[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dudes

cliaz

I haven' t been watching the news the last couple of days (discovered a new way to slick one out.) so im out of touch, did Mrs. Kings Funeral turn into a political shooting gallery or something?

If it did, that is complete a$$.

1313689[/snapback]

It did, Jimmy Carter who's probably the worst President in U.S. history took some cheap shots at President Bush. Then some disgruntled Priest took jabs at W.

It did, Jimmy Carter who's probably the worst President in U.S. history took some cheap shots at President Bush.  Then some disgruntled Priest took jabs at W.

1313771[/snapback]

That is terrible and disrespectful

Well, right or wrong, they had President Bush as a captive audience, and they used the occasion to know they had him trapped. In that sense, it was sort of delicious to watch him squirm.

1315073[/snapback]

Delicious? Interesting word to choose.

Martin Luther King probably spun in his grave three times when the Democrats started acted like children the other day.

1315864[/snapback]

Agreed - but don't let the Reps off the hook either (and I'm a Rep). Bush was there for the politics, so it was not unexpected. I don't think all this was included in MLKJr's 'dream' for America. I'm sure he would've thought we'd be much further along by now, 40 years after his death. Sad...

Agreed - but don't let the Reps off the hook either (and I'm a Rep).  Bush was there for the politics, so it was not unexpected.  I don't think all this was included in MLKJr's 'dream' for America.  I'm sure he would've thought we'd be much further along by now, 40 years after his death.  Sad...

1315880[/snapback]

Sure Bush was doing it for the politics, but at least he was being respectful. He was there as the President during a country's mourning (as he should be). He didn't turn it into a seminar on why we should/shouldn't be in Iraq like the Dems did. I musta missed Mrs. King having anything to say about Iraq.

And the bashers got several standing ovations at a funeral.

Typical demonrats and blu's.

1315846[/snapback]

:D It was a funeral for the King Family, not for Bush. That family had, ironically enough, first hand experience at say, illegal wiretapping. If they want to take a shot at a president that has the cojones to imply George Washington did the same thing, well then that's just too bad for you. Or maybe Cheney voting against the MLK Holiday had something to do with it?

It wasn't a funeral for Bush, and the King's are pretty staunchly democrat.

Quit acting like this is a "have you no shame?" moment, as if Republicans have never been political at a funeral before. Get real. And get over it.

Agreed - but don't let the Reps off the hook either (and I'm a Rep).  Bush was there for the politics, so it was not unexpected.  I don't think all this was included in MLKJr's 'dream' for America.  I'm sure he would've thought we'd be much further along by now, 40 years after his death.  Sad...

1315880[/snapback]

Had Bush not gone, he would have been ass raped by the liberals in the media for not caring about such a prominent person in the civil rights movement. He was screwed if he didn't go, and thanks to the classless former president, and a classless preacher he was screwed for going.

Had Bush not gone, he would have been ass raped by the liberals in the media for not caring about such a prominent person in the civil rights movement.  He was screwed if he didn't go, and thanks to the classless former president, and a classless preacher he was screwed for going.

1315919[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a shame Bush can't leave the White House without being forced to see the real world.

Has he considered a blindfold, earmuffs, and a bubble dome?

Had Bush not gone, he would have been ass raped by the liberals in the media for not caring about such a prominent person in the civil rights movement.  He was screwed if he didn't go, and thanks to the classless former president, and a classless preacher he was screwed for going.

1315919[/snapback]

Poor W..I really feel sorry for him :D

Sorry, but anyone who saw that farce that was the 2000 GOP National Convention where the Republitards marched minorities out onto the stage to show they were trying to be inclusive in front of a 99.99% white male crowd knows they have no credibility when it comes to race issues.

:D It was a funeral for the King Family, not for Bush. That family had, ironically enough, first hand experience at say, illegal wiretapping. If they want to take a shot at a president that has the cojones to imply George Washington did the same thing, well then that's just too bad for you. Or maybe Cheney voting against the MLK Holiday had something to do with it?

It wasn't a funeral for Bush, and the King's are pretty staunchly democrat.

Quit acting like this is a "have you no shame?" moment, as if Republicans have never been political at a funeral before. Get real. And get over it.

1315909[/snapback]

The point of the funeral is that it is for all of the people mourning the passing of that person. It's disrespectful to the mourners out there that are grieving that might not be flaming liberals. It really didn't seem to bother Bush that much (I'm sure he's used to it). But why make a mourner feel bad during a funeral just because they might not hate Bush as much as you? You can do that at other more appropriate moments IMO.

Sorry, but anyone who saw that farce that was the 2000 GOP National Convention where the Republitards marched minorities out onto the stage to show they were trying to be inclusive in front of a 99.99% white male crowd knows they have no credibility when it comes to race issues.

1316306[/snapback]

Again, it's not about credibility, or even about race. It's about being respectful of all people that are mourning the death of someone that they care about or that has had some meaning in their life. A Convention is the perfect setting to play politics. A Funeral is the worst.