[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How fast...

darin3

How fast can you chug a 12 oz. beer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How fast can you chug a 12 oz. beer?

• Under a second. No, really.
    • Under 3 seconds.
    • Under 5 seconds.
    • 5-10 seconds.
    • 10+ seconds.
    • I am a ninny and Father Time gets antsy waiting for me.

We used to do 2-3 beers through a funnel all of the time......I think the most I ever did was 3.  Took about 3 seconds.  For one beer, it would take about 1.5 seconds.  You did say "whatever format" we choose, right?  Out of a plastic cup, I am right at about 3 seconds.

1311613[/snapback]

Yeah yeah... I screwwed up the initial post... should have said can vs. cup vs. bottle only... :D:D

I have never had somebody out drink me (speed wise) with cups, cans or bottles – although I have had near photo finishes – but I am not too skilled in the use of a funnel.  My friends have ambushed me a couple times at parties in the past asking me to come into a room where my opponent awaits like some poor spaghetti western.  They usually talk trash for me when I am off drunkenly chatting, like I am some sort of sideshow, looking for challangers.  Weird.    :D

1311615[/snapback]

There was only one guy in my fraternity that could out-do me... dude was a one-gulper, to my 2-3 gulps... :D

I'm not too good with the funnel/bong either. :D

The fastest I ever saw..... A guy I knew in college could slam a full pitcher (around 50-60 ounces ) in around 6 seconds.  Ridiculously fast.  Used to challenge people to drink a glass faster than he could drink the pitcher, and he usually won.  :D

1311628[/snapback]

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever snorkled a beer? It requires a bottle and then a straw, you place the straw in the bottle and angle the straw about 90 degrees so air can still pass through the straw. When you go to chug the beer, the straw allows the air to escape the bottle quicker and the beer just pours down instead of the usual bubble effect when trying to chug from a bottle.

Has anyone ever snorkled a beer? It requires a bottle and then a straw, you place the straw in the bottle and angle the straw about 90 degrees so air can still pass through the straw. When you go to chug the beer, the straw allows the air to escape the bottle quicker and the beer just pours down instead of the usual bubble effect when trying to chug from a bottle.

1311725[/snapback]

Now that... is a great idea.

1311725[/snapback]

1311732[/snapback]

Now that... is a great idea.

1312044[/snapback]

And just like that, the field is set for WCOFF '06. :D:D

1311725[/snapback]

When I went to Mexico for Spring Break my senior year in high school ('93) we bought what we called "Bottle Buddies". It is exactly what you are talking about, a rubber tube goes on the neck of the bottle with a hose that goes to the bottom of the bottle. You hold the tip with your finger until it is tipped, let your finger go and down goes the beer. Wore them around our necks on strings for a while thereafter. Best two bucks I spent down there! I still have mine in my trunk, but I haven't used it in ages.

I had a buddy back when I was in my early 20s who could drink a 22oz in just under 2 seconds.  He had some weird deal going where he could just open his throat and literally pour the beer down.  No-one else I've ever seen comes remotely close.

1310542[/snapback]

Does he have a sister ?

Haven't done it since I was a teenager, but you can drink a 12 oz. can of beer in less than a second by opening a hole in the bottom of the can, placing your mouth over the hole, and then opening the tab while holding the can upright.  The entire contents will shoot down your throat in milliseconds. 

1309465[/snapback]

That's how we used to do it at our battalion "beer busts" where there was only enough beer for each man to have two beers. Ahhh...hadn't thought of that in 32 years, lol.

Just "a" beer?  Including any garden variety watered down swill labeled "beer?"  Weak format.

Try an entire pitcher of Guinness in under 60 seconds and then get back to me.

1309471[/snapback]

That's impressive, but why would you want to drink a pitcher of Guinness in 60 sec. the other in 2 sec i can understand.

Haven't chugged in about 28yrs, but used to be under 3 now under 10, maybe.