread about Shaun Alexander isn't it?

1203409[/snapback]

Julius Jones owners, according to Clubpothead, should be wary because according to him, Alexander will be a Cowboy next year.