[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How fast...

darin3

How fast can you chug a 12 oz. beer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How fast can you chug a 12 oz. beer?

• Under a second. No, really.
    • Under 3 seconds.
    • Under 5 seconds.
    • 5-10 seconds.
    • 10+ seconds.
    • I am a ninny and Father Time gets antsy waiting for me.

For clarity's sake, let's say you have the beer in whatever "format" suits you best. I, personally, can slam a beer out of a plastic "keg" cup in about 2.3 seconds. :D

Chuggin' out of a bottle is sorta tough. Out of a can is a little easier.

:D

Background: back in my college fraternity days, as a pledge, we were timed. At the time, I had just started drinking beers on a regular basis. I had no idea I had this "talent". The active members would approach us with a keg cup of beer, stopwatch, clipboard (yes, very official) and black Sharpie pen. They would hand us the beer and say "chug it, pledge". Then, after you were done, they'd write your "pound time" on your forehead :D ... I slammed in like 2 seconds, which was a surprise to them and a bigger surprise to me. Then nodded approvingly and didn't even write the time on my forehead. One of my pledge brothers wasn't so fortunate. Dude would take baby sips. The guys got bored of waiting and just drew an "infinity" symbol on his head. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not official, but I would definitely guess me to be under 3 sec. (draft out of a cup) I was in a beer chuggin contest when I was 19 in Canada, we were all standin on a stage and I really won but they gave it to a girl and I can't blame em' she was pretty hot and I was impressed how fast she got the beer down.

Likely not that fast, but pretty fast.

When we'd have boat races, often times our pledge class would be a person down to whomever we were racing, so Iwas the lead off and anchor man most of the time.

Then I'd puke from chugging two beers in just a few seconds.

Back in college I was under 3 sec but that has probably slowed to under 5 now.

1309401[/snapback]

Ditto.

Back in the day (sigh). The only kid who ever beat me in a chug race was gay. That kid could open his throat up without gagging. I think he had practice.

I was the Kobayashi of beer... only, I did puke. A lot.

I was my frat's prized pig in beer drinking contests until I got kicked out of the frat for drinking too much.

1309431[/snapback]

:D dammitt now i like perch... the same thing happened to me :D

Oh and it doesn't matter how fast u drink it , what matters is can u keep it down and how much can u fit in there

Haven't done it since I was a teenager, but you can drink a 12 oz. can of beer in less than a second by opening a hole in the bottom of the can, placing your mouth over the hole, and then opening the tab while holding the can upright. The entire contents will shoot down your throat in milliseconds. We had a contest once to see who do shoot the most beers in one sitting. I stopped after 6. One of my buddies made it into the teens.

Another time I drank a bottle of MD 20/20 in about 10 minutes.

I quit drinking before I turned 21.

Haven't done it since I was a teenager, but you can drink a 12 oz. can of beer in less than a second by opening a hole in the bottom of the can, placing your mouth over the hole, and then opening the tab while holding the can upright.  The entire contents will shoot down your throat in milliseconds.  We had a contest once to see who do shoot the most beers in one sitting.  I stopped after 6.  One of my buddies made it into the teens.

1309465[/snapback]

SHOTGUN! :D

Haven't done it since I was a teenager, but you can drink a 12 oz. can of beer in less than a second by opening a hole in the bottom of the can, placing your mouth over the hole, and then opening the tab while holding the can upright.  The entire contents will shoot down your throat in milliseconds.  We had a contest once to see who do shoot the most beers in one sitting.  I stopped after 6.  One of my buddies made it into the teens.

1309465[/snapback]

Nod, as Chucky said... shotgun!

I guess I should have added that caveat to the poll. You can do it in around a second that way.

I've also done a keg stand for 138 seconds. :D

1309468[/snapback]

:D I think I've gone just over 2 minutes, too.

Just "a" beer?  Including any garden variety watered down swill labeled "beer?"  Weak format.

Try an entire pitcher of Guinness in under 60 seconds and then get back to me.

1309471[/snapback]

:D Now that's talent.

Darin...how old are you?

14-20?

I stopped shooting beers by the time I was a junior in college.  :D

1309508[/snapback]

.... says the guy that always has photos of "hot chicks" in his avatar.

Edited by darin3

As a side story, one of my other pledge brothers had a stomach issue and couldn't drink beer, so they gave him one of those big-ass bottles of Arrowhead water (the ones you put on water coolers) and told him to finish it within 3 hours. He threw up nothing but water about 1/3 of the way through it. :D

By the time I was 32 (and my peer group), we weren't impressed by how fast one of us could shoot a beer.  :D  :D:D

Carry on....Teenager.

1309544[/snapback]

Wow, you're cool Mojo. Or should I say ******. Can you say "hypocrite"? ***** Deleted out of courtesy to the hypocrite. Now you've hopefully learned your lesson.

Edit: And if you're too cool for school, why did you even open this thread? And reply to it? Several times, mind you. And why are you lurking in the thread?

A 12-ounce beer out of a funnel in about a second and a half in college. I could still do one in under three if I had to. :D

1309547[/snapback]

Crap I guess I should have added the beer bong caveat too. :doah:

Edited by darin3

Can't even remember the last time I chugged a beer, let alone had it timed. :D

Probably the last time I tried anything like that, it was using a beer bong, can't remember the how long it took, probably pretty quick though. I consider it a friggin' crime to try and chug a Franziskaner or Chimay, so I just sit back and enjoy the flavor. :D

Can't even remember the last time I chugged a beer, let alone had it timed.  :D

Probably the last time I tried anything like that, it was using a beer bong, can't remember the how long it took, probably pretty quick though.  I consider it a friggin' crime to try and chug a Franziskaner or Chimay, so I just sit back and enjoy the flavor.  :D

1309571[/snapback]

Chimay's a good brew. No way I would ever even consider chuggin' one of those bad boys. Coors Light, on the other hand... :D