[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional weekend gambling!

godtomsatan

Here's my weekend thoughts, for those who are interested in critiquing.

Redskins @ Seahawks:

SEA -9.5 (41)

If I was indifferent to a rooting interest in this game, I would understand why someone would jump all over the Redskins +9.5. Because I'm a Seahawk fan, if someone suggests such a thing I will rip them a new one. Call it a visualization technique.

It strikes me that 9.5 is a lot to give a team that has NEVER won a football game in the month of January. For this reason and this reason alone, I stay away from this game.

Though I'm going to check the odds out on putting money on a PUSH for the total. 21-20, 24-17, 27-14, 28-13, 31-10, 34-7, 35-6, 38-3, 41-0.....has a nice ring to it. Does anyone know where someone could do such a thing off the top of their head?

Patriots @ Broncos

DEN -3 (44)

I've had a sneaky feeling lately that a weaker-than-first-glance schedule has masked the overall quality of this Bronco team. The Patriots demonstrated last week how powerful the intangible experience factor can be up against a team that hasn't "been there" before.

The last time the Broncos played on Divisional weekend? 1998. I'm calling for the upset, or at least an epic 21-20 kind of battle.

NE +3 / UNDER 44

Steelers @ Colts

IND -9.5 (47)

The moral and right thing to do is choose Indy and the points this weekend. A blowout. Marvin Harrison on the first offensive play for 88 yards kind of blowout.

The inner contrarian suggests that the Steelers have been playing better football than just about everyone over the last several weeks, and that double digits is a bit of a stretch for a peaking team. Just in case that's the correct logic in this game, I'm stating that I was conflicted.

IND -9.5 / UNDER 47

Panthers @ Bears

CHI -3 (30.5)

Everything about this game, and everyone paid to dicuss it, is screaming CAROLINA! To that I say, CHICAGO!

Yes, last week was an impressive victory on the road for the Panthers. Yes, this is a more experienced version of the same team that took the NFC two years ago. And no, the Bears have not won a playoff game since Lewis Tillman roamed in the backfield.

I just don't like backing teams that are hot and cold the way the Panthers have been this season. I do say it's a low scorer though.

CHI -3 / UNDER 30.5

Edited by godtomsatan

Here's my weekend thoughts, for those who are interested in critiquing.

Redskins @ Seahawks:

SEA -9.5 (41)

If I was indifferent to a rooting interest in this game, I would understand why someone would jump all over the Redskins +9.5. Because I'm a Seahawk fan, if someone suggests such a thing I will rip them a new one. Call it a visualization technique.

It strikes me that 9.5 is a lot to give a team that has NEVER won a football game in the month of January. For this reason and this reason alone, I stay away from this game.

Though I'm going to check the odds out on putting money on a PUSH for the total. 21-20, 24-17, 27-14, 28-13, 31-10, 34-7, 35-6, 38-3, 41-0.....has a nice ring to it. Does anyone know where someone could do such a thing off the top of their head?

Patriots @ Broncos

DEN -3 (44)

I've had a sneaky feeling lately that a weaker-than-first-glance schedule has masked the overall quality of this Bronco team. The Patriots demonstrated last week how powerful the intangible experience factor can be up against a team that hasn't "been there" before.

The last time the Broncos played on Divisional weekend? 1998. I'm calling for the upset, or at least an epic 21-20 kind of battle.

NE +3 / UNDER 44

Steelers @ Colts

IND -9.5 (47)

The moral and right thing to do is choose Indy and the points this weekend. A blowout. Marvin Harrison on the first offensive play for 88 yards kind of blowout.

The inner contrarian suggests that the Steelers have been playing better football than just about everyone over the last several weeks, and that double digits is a bit of a stretch for a peaking team. Just in case that's the correct logic in this game, I'm stating that I was conflicted.

IND -9.5 / UNDER 47

Panthers @ Bears

CHI -3 (30.5)

Everything about this game, and everyone paid to dicuss it, is screaming CAROLINA!  To that I say, CHICAGO!

Yes, last week was an impressive victory on the road for the Panthers. Yes, this is a more experienced version of the same team that took the NFC two years ago. And no, the Bears have not won a playoff game since Lewis Tillman roamed in the backfield.

I just don't like backing teams that are hot and cold the way the Panthers have been this season. I do say it's a low scorer though.

CHI -3 / UNDER 30.5

1263220[/snapback]

Right on the money! I've parlayed all these plus teased combos of them and taken some straight up

:D:D

Gonna take a pass on the over/unders in all the games except the bears gonna take a straight line on the under.

I like your insight a lot. I'm a hardcore Bears fan and will be putting some money on the game in favor of the Bears. People need to start believing in them.

I agree with you on everything else also. With the other NFC game, I'm very tempted to take the points with Washington. They are gonna play them tough and if Seattle wins this one, I don't think it'll be more than a touchdown.

I plan to do a couple of teasers. Should a be a VERY fun weekend.

Right on the money! I've parlayed all these plus teased combos of them and taken some straight up

:D  :D

Gonna take a pass on the over/unders in all the games except the bears gonna take a straight line on the under.

1263231[/snapback]

This is the smart way to wager, especially this week. Two or three team 7 point teasers, ie SEA -2.5, IND -2.5, CHI +4...even CAR +10 sounds VERY nice.

Waiting for some more movement to work the total points line, should see some today.

Edited by Gdawg

This may sound wierd, but when I tell people ahead of time what I'm going to bet on, I seem to lose 90% of the time.

Week 17 I had a field day - I went 6-0 on a combination of teasers, O/Us and straight bets and brought home a nice paycheck. I told a few friends about it and they gave me the old "yeah, right" look.

So last week, I figured I'd advertise my picks ahead of time. Suffice to say, I got my ass handed to me and gave back almost all of my previous week's gains.

From now on, it's between me and the bookie.

This may sound wierd, but when I tell people ahead of time what I'm going to bet on, I seem to lose 90% of the time.

Week 17 I had a field day - I went 6-0 on a combination of teasers, O/Us and straight bets and brought home a nice paycheck.  I told a few friends about it and they gave me the old "yeah, right" look.

So last week, I figured I'd advertise my picks ahead of time.  Suffice to say, I got my ass handed to me and gave back almost all of my previous week's gains.

From now on, it's between me and the bookie.

1263535[/snapback]

Now I feel even better about the Steelers victory last week. :D

What's with the Bronco's and weak schedule.  Look at the Pats schedule, now that's weak.  Denver wins and covers this week....count on it!

1263445[/snapback]

I was scrolling down to post this same thing...

Denver had a weak schedule???

New England had a pathetically weak schedule. The only good team they beat all regular season was Tampa Bay. It's easy to go an a late season win streak when you play the Jets and Buffalo twice. :D

Denver had a weak schedule???

1264555[/snapback]

"weaker-than-first-glance" is how I described Denver's schedule. They haven't played a meaningful game since Week 7 @ the Meadowlands vs. the Giants, and while Dallas, Kansas City, and San Diego are at least OK squads, all were down and practically out by the time the Broncos matched up with them.

"weaker-than-first-glance" is how I described Denver's schedule. They haven't played a meaningful game since Week 7 @ the Meadowlands vs. the Giants, and while Dallas, Kansas City, and San Diego are at least OK squads, all were down and practically out by the time the Broncos matched up with them.

1264800[/snapback]

Didn't Denver have 13 wins? I don't care what your schedule looks like, you win 13 games and thats impressive. NE on the other hand won what, 10 games? In that division? 6 of those games were gimmes. They are playing very well right now, not like when they played DEN the first time. I like DEN to win this one though personally.

Didn't Denver have 13 wins?  I don't care what your schedule looks like, you win 13 games and thats impressive.  NE on the other hand won what, 10 games?  In that division?  6 of those games were gimmes.  They are playing very well right now, not like when they played DEN the first time.  I like DEN to win this one though personally.

1264923[/snapback]

People should look at Denver's late season performances. They weren't exactly the model of consistency, but they did beat some good teams. In particular they laid a whooping on SD in week 17 with their second stringers. That shows hunger and depth.

People should also look at the Pats doen the stretch to get an idea of what to expect. The Pats of weeks 1-8 are not showing up. The Pats team that made mincemeat out of TB and Jax, and came within 2 points of beating Miami with their special teams player playing 3 way football is the team that's showing up.

What's been great about this Pats team is their ability to just shut down the line of scrimage. Denver is one of the 5 toughest teams to do that to (KC, SEA, PIT, and IND Being the other 4). It's a tall order, and that will be the determining factor IMHO. The Pats offense will probably play well and be it's playoff efficient self. The Denver D is good enough to not let them get out of hand, but not good enough to shut them down completely. This game is all about the Pats D versus the Bronco's O, which is great because you have the 2 best HCs on those respective sides of the ball gameplanning against one another.

And while I think Bill Belichick is the better coach, you have to give the edge to Shanny here. What I hear out of Denver is that Shanny has been targeting the Pats for like 5 weeks. He could have overthought it in that time, but more likrly he has found some squishy parts in the Pats defense and will exploit them relentlessly. I just hope BB can cover those spots.

I have over 18.5 in 2nd half for the bail out..7 scored with 1 min left in 3rd sea driving

1265787[/snapback]

He hits that FG I win..Megan Foxbag