[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

CaptainHook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:fingerstickinglargeobjectinbiermiester:

and biermeister likes it! that figures.

1266255[/snapback]

:D we have another 14 year old on board

oh yeah.... it's people like you that have created the animocity toward the pats

Our D wasn't our problem tonight. It was all about the turnovers. It happened last week and they bounced our way. This week, not so much.

1266268[/snapback]

But the defense prevented NE from having a top seed, and a bye. It's a tougher road. I've seen it.

:D  we have another 14 year old on board

oh yeah.... it's people like you that have created the animocity toward the pats

1266270[/snapback]

ya, i'm sure...no go back to bed with your sista...sleep tight, Megan Fox!! :D

ya, i'm sure...no go back to bed with your sista...sleep tight, Megan Fox!! :D

1266275[/snapback]

come back when you have something to add..... learn a little something about football then come chat.... blind homerism and namecalling doesn't cut it.

--2 minutes in the half, pats moving the ball = fumble

--ensuing kick off = fumble

--2nd half, pats ready to score, pick and almost a td the other way

--def hold, punt muffed

--desperation int

There may be a few, but I believe it rare that a team can win a playoff game with 5 turnovers.

I wa rooting for the pats because I thought a new eng - indy championship game would have been fun.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:huh:;)

I now like all the teams in the playoffs and can be assured to enjoy the Superbowl this year.

Tom Brady 10-1 in the playoffs....

The Pats - at least one loss when playing the same team twice in one season.

Tom Brady - not always a careful field general.

Adam V - once money in the playoffs, once rumored to have icewater running through his veins.

Life is good.

Yeah, I bet Montana was God like in every playoff game he played in. :D

1266231[/snapback]

You be the judge:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MontJo01.htm

1985 nyg L,3-17 26 47 296 0 1

1986 nyg L,3-49 8 15 98 0 2

1987 min L,24-36 12 26 109 0 1

1993 buf L,13-30 9 23 125 0 1

Edited by Chavez

...he says happily,as the Colts won't have to face them again this year.... :D

1266722[/snapback]

Sorta reminds me of GB not having to face their nemesis, the Dallas Cowboys, in '96.

You be the judge:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MontJo01.htm

1985  nyg  L,3-17      26  47  296  0  1 

1986  nyg  L,3-49      8  15    98  0  2

1987  min  L,24-36    12  26  109  0  1 

1993  buf  L,13-30    9  23  125  0  1

1266992[/snapback]

Wow, that Montana guy sucked. Why would Brady want to be like him? :D

Wow, that Montana guy sucked. Why would Brady want to be like him? :D

1267036[/snapback]

brady should want to be like him.... he just isn't yet is all

16-7 in playoffs

5 of those 23 games his int's surpassed td's (Chavez listed 4 of them)

last 2 losses were in KC (though he did take a mediocre offense to an afc chapionship)

the 9ers have had very, very good defenses.... but montana has always been the offense, not just a guy not to turn it over. my point has always been that brady had a tremendous amount of running and defensive support early in his career...... many qb's cold have been inserted in there and had success.... more was on joe's shoulders early on.... don't think a lot of qb's could have done what he did with those early teams. they were not a dynasty over night... maybe the best 20 year run in history.

Edited by Bier Meister

I was just supporting Czarina's point that even Joe God had an off day or two in the playoffs.

1267070[/snapback]

no one is perfect.... i just believe that brady has been over-rated by some people here for some time. i have posted this year that he is finally starting to catch up to that rep. people have compared him to joe (which i strongly disagree with). there have been big differences in their early careers that set them appart imo.....

also...joe has carried his teams to sb's where thus far NE's passing game is not what brought them to sb's.

no one is perfect.... i just believe that brady has been over-rated by some people here for some time.  i have posted this year that he is finally starting to catch up to that rep.  people have compared him to joe (which i strongly disagree with).  there have been big differences in their early careers that set them appart imo.....

also...joe has carried his teams to sb's where thus far NE's passing game is not what brought them to sb's.

1267078[/snapback]

i tend to agree. I feel that manning (or any good QB for that matter) could've taken them to those 3 superbowls standing on their head. Brady is a great QB, but he's PERFECT for the gameplan in NE...he didnt carry his team to the superbowls, he drove them there, but not carried.

I think he'd be the equivalent of a Brees or Green on another team, but he's just outstanding for NE...

However, I give him all the props this year. Without him, the Pats DO NOT make the playoffs this year. However, without the AFC East, the Pats dont make the playoffs either..but I believe he's evolving (due to the freedom Bill gave him this year at the line of scrimmage) into what we could call one of the best QBs of the modern game.

I still believe that title will fall onto Peyton's shoulders eventually, but neither have earned it quite yet.

1267078[/snapback]

Montana carried his team to the 81 title, by the time they beat Miami in 84, the 9ers were pretty well stocked with superior talent.

Since most people can't seem to get Super Bowl rings out of their heads when rating QBs, the only guy who really stands up to comparison with Brady on that level is Montana. I DEFINITELY take Brady over Aikman or Bradshaw.

Montana carried his team to the 81 title, by the time they beat Miami in 84, the 9ers were pretty well stocked with superior talent.

don't forget about 83 (nfc chmp loss vs wash via many bs calls) and montana didn't have rice (as a rookie) until 85... he has only had 2 1000 yd recievers twice in his career.....

Since most people can't seem to get Super Bowl rings out of their heads when rating QBs, the only guy who really stands up to comparison with Brady on that level is Montana. I DEFINITELY take Brady over Aikman or Bradshaw.

so would i

1267092[/snapback]