[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Porter isnt getting fined?

NinersIn2006!

How is he not getting fined for his comments??? He only QUESTIONED THE INTEGRITY OF THE LEAGUE!!! Am I the only one that sees that?!?!?!

I already know a lot of you agree with his comments, but I'd prefer to think that the officials or the league do not have a rooting interest in the games. And even if the league did want Peyton in the Super Bowl, I would like to think the refs weren't out there to "cheat" and make that happen!

I'm guessing that this has been in the spotlight long enough and Tags would like the issue to stop being the number one topic in sports discussions. Fining Porter would keep the issue going for a few days, especially after the NFL has already admitted he was right. They would rather the playoff games be the main topic of discussion and not the ineptitude of their refs.

If this were a meaningless game in the middle of the season, I'm guessing Porter would have gotten fined.

Edited by Puddy

How is he not getting fined for his comments???  He only QUESTIONED THE INTEGRITY OF THE LEAGUE!!!  Am I the only one that sees that?!?!?!

I already know a lot of you agree with his comments, but I'd prefer to think that the officials or the league do not have a rooting interest in the games.  And even if the league did want Peyton in the Super Bowl, I would like to think the refs weren't out there to "cheat" and make that happen!

1274404[/snapback]

If the refs hadn't done such a terrible job-he may have!

I'm guessing that this has been in the spotlight long enough and Tags would like the issue to stop being the number one topic in sports discussions.  Fining Porter would keep the issue going for a few days, especially after the NFL has already admitted he was right.  They would the playoff games be the main topic of discussion and not the ineptitude of their refs.

If this were a meaningless game in the middle of the season, I'm guessing Porter would have gotten fined.

1274413[/snapback]

Thats actually probably the best answer I have heard to this! I have been asking this around the office all day!!

Guest THEbigred

They don't fine players for simply being a-holes and flapping their gums mindlessly. If they did, Owens would be filing for bankruptcy about now.

They don't fine players for simply being a-holes and flapping their gums mindlessly.  If they did, Owens would be filing for bankruptcy about now.

1274420[/snapback]

I dont know...I hear you, and pretty funny comment actually :D

BUT in my opinion, he was not just "flapping his gums". He questioned the integrity of the league. That is worse than anything TO ever did or said. And I dont buy the "it was heat of the moment out of frustration" take.

Maybe I am letting these latest comments bother me too much...but to me its sooo much worse than him calling Indy a bunch of sissies like he did last week...

I just feel like if you say that the league wants a certain outcome, and is willing to influence the refs to acheive that outcome, then you dont have true competition...and that is what Joey Porter was saying...

VERY bad precendent to set...

Edited by NinersIn2006!

The officiating as a whole has sucked this year.  Based on their overall performance, I don't think they do have much integrity.  If they did, then the NFL should FIRE Morelli immediately... Only then will they establish true integrity... JMO.

1274451[/snapback]

I agree the officiating has sucked....and Morelli probably needs to be dealt with...they have sucked, but I dont think they have purposely missed calls to influence the outcome of the game to achieve a desired result...

There is a difference between being incompetent and acting without integrity...

You HONESTLY believe the NFL wanted Peyton Manning to win, and the refs were trying to cheat to achieve that result!!

You think they would sacrifice the integrity of the competition of the league for one player to get to the SB???

1274416[/snapback]

Who has the most influence on the outcome on the games? Referees.

Which business is one of the biggest in sports? Sports betting

Why do games always seem to be on or near the lines set by Vegas? Hmmmm...

All I'm saying is that I have long felt that of anyone that could influence games, it's the referees. And when you have absolutely BLATANT and OBVIOUS mistakes, you start to believe that other forces are in play. And in that particular situation, they missed a call on REPLAY, for crissakes.

If it smells like a rat....

The call was awful. The worst I've EVER seen because of the fact that is was watched on replay and OVERTURNED !!!

However, I think Joey Porter should have been fined. I do not think it was any kind of desire for the officials to get the Colts to win the game. I do not buy into any conspiracy theories. I think it was a big time f-up by an official, nothing more nothing less.

The call was awful.  The worst I've EVER seen because of the fact that is was watched on replay and OVERTURNED !!!

However, I think Joey Porter should have been fined.  I do not think it was any kind of desire for the officials to get the Colts to win the game.  I do not buy into any conspiracy theories.  I think it was a big time f-up by an official, nothing more nothing less.

1274599[/snapback]

VERY WELL SAID!

Okay.  Porter should get fined, but only if Morelli gets fired.  It doesn't look like either are going to happen, so be it.

1274885[/snapback]

If the Steelers had lost the game, either the NFL wouldn;t have admitted screwing the call up, or Morelli would have been fired.

But I don't find the 2 things equitable. Porter should be find for questioning the integrity of the game. Morelli should have his performance reviewed and be fired if his performance requires it.

I think more likely his performance required him to referee Arizona, Detroit, Houston, the Jets and SF games only next season.

I think more likely his performance required him to referee Arizona, Detroit, Houston, the Jets and SF games only next season.

1274902[/snapback]

One of these teams wins a divison next year. Bold prediction so that I can dig it up a year from now. :D

Did they officially say he's not getting fined, or are you just assuming that because he hasn't gotten fined yet that he's not getting fined?

I think it would be funny if they initially said they didn't fine him, but then came back after a couple of days and said that "upon further review" they were going to fine him. :D

Did they officially say he's not getting fined, or are you just assuming that because he hasn't gotten fined yet that he's not getting fined?

I think it would be funny if they initially said they didn't fine him, but then came back after a couple of days and said that "upon further review" they were going to fine him.  :D

1275144[/snapback]

:D

I think it would be funny if they initially said they didn't fine him, but then came back after a couple of days and said that "upon further review" they were going to fine him.  :D

1275144[/snapback]

:D