[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is happiness...

SuperBalla

What is Happiness?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is Happiness?

• Enjoying the quiet of hunting, walk/hiking, fishing, camping.
    • Fantasy football Sunday morning.
    • Birth of a child.
    • Hobby/Other.
    • Success.
    • Your wife or signifcant other.
    • None of the above...explain.

id have to combo a couple.... just got back form taken the boy ice fishen........ he caught his first eye.... about a 4 pounder threw the ice... the whole lake new about it as he took it around and showed it to everyone :D

1306034[/snapback]

I'm with you Yukon. Birthin'em and raising them is fantastic. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.selfknowledge.com/42891.htm

Happiness (Hap"pi*ness) n.

[From Happy.]

1. Good luck; good fortune; prosperity. "All happiness bechance to thee in Milan!" Shak.

2. An agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune or propitious happening of any kind; the possession of those circumstances or that state of being which is attended enjoyment; the state of being happy; contentment; joyful satisfaction; felicity; blessedness.

While I was in the bolded area for many years... I no longer reside in that state.

However.... it does bring me contentment that the vast majority of Huddler's appear to be in a state of happiness. Just the way I would have hoped it would be.

[From Happy.]

1. Good luck; good fortune; prosperity. "All happiness bechance to thee in Milan!" Shak.

2. An agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune or propitious happening of any kind; the possession of those circumstances or that state of being which is attended enjoyment; the state of being happy; contentment; joyful satisfaction; felicity; blessedness.

While I was in the bolded area for many years... I no longer reside in that state.

However.... it does bring me contentment that the vast majority of Huddler's appear to be in a state of happiness. Just the way I would have hoped it would be.

1306110[/snapback]

"...don't worry,

Be happy..."

"...don't worry,

Be happy..."

1306113[/snapback]

I absolutely detest that song. Always have...always will. Without a doubt the worst thing he ever did or probably ever will do.

Thanks for the thought.... though worry has nothing to do with anything.

:D  I love immediate things like the next football game (espcially tomorrow's game) but, there is so many great things out there....making yourself a better human is about balancing immediate wants vs long term goals which equal more enduring satisfaction..

Having a great partner is imperative to this...IMO.

1305873[/snapback]

I agree...amazing. :D

The first day of going home to an empty house after you've divorced your psychopathic, manic-depressive wife.

Also the day you get out of the Army with discharge papers and a plane ticket in hand.

1305979[/snapback]

I have my discharge certificate framed...I wasn't regular Army...National Guard but it still means a lot.

id have to combo a couple.... just got back form taken the boy ice fishen........ he caught his first eye.... about a 4 pounder threw the ice... the whole lake new about it as he took it around and showed it to everyone :D

1306034[/snapback]

I hope to know those thrills in due time.

[From Happy.]

1306110[/snapback]

I heard a saying that stuck with me. Here goes: Success is getting what you want in life but happiness is liking what you get.

Sky...I appreciate yer wisdom my friend. In the short time we got to hang I rekognized a brilliance in you that is beyond admirable. :D

I absolutely detest that song. Always have...always will. Without a doubt the worst thing he ever did or probably ever will do.

Thanks for the thought.... though worry has nothing to do with anything.

1306142[/snapback]

While I am a hugh admirer of Bill Withers..."I know..." 26 times! :D

Happiness is..In no particular order

God

My Family

My Friends

My Pets

Raising my kids with my wife

The first time my kids laughed

The first time I made them stop crying

My first date with my wife

Getting advice from my parents

Giving advice to my kids

Sports

winning a bet

winning a fantasy league

priority news

The Dallas Cowboys/ Baltimore Orioles/ Detroit Pistons

Making people laugh at the huddle

The huddle making me laugh

Learning from people who know better than me

Helping people

Closing a deal at work

Walking through the door after work and having The Wife 2 kids 2 dogs and a bird greet me

Bumping Uglies

Fantasy drafts

Good Movies

Boxing

When TimC grabs a torch

newbie pile ons

Friday night poker

food

beer

memories

a Hug from my kids

Making my family proud

The first day of going home to an empty house after you've divorced your psychopathic, manic-depressive wife.

Also the day you get out of the Army with discharge papers and a plane ticket in hand.

1305979[/snapback]

Good info here. Too many aspects in defining one which out trumps another form of happy. I would vote for knowing you are content. If your life is happy and you're content, then that's happiness. You can have it all (from another's perspective) and be miserable if you're not content.

Happiness is..In no particular order

God

My Family

My Friends

My Pets

Raising my kids with my wife

The first time my kids laughed

The first time I made them stop crying

My first date with my wife

Getting advice from my parents

Giving advice to my kids

Sports

winning a bet

winning a fantasy league

priority news

The Dallas Cowboys/ Baltimore Orioles/ Detroit Pistons

Making people laugh at the huddle

The huddle making me laugh

Learning from people who know better than me

Helping people

Closing a deal at work

Walking through the door after work and having The Wife 2 kids 2 dogs and a bird greet me

Bumping Uglies

Fantasy drafts

Good Movies

Boxing

When TimC grabs a torch

newbie pile ons

Friday night poker

food

beer

memories

a Hug from my kids

Making my family proud