[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were Reggie Bush.....

Skilly

....would you be talking to New Orleans and telling them not to draft you? (assuming they are in that position)

I mean, that franchise is in shambles. They have no home, a history of losing, a lame duck coach, and will have a new quarterback. There is no forseeable hope for this franchise in the next 4 years.

It's going to be interesting come April, that's for sure.

....would you be talking to New Orleans and telling them not to draft you?  (assuming they are in that position)

I mean, that franchise is in shambles.  They have no home, a history of losing, a lame duck coach, and will have a new quarterback.  There is no forseeable hope for this franchise in the next 4 years.

It's going to be interesting come April, that's for sure.

1239350[/snapback]

Well, actually...he'll have a new coach(doubt it, but possibly Carroll), one of the best training facilities in the NFL & the dome will be ready to play in at some point next year. As for the hope part, there's always hope. But if I were a player of his caliber I would look at it as a chance to be the guy who brought a franchise out of the deepest darkest hole any NFL team has ever been in. That may be just wishful thinking on my part though. :D

I think Leinart has to worry about this more than Reggie Bush does.

1239376[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. I'm not sold on the Saints going after Bush. They really need a QB more provided Deuce's knee is coming along well enough. Of course I'm usually wrong about their drafts so...

I'd have to agree. I'm not sold on the Saints going after Bush. They really need a QB more provided Deuce's knee is coming along well enough. Of course I'm usually wrong about their drafts so...

1239461[/snapback]

Injuries to Duece the last two years might make the Saints take Bush if they end up in the first slot. IMO they would be better off going for a qb (Lienart) and then trying to pickup a RB via trade or FA. (Bring back Ricky? :doah: )

Ah, the Elway/Eli effect is about to possibly rear it's ugly head? I still think that is BS-you play where you were drafted. This BS keeps up, the draft will become obsolete.

1239462[/snapback]

I could certainly see a scenario where Bush tries one of the infamous "If you draft me I won't sign with you." He seems to be a good kid but whispering agents and the like can change things. Especially since he is touted as the class of the draft.

The top five picks (not in order) and priority (IMO)

Saints - QB, then RB

Texans - QB (Carr is awful)

Niners - RB (failed RBBC)

Packers - RB (Gado- too many ???)

Jets - RB/QB (maybe Bush could play both)

The top five picks (not in order) and priority (IMO)

Saints  - QB, then RB

Texans - QB (Carr is awful)

Niners -  RB (failed RBBC)

Packers - RB (Gado- too many ???)

Jets - RB/QB (maybe Bush could play both)

1239484[/snapback]

This makes sense, except the Carr piece. The guy isn't awful at all, his O-Line is. One thing you can say about Carr is that he is durable and doesn't lack for courage after playing behind that shambles all year. Given a decent O-Line and WRs, Carr is more than serviceable.

This makes sense, except the Carr piece.  The guy isn't awful at all, his O-Line is.  One thing you can say about Carr is that he is durable and doesn't lack for courage after playing behind that shambles all year.  Given a decent O-Line and WRs, Carr is more than serviceable.

1239497[/snapback]

:D Well put!

What do you want to bet after the rose Bowl Leinart is regretting his decision not to leave last yr.

It will take years to get that team out of New Orleans, if it ever leaves and Cali Boy Leinart passed a chance to go to a team with rich history the 49ers, and live in his own backyard, for New Orleans. I bet he is hoping and praying the Aints win this week. Think about it, besides Mike tice they have the worst coach in the NFL, probably the cheapest owner, though the Bengals and Cardinals owners are pretty cheap too. By far the least disciplined team, and the closest thing in the US to a 3rd wolrd country for a place to live. Free Agents dont want to go there, there is no way Carroll is going to New Orleans, and they were too cheap to fire their coach, even though he is terrible, because he had another yr on his contract. Seriously what Coach would take over a franchsie like the Aints. Leinart has to look no further than Archie Manning to see his future with that franchise.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

This makes sense, except the Carr piece.  The guy isn't awful at all, his O-Line is.  One thing you can say about Carr is that he is durable and doesn't lack for courage after playing behind that shambles all year.  Given a decent O-Line and WRs, Carr is more than serviceable.

1239497[/snapback]

He also doesn't have a big ego and evaluates himself very well. The Texans could let him test the open market and sign him for less, but it looks like they want to keep him.

I think with a decent O line he could be very good. Andre could be a stud.

Ah, the Elway/Eli effect is about to possibly rear it's ugly head? I still think that is BS-you play where you were drafted. This BS keeps up, the draft will become obsolete.

1239462[/snapback]

:D AMEN :D

:D Shut up and play!! Get to camp on time, work your butt off, let your play on the field make your name for you ... then start looking around if you must. Until then, shut up and play!! :D

If Reggie Bush is as humble and classy as Huddlers have reported, we'll have none of the "I don't want to play with/for losers" ... He'll become an anchor a team can build around, like Ladanian ... Here's hoping!!

I'm almost positive Leinart will be a Saint and, yes, he'll probably wish he came out as a junior.

However, it wouldn't be all bad for Leinart. I mean, he'll have a great supporting cast on offense. Throwing to Horn, Stallworth, and Hilton, handing off to Deuce, etc. Plus, the Saints didn't know it at the time, but they drafted Leinart's blind-side protector last year -- Jammal Brown.

With the right coach, Leinart could have success relatively quickly. Of course, they'd have to hire another legitimate West-Coast offensive coordinator, like they had in McCarthy. I honestly think Aaron Brooks could have been a great QB in a different scheme, but he just doesn't have the accuracy to succeed in the WCO.

In fact, Brooks would be a great fit in the Jets offense, under Heimerdinger... :D

What was this thread about again?

I know I posted this in the other thread, but...

I think that San Diego could play a big role in what happens with the #1 this year. Yeah, I’m a homer, but look at what could happen.

In either case, both NO and HOU need a QB. San Diego has two of them.

Bentson claims to have lost $45 million this year and is also know as a cheepskate anyway. He would much rather trade his #1 and get Rivers, under contract, than have to dole out the cash that the #1 overall would demand.

Houston also needs a QB, and I could see the Texans interested in a player like Rivers OR Breese. The money saved by signing either is favorable to having to sign the #1 overall.

The Boltz are 20 mil under the cap for next year and could sign Bush at #1. Though it could be a PR nightmare to lose Breese (I am in the minority, but would prefer to keep Rivers over Drew), the PR bonus by signing the hometown kid would balance it out.

Could you imagine an offense that puts LT in the backfield, Gates at TE and runs Bush out of the Slot/WR positions? That would be SWEET, and it could happen. Bush could give LT a breather at RB and you don’t lose anything!

I know it is a dream, but one that could happen. We’ll see.

I think that San Diego could play a big role in what happens with the #1 this year.  Yeah, I’m a homer, but look at what could happen.

In either case, both NO and HOU need a QB.  San Diego has two of them. 

Bentson claims to have lost $45 million this year and is also know as a cheepskate anyway.  He would much rather trade his #1 and get Rivers, under contract, than have to dole out the cash that the #1 overall would demand.

Houston also needs a QB, and I could see the Texans interested in a player like Rivers OR Breese.  The money saved by signing either is favorable to having to sign the #1 overall.

The Boltz are 20 mil under the cap for next year and could sign Bush at #1.  Though it could be a PR nightmare to lose Breese (I am in the minority, but would prefer to keep Rivers over Drew), the PR bonus by signing the hometown kid would balance it out.

Could you imagine an offense that puts LT in the backfield, Gates at TE and runs Bush out of the Slot/WR positions?  That would be SWEET, and it could happen.  Bush could give LT a breather at RB and you don’t lose anything! 

I know it is a dream, but one that could happen.  We’ll see.

1240032[/snapback]

First off, I wouldnt say that the Texans need a new quarterback. Its sort of hard to do anything positive when you are running for your life on 95% of the plays.

The Texans are not going to trade the #1 overall pick (if they get it) for Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers. If they could keep him upright, Carr has as much upside as Brees IMO, and Rivers is still very unproven on the pro level. I dont blame you for hoping, but this deal isn't gonna happen.

I think that San Diego could play a big role in what happens with the #1 this year.  Yeah, I’m a homer, but look at what could happen.

In either case, both NO and HOU need a QB.  San Diego has two of them. 

Bentson claims to have lost $45 million this year and is also know as a cheepskate anyway.  He would much rather trade his #1 and get Rivers, under contract, than have to dole out the cash that the #1 overall would demand.

Houston also needs a QB, and I could see the Texans interested in a player like Rivers OR Breese.  The money saved by signing either is favorable to having to sign the #1 overall.

The Boltz are 20 mil under the cap for next year and could sign Bush at #1.  Though it could be a PR nightmare to lose Breese (I am in the minority, but would prefer to keep Rivers over Drew), the PR bonus by signing the hometown kid would balance it out.

Could you imagine an offense that puts LT in the backfield, Gates at TE and runs Bush out of the Slot/WR positions?  That would be SWEET, and it could happen.  Bush could give LT a breather at RB and you don’t lose anything! 

I know it is a dream, but one that could happen.  We’ll see.

1240032[/snapback]

Since Houston has said they will pick up Carr's option(costing what-7 million) they are saying they don't need a QB.

They could let him walk and sign him back for less money, but I hear they will pay.

Carr isn't a star, but I think he is a good QB. Good enough to win with if the O line could actually protect him a little. New Orleans, Detroit and the Jets could be interested.

I'd like to see what Carr can do with a decent line. Along with Davis and Andre they could be good.

Since Houston has said they will pick up Carr's option(costing what-7 million) they are saying they don't need a QB.

They could let him walk and sign him back for less money, but I hear they will pay.

Carr isn't a star, but I think he is a good QB. Good enough to win with if the O line could actually protect him a little. New Orleans, Detroit and the Jets could be interested.

I'd like to see what Carr can do with a decent line. Along with Davis and Andre they could be good.

1240056[/snapback]

I haven't seen the above news on Carr. I though t that they had their doubts. I know I do, but I am not the guy that decides now am I!?!?

This does change the scenario, and I don't think the Texans would do the trade if they do resign him.

I still think the NO scenario is workable/realistic, and thought it was more likely than the Texans deal anyway.

It is nice to dream though!

you can be assured that NO is not a chart topper for places draftees wanna be, therefore, NO will be spending EXTRA cash to get those they want/need. My guess is it comes out BEFORE the draft the NO Saints are now the LA Saints. Even still, extra cash will seal the deal for whoever the Saints want.