[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Hire McCarthy

Guest Sores

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagodzinksi is one of two guys McCarthy is targeting as OC. 

1261625[/snapback]

Where is this quote from? My friend Google couldn't find it.

The more I see about him, the more I don't like this choice. :D

1262585[/snapback]

:D I'm not particularly a Mike Sherman fan, but I don't get where McCarthy is anything approaching a "fresh start" or upgrade.

Well, Favre may come back now which I would like to see. He can do well with a healthy cast to play with.

I hope Bates stays.

1262667[/snapback]

What direction do you think the Packers should take?

Should they try and keep Favre or move him?

I am not looking at this as a Viking fan and being biased, but if I was the GM, I would probably try and move Favre and maybe get a draft pick. That would open up your salary cap. You have a 1st round draft pick (QB) waiting in the wings. I believe that if you keep Favre, that will set you back two years in the rebuilding process.

I am not looking at this as a Viking fan and being biased, but if I was the GM, I would probably try and move Favre and maybe get a draft pick. That would open up your salary cap. You have a 1st round draft pick (QB) waiting in the wings. I believe that if you keep Favre, that will set you back two years in the rebuilding process.

1262767[/snapback]

Favre has said repeatedly he will not play anywhere else. Moot point.

Didn't the 49ers have one of the worst offenses in NFL history?  How did this dude get promoted after a stint like that?

1261007[/snapback]

Out of the seven that interviewed for the job, he was dead a$$ last on my list... In the press conference he seemed arrogant, and seemed to boast as to what he did over the past few years... Thats great, but I want a team that will make the playoffs...

Any word on whether he retains Bates (or if Bates wants to stay)?

1261016[/snapback]

Bates was the guy I really wanted. I hoped he'd be named head coach, and then draft AJ Hawk. I don't see Bates wanting to stay, and I wouldnt either. So sad to see a defense coming together, and then see the DC take off..

And with the first pick in the 2007 draft, the Green Bay Packers select...

1262767[/snapback]

This is the NFL, not Madden...

Out of the seven that interviewed for the job, he was dead a$$ last on my list...  In the press conference he seemed arrogant, and seemed to boast as to what he did over the past few years... Thats great, but I want a team that will make the playoffs...

Bates was the guy I really wanted.  I hoped he'd be named head coach, and then draft AJ Hawk.  I don't see Bates wanting to stay, and I wouldnt either.  So sad to see a defense coming together, and then see the DC take off..

And with the first pick in the 2007 draft, the Green Bay Packers select...

1262772[/snapback]

What has Thompson done? Last year Miami wanted to keep Bates and even though Saban was his friend he moved on. He may again. Who knows?

I would have kept Sherman unless someone much better was available. Next year Charlie Weiss may consider going pro, but if not I wouldn't have fired Sherman unless someone real good was out there.

Thompson is taking a risk hoping Bates will stay.

This is the NFL, not Madden...

1262773[/snapback]

No kidding - Its a legitmate question. You will have almost 30 million under the cap without Favre. I am just asking to see what you guys think, but its obvious its pretty sensitive subject for most. BTW - I love your sigline.