[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Haslett to Detroit Rumors..

BigTen

If this happens I will no longer be a Lions fan :D:D

"I do not," Kowalski says. He believes Haslett and Grimm are the leaders. He thinks it tilts toward Haslett because he's been a head coach. he knows what works and doesn't work. He'll have detractors, but he's got what Millen is looking for. Tom compares Haslett to Belichick's Cleveland scenario. That's why he gives the edge to Haslett.

Apparently not

I am sorry but you cannot even use those two in the same sentence, let alone compare them.

Edited by BigTen

Haslett came from the Steelers. I thought he was over-rated as a Defensive Coordinator, and felt that he did a piss-poor job in his stay at New Orleans. He doesn't seem to have a likeable personality, and I don't see why he is so well thought of. Russ Grimm is awesome and I'd hate to see the Steelers lose him. That said, I think the Lions go with Haslett. :D

That comparison makes me  :D .  Haslett had so much more talent to work with.  Is Millen TRYING to get fired?

1261641[/snapback]

I think it has already been proven that Millen can't be fired. With the mess he's made already, and he get's a contract extension? He could hire the Queer Eye for the Straight Guys to coach and the Ford's would probably think it's a great idea :D

Lions fans are screwed :D

I can't believe it's come to this for Lions fans.

Grimm or Haslett?

The problem is Millen, and as long as he's drafting they have no hope. How do you get a free agent to come to Detroit? Detroit is forced to overspend or go for guys no one wants ala Garcia.

I really think if you are going for a retread, go get Sherman.

I'm so happy, I root for another team...but as a Turkey Day watcher. get better soon

I can kind of see the Belichick comparison.

Both were successful DCs who flopped in their first attempt at being a head coach.

But Belichick went back to being a defensive coordinator for several years after he got canned in Cleveland. Haslett should do the same.

Why isn't Al Saunders getting serious consideration for this job?

With that young talent on the offensive side of the ball, seems he would be the perfect coach to bring it all together.

1262764[/snapback]

Because that would make sense. Remember that you cannot use common sense when talking about the Lions. :D

ESPNews is saying that Haslett could be coming to Buffalo.

1262860[/snapback]

Yes, being an ex-LB from the Bills, the word is that

he wants to come to Buffalo, and loves the program.

So looks like he's the front-runner, and will probably get the job IMO.

Yes, being an ex-LB from the Bills, the word is that

he wants to come to Buffalo, and loves the program.

So looks like he's the front-runner, and will probably get the job IMO.

1263660[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Please do not go to the Lions, Please do not go to the Lions....