[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Superbowl Final 4 Ever!

Bonehand

:D Ok maybe that's overselling it a bit, and I know the media would rather have a Dallas/Oakland SB for ratings sake, but there are some cool storylines going on here:

All 4 coaches have taken a team to the SB, & 3 of them have rings to prove it. This is an experienced bunch, & it should make for a well coached game.

IF Denver & SEA end up in the superbowl, being previous divison rivals, there's plenty of history there. Plus you've got the Shanny v. Holmgren 2 / SB XXXII rematch angle.

What am I missing?

Edited by Bonehand

I think only Shanny and Holmgren have won a SB. Fox and Cowher both lost in their appearances (unless Fox got one as an asst.?).

Regardless all are quality HCs and we should have a couple great games this weekend.

Yeah, I agree- I think both games will be outstanding. Sea & Den were solid all year- and Pitt & Carolina have great momentum, and are playing excellent football. Should be an awesome weekend, and living my whole life in Seattle- I for 1 want:

Super Bowl XL

Seattle vs. Denver- :D:D

Would be awesome- old AFC west rival- would love to kick their ass for all those beatings over the years. Ok, Enough- Carolina is gonna be tough, one at a time.

I think only Shanny and Holmgren have won a SB.  Fox and Cowher both lost in their appearances (unless Fox got one as an asst.?).

Regardless all are quality HCs and we should have a couple great games this weekend.

1269798[/snapback]

Whoops, was thinking Cowher won :doah:

What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that while I was stationed in Colorado my wife became a serious Denver Fan :doah: . So, a SEA vs DEN SB makes for a very interesting game in my house. Back then we always said it could never happen, as they were both in the AFC. Little did we know .... :D

The crazy thing is that both the Steelers and Panthers have a legitimate chance of reaching the Superbowl by winning 3 straight road playoff games.

I believe the '85 Pats were the first and only team to accomplish that.

1270029[/snapback]

I was just looking into that. They were the only team I could find that won 3 games on the road in the playoffs. Carolina would have to win a 4th consecutive road game.

The crazy thing is that both the Steelers and Panthers have a legitimate chance of reaching the Superbowl by winning 3 straight road playoff games.

1270029[/snapback]

i believe you are right there.

:D Ok maybe that's overselling it a bit, and I know the media would rather have a Dallas/Oakland SB for ratings sake, but there are some cool storylines going on here:

All 4 coaches have taken a team to the SB, & 3 of them have rings to prove it. This is an experienced bunch, & it should make for a well coached game.

IF Denver & SEA end up in the superbowl, being previous divison rivals, there's plenty of history there. Plus you've got the Shanny v. Holmgren 2 / SB XXXII rematch angle.

What am I missing?

1269772[/snapback]

While I am very happy we don't have something like Dallas vs. Oakland I think you are over-selling it (probably in part because one of your teams is still in the running.) Almost any final 4 you can make a case for some interesting storyline. The fact is that there is nothing that remarkable about the final 4 over just about any other final 4. I will be happy to see any of these teams win the SB besides the Broncos with my first choice being the Seahawks.

While I am very happy we don't have something like Dallas vs. Oakland I think you are over-selling it (probably in part because one of your teams is still in the running.)  Almost any final 4 you can make a case for some interesting storyline.  The fact is that there is nothing that remarkable about the final 4 over just about any other final 4.  I will be happy to see any of these teams win the SB besides the Broncos with my first choice being the Seahawks.

1270121[/snapback]

I realize that, I was simply trying to counter another thread by offering a positive discussion of the possible matchups.

1270029[/snapback]

What about the '81 Raiders?

If Jake Plummer wins the Super Bowl I'll consider never watching another football game for the rest of my life.

1270048[/snapback]

Good info here. These 4 teams would get their ass kicked by every team in the playoffs during the 80s and 90s.