[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not so fast Houston.....

pedroz13

So I guess if the Texans lose they get Bush (assuming he goes pro). They control their own destiny. BUT ...if they win, it gets interesting. Not sure if this has already been posted, if it has I apologize. 5 teams have the potential of going 3-13 after the games this weekend. New Orleans (plays TB), the Jets (plays BUFF), Houston (plays SF), GB (plays SEA) and SF (you guessed it, plays HOU). If they all end up 3-13, the tie breaker is strength of schedule (or lack of strength of schedule in this case). So (from Sportscenter...), New Orleans would get the top pick, followed by GB, NYJ, HOU and then SF. This is assuming they all end up 3-13, a big 'if'.

So I guess if the Texans lose they get Bush (assuming he goes pro).  They control their own destiny.  BUT ...if they win, it gets interesting.  Not sure if this has already been posted, if it has I apologize.  5 teams have the potential of going 3-13 after the games this weekend.  New Orleans (plays TB), the Jets (plays BUFF), Houston (plays SF), GB (plays SEA) and SF (you guessed it, plays HOU).  If they all end up 3-13, the tie breaker is strength of schedule (or lack of strength of schedule in this case).  So (from Sportscenter...), New Orleans would get the top pick, followed by GB, NYJ, HOU and then SF.  This is assuming they all end up 3-13, a big 'if'.

1239303[/snapback]

could happen but Houston is 0-7 on the road this year and teh 49ers actually have a decent rush defense and the Texans cannot pass much.

NO deserves the pick after this year.

could happen but Houston is 0-7 on the road this year and teh 49ers actually have a decent rush defense and the Texans cannot pass much.

1239305[/snapback]

Agreed. After the BS the NFL pulled on New Orleans this year (home opener on your opponents' field????????) they should just hand them Reggie Bush.

Well I would think NO would want a QB and not Reggie

1239309[/snapback]

Agreed - I meant to say that NO should get the first pick as compensation in a way. It would be more prudent for them to move down and get more picks than to take Bush.

So I guess if the Texans lose they get Bush (assuming he goes pro).  They control their own destiny.  BUT ...if they win, it gets interesting.  Not sure if this has already been posted, if it has I apologize.  5 teams have the potential of going 3-13 after the games this weekend.  New Orleans (plays TB), the Jets (plays BUFF), Houston (plays SF), GB (plays SEA) and SF (you guessed it, plays HOU).  If they all end up 3-13, the tie breaker is strength of schedule (or lack of strength of schedule in this case).  So (from Sportscenter...), New Orleans would get the top pick, followed by GB, NYJ, HOU and then SF.  This is assuming they all end up 3-13, a big 'if'.

1239303[/snapback]

I posed the same question here, my curiousity was piqued if this was to situation came about.

Agreed.  After the BS the NFL pulled on New Orleans this year (home opener on your opponents' field????????) they should just hand them Reggie Bush.

1239306[/snapback]

Don't agree. They have a talented team. The NFL should hand then a decent owner instead.

yeah seriously....anybody heard of Deuce????  he's really good.  SF needs Bush more than any of those top 5.

1239310[/snapback]

Remember when the Saints drafted Deuce? They had a pretty good runner then too by the name of Ricky Williams and we saw how that played out. I'm all about taking the best player available.

Can us Lions fans get a new owner too? 

We've been waiting a LOOOOONG Time here as well for something to root for.

1239541[/snapback]

Abspolutely. Have Millen tell Mr Ford he's fired. Make it a pay per view please.

yeah seriously....anybody heard of Deuce????  he's really good.  SF needs Bush more than any of those top 5.

1239310[/snapback]

I disagree, Green Bay needs Bush more than any of the top 5.

SF- Frank Gore-Kevan Barlow

Hou-Domanick Davis

NYJ-Curtis Martin :D

NO-Deuce

GB-Samkon Gado & Tony Fisher (Green and Davenport (the mad crapper) are both free agents and probably won't be back.

I do believe the other 4 all need QB's, which could bode well for GB. Or, at least, I am praying it bodes well for GB and they land Bush.

I think that San Diego could play a big role in what happens with the #1 this year. Yeah, I’m a homer, but look at what could happen.

In either case, both NO and HOU need a QB. San Diego has two of them.

Bentson claims to have lost $45 million this year and is also know as a cheepskate anyway. He would much rather trade his #1 and get Rivers, under contract, than have to dole out the cash that the #1 overall would demand.

Houston also needs a QB, and I could see the Texans interested in a player like Rivers OR Breese. The money saved by signing either is favorable to having to sign the #1 overall.

The Boltz are 20 mil under the cap for next year and could sign Bush at #1 and still have money to play with! Though it could be a PR nightmare to lose Breese (I am in the minority, but would prefer to keep Rivers over Drew), the PR bonus by signing the hometown kid (Bush) would balance it out.

Could you imagine an offense that puts LT in the backfield, Gates at TE and runs Bush out of the Slot/WR positions? That would be SWEET, and it could happen. Bush could give LT a breather at RB and you don’t lose anything!

I know it is a dream, but one that could happen. We’ll see.

I've read several comments in these Bush threads about HOU needing a QB. GET OVER IT. The Texans will be keeping Carr. I don't if that is a good thing or not, but there is no doubt Carr stays.

1240040[/snapback]

Agreed. For some reason Carr gets a 'pass' for the terrible seasons whereas Joey Harrington will most likely lose his job in DET. Seems like everyone firmly believes that if Carr had protection, he'd be a great QB. Not sure why, but no way HOU goes after a QB in the first two rounds next year.

Agreed.  For some reason Carr gets a 'pass' for the terrible seasons whereas Joey Harrington will most likely lose his job in DET.  Seems like everyone firmly believes that if Carr had protection, he'd be a great QB.  Not sure why, but no way HOU goes after a QB in the first two rounds next year.

1240065[/snapback]

I agree. And besides if they did go after a QB, I would much rather see them go after Vince Young, someone who wouldnt need as much help from the o-line. I know Vince has said that he was gonna return to UT next year, but he also said he would love to play for his hometown Texans.

I think the only reason Harrington gets more flack is because he "supposedly" has more talent at the skill positions. I'm not really buying that, though.

First of all, the Saints need a QB, not a RB.

Secondly, Houston needs an offensive line, not a QB, RB or WR. They should trade that pick away.

I would be willing to take a bet that this incredible hype on Bush never pans out. Not saying bust like Kajanna Carter, but it's way out of hand. This guy will probably not even get into camp on time because his agent will be holding out for the largest contract of all time due to this insane hype being built up around him already. If you read enough or listen to NFL radio long enough, you start to believe they are also awarding a Lombardi Trophy to the team that drafts him.

nobody would believe that the Saints would draft Bush, so nobody would trade up.

1239659[/snapback]

Wrongo, my friend - you trade up to prevent the possibility of someone else trading with the Saints and grabbing the player everyone has an unholy man-crush on.

The Saints don't even need to have a trade partner, they just need to blow enough smoke to scare the pants of some team.

1239305[/snapback]

yah but NO could survive with the 2nd pick, because they'd probably just grab leinart anyway. no need for bushy boy.

Don't agree. They have a talented team. The NFL should hand then a decent owner instead.

1239356[/snapback]

i just heard that the idiot owner Benson has been whining about not having enough money to get a 1st overall pick signed??? double yew tee eff? no, not due to salary cap, but due to not being able to afford it...that is just off the wall to me... if you can't afford to spend....alot ($500 mil a year maybe?) you SHOULD NOT HAVE A TEAM. and you should be ridiculed for it. Jesus, what the hell is wrong with that idiot? he fights fans, he won't follow his team to certain stadiums, he's broke, he's stupid...seriously...

Agreed.  For some reason Carr gets a 'pass' for the terrible seasons whereas Joey Harrington will most likely lose his job in DET.  Seems like everyone firmly believes that if Carr had protection, he'd be a great QB.  Not sure why, but no way HOU goes after a QB in the first two rounds next year.

1240065[/snapback]

Harrington makes terrible decisions. Carr has bad habits, due to having no time to search for open recievers. Carr drops back, and like the mouse getting shocked when he goes for the cheese, Carr dumps it to the first designed option in the play. He never has time to look for that second option, and if he actually gets, he doesn't know it, because he's already dumped it due to instincts.

Carr is always smiling and optomistic, never blames anyone and that's awesome for someone who's been sacked like a prom date.