[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

About DMD's Favre predictions

cre8tiff

Interesting perspective on DMD's prediction. Now I have Favre on my team, and in our system he has gained a LOT of points over the season. I counted on sitting him this last week, due to matchup (and recent performance).

Enter the projections...:D

What an interesting quandry for the Seattle team. Playing against a living legend in possibly his last game at home ever, in a game that means nothing to your playoff plans. Could see how the romance of it all could get to EVERY athelete on the field, not just then Pack.

HOWEVER, I find it hard that any professional team would just go belly up for "warm fuzzies". But, again this game means NOTHING to thier record or playoff pairing.

It would be interesting to see what other games of this kind have cropped up in the past. I remember Montana's last game as a Chief, it was NOT pretty... :D

Edited by cre8tiff

It is a combination of things that led to the projection and let's be serious - in a week 17 game with no consequnces, it's hard to rely on anything happening.

I do like Favre wanting to go out with a bang in front of the hometown fans that have had little else to applaud this year.

As mentioned, the Seahawks will likely be sitting a lot of secondary players - Macus Trufant hurt his back last week and sat out of that game. His replacement Jimmy Williams sprained his knee and Seattle ended up using Michael Hardin last week who just joined the team earlier in December. Kelly Herndon has been out for a month with a strained knee and Andre Dyson has a high ankle sprain and will be out.

I just think the stage is set for a nice send off. Sunday is supposed to be clear in GB too.

If this is indeed Favre's last game, I hope it is a great one. Coming from a Lion's fan :D who hated Favre early in his career, I have really grown to love to watch him play. He really seems to have fun while playing and is one of the greatest to play the position.

If this is indeed Favre's last game, I hope it is a great one.  Coming from a Lion's fan :D who hated Favre early in his career, I have really grown to love to watch him play.  He really seems to have fun while playing and is one of the greatest to play the position.

1240561[/snapback]

he aint having fun this season and that sucks. You can tell by watching him, he's hating life. Remember last year in the playoffs when he tossed that TD pass about 15 yrds past the line of scrimmage and just laughed? he was having fun then and not even the playoffs could take that away. He is truly a great. I'm not a GB fan or anything, but I'm hurting watching him struggle so much. :D

he aint having fun this season and that sucks. You can tell by watching him, he's hating life. Remember last year in the playoffs when he tossed that TD pass about 15 yrds past the line of scrimmage and just laughed? he was having fun then and not even the playoffs could take that away. He is truly a great. I'm not a GB fan or anything, but I'm hurting watching him struggle so much. :D

1240596[/snapback]

When he jumps in his center's arms ar=fter a score he is still having fun.

When he jumps in his center's arms ar=fter a score he is still having fun.

1240602[/snapback]

yah but that only happens every 2 or 9 interceptions :D Favre is used to leaving the field due to one of his TD passes, not due to his 3 or 4 straight INTs.... but it is nice to see him laugh and get excited.

yah but that only happens every 2 or 9 interceptions :D Favre is used to leaving the field due to one of his TD passes, not due to his 3 or 4 straight INTs.... but it is nice to see him laugh and get excited.

1240605[/snapback]

Yes, there isn't a lot to be excited about anymore, but he still seems to have love for the game. I hope he comes ack and has 1 more year with better players around him. I would hate to see himk go out like this. He could go to another team thouigh. He has been hinting at it I believe.

farve on another team? that would be like Damon going to the yankees...never mind, guess Orton and Grossman are gonna be out of a job next season

1240683[/snapback]

I know, or Jerry Rice on the Raiders. :D

Or Marcus Allen on the Chielfs.

Or Michael Strahan a Cowboy. Wait that hasn't happened ... yet.

This didn't convince me.

Pregame Notes: This is the final conclusion to a nightmare season that has witnessed almost every offensive star become injured and miss time other than Favre who was injured but never missed time because he is Brett Favre. This could be the final game by one of the great ones and Favre is one of the most popular players in the game today. The Seahawks do not care what happens on the scoreboard in this game but Favre still does. This game seems destined for a nice sendoff by Favre who is likely at the end of a glorious career.

Quarterback: Only Brett Favre could throw 27 interceptions in one season and yet still be considered an absolute lock for the Hall of Fame. This is likely his final game according to popular opinion and one that he will want to serve as the final period to his book of greatness.

1240557[/snapback]

Neither did this.

It is a combination of things that led to the projection and let's be serious - in a week 17 game with no consequnces, it's hard to rely on anything happening.

I do like Favre wanting to go out with a bang in front of the hometown fans that have had little else to applaud this year.

As mentioned, the Seahawks will likely be sitting a lot of secondary players - Macus Trufant hurt his back last week and sat out of that game. His replacement Jimmy Williams sprained his knee and Seattle ended up using Michael Hardin last week who just joined the team earlier in December. Kelly Herndon has been out for a month with a strained knee and Andre Dyson has a high ankle sprain and will be out.

1240557[/snapback]

This did.

Sunday is supposed to be clear in GB too.

1240557[/snapback]

:D

I still believe Favre comes back ..i know it is hard to beleive that at this moment ..but a few months in the offseason , with the return of Javon Walker and perhaps the acquisition of a solid RB , may do the trick for him to return

if not he is going out in a bad way for a future HOF ...which does happen but i do not see it happening for Favre

I think Farve is going to get whacked like he does every other week these days. You have to remember that the Seattle D gains nothing by letting Farve's third string recievers beat them. The Seattle corners will get a chance to shine as they go into the play-offs and feel great about themselves. They won't give that up to ease Brett's pain at the end of his (great) career.

I'm a go with DMD's prediction in my last week of salary cap leagues .. in one, I have a larger point lead than team #2 has ever scored in a single week, so I can afford to take a risk with the title virtually secured ... and in the other, I'm #2, down by 3 tds -- so need some sort of surprise play that hits big to get me that championship ... and it will be hugh fun to root for Favre, so I'm going all in on Green Bay's #4! :D

:D GO GET'EM BRETT!! :D