[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's the chatter on Walker

Duchess Jack

So what are the packers looking for in return for Walker??? I just want him out of the green and gold.  He doesnt deserve to share the history of the packers with Ray Nitsche, Bart Star and Jamal Reynolds...  ?

1432940[/snapback]

a 2nd round pick ....maybe 2 of them...

:D:D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the packers looking for in return for Walker??? I just want him out of the green and gold.  He doesnt deserve to share the history of the packers with Ray Nitsche, Bart Star and Jamal Reynolds...  ?

1432940[/snapback]

:D Nitschke and Starr.

Packers | Team fielding calls and offers for J. Walker

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:31:16 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Green Bay Packers have begun fielding telephone calls, and offers, in terms of trying to decide whether it is worth it to trade disgruntled WR Javon Walker. The Packers made it clear they only will trade Walker for the right price, a high price. Teams at the top of the list include the Denver Broncos and Philadelphia Eagles, but there are at least three other confirmed teams that weighed in Monday, April 24. There is no shortage of suitors for Walker, meaning that it is looking more and more as if Green Bay will trade Walker.

If we could get a 2nd and a 5th, I'd be extremley happy. Walker has shown one great season, and been subpar or only decent the rest of the time. This is the same guy that beat up Ahmad Carrol at the start of mini camps last year, and has bad mouthed the organization for way too long. Im ready for someone else to come in. Personally, I'd like to see them use one of those second rounders on Stoval out of Notre Dame. I can see him doing some great things.

If we could get a 2nd and a 5th, I'd be extremley happy.  Walker has shown one great season, and been subpar or only decent the rest of the time.  This is the same guy that beat up Ahmad Carrol at the start of mini camps last year, and has bad mouthed the organization for way too long.  Im ready for someone else to come in.  Personally, I'd like to see them use one of those second rounders on Stoval out of Notre Dame.  I can see him doing some great things.

1435535[/snapback]

Hopefully NFL teams think more of him than you do, but if they do think the same, I'd say the likelihood of getting a 2nd & 5th is very remote.

I just don't see Walker as a player that has staying power.  I think he'll follow in the Michael Westbrook mould.. Have a decent year, a breakout year, and then fall off the planet.  I wish nothing but failure for the guy... Anything more than a 2 and a 5, and I would be ecstatic.

1435567[/snapback]

Wow!

Again, you better hope NFL teams aren't thinking the same as you. If they are, the Pack will be lucky to get a 6th rounder.

I just don't see Walker as a player that has staying power.  I think he'll follow in the Michael Westbrook mould.. Have a decent year, a breakout year, and then fall off the planet.  I wish nothing but failure for the guy... Anything more than a 2 and a 5, and I would be ecstatic.

1435567[/snapback]

Micheal Westbrook? He had one decent year, was top 3 in yards the next and started out good last year before getting hurt. He is strong. I doubt if he is suseptible to injury. I don't see it at all. And since 5 teams have inquired about him their GM's don't either.

Why all the hate? He isn't smart and has acted like a jerk imo, but don't wish him failure.

This is the same guy that beat up Ahmad Carrol at the start of mini camps last year, and has bad mouthed the organization for way too long. 

1435535[/snapback]

If i had the chance I would have beat up Ahmad Carroll. The guy thinks, talks, and pretends to be as good as Deion Sanders and I would think Javon got tired of all his talking and getting burned or called for pass interference on every play.

I like Walker and wish he and Favre could kiss and make up. Walker has top 5 WR talent and guys like him don't come around often. Take a look at Robert Ferguson.

I like Walker and wish he and Favre could kiss and make up.  Walker has top 5 WR talent and guys like him don't come around often.  Take a look at Robert Ferguson.

1436017[/snapback]

I have to agree. I'm not a Walker-hater. I think he's going a little overboard by threatening to retire, but I understand his frustration after his experience in the last year.

That said, he should remain open to a contract extension, if Thompson is willing to give him one. It wouldn't surprise me if he did, since the Packers will have to get above the minimum payroll requirement sometime.

why, what are you hearing?

1436022[/snapback]

nothing much...but after that trade...Andy Reid can easily be outbid by a desperate team...

the only problem the Broncos have is probably signing him...but they have the ammunition to do a trade and want to make the move now...

I'd say it's 70-30 Denver to Philly in chances of getting him...if he's to be had at all...Denver will do what it takes...Philly won't..

Looks like the Dolphins are now interested in Walker, too.

Linky

With phone lines buzzing around the NFL as the draft approaches, the Denver Broncos have some competition in their pursuit of disgruntled Green Bay Packers receiver Javon Walker.

The Miami Dolphins, according to a league source, have joined the discussion with the Packers about acquiring Walker.

The Broncos have considered acquiring Walker since last month, when coach Mike Shanahan made informal inquiries around the league, including to former Packers coach Mike Sherman, now on the coaching staff of the Houston Texans.

Walker, who publicly has threatened to retire instead of again playing for the Packers, is under contract for the 2006 season. He is in Tallahassee, Fla., attending classes at Florida State University, where he also played for the Seminoles.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban was in Tallahassee on Wednesday talking with Seminoles prospects in the draft, but it is not known if he met with Walker.

Walker is scheduled to count $1,165,000 against the salary cap next season.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said in recent weeks he "received inquiries" about Walker and would listen to any proposals.

The fifth-year veteran is coming off surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Walker was injured during the Packers' opener, then had surgery.

Walker had 1,382 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns in 2004.

He now has permission to seek a trade.

Walker to visit Saints, Broncos

By Michael Smith

ESPN.com

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker has received permission from the team to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Walker is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.

The Packers are also engaging in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the Saints and Broncos. Walker does not have any visits scheduled beyond the Saints and Broncos.

Walker, who underwent surgery in October on an injured anterior cruciate ligament, expects to be ready to go by training camp -- just not with the Packers, he hopes.

Unlike last year when he drew the ire of Brett Favre among others, he promises not to be a disruption, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he told ESPN.com last month. "I don't have to play."

General manager Ted Thompson has said he expects Walker to honor his contract.

"I've spoken with Javon over the course of the spring," Thompson said. "I think I'll let the original statement that we put out stand there. I know that things get said from time to time and I think the less said on something like that, the better."

Thompson did say that he and the team would welcome Walker back.

"I would," Thompson said. "I'm sure the team would. He's very well liked here. I assume you guys would agree with me."

Michael Smith is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

We definately will need a replacement for Horn soon, but I'd hope they wouldn't give up the farm to get him. Something tells me that even if a trade gets worked out between the Saints & GB that it wouldn't involve any kind of pick swap in the 1st.

We definately will need a replacement for Horn soon, but I'd hope they wouldn't give up the farm to get him. Something tells me that even if a trade gets worked out between the Saints & GB that it wouldn't involve any kind of pick swap in the 1st.

1439736[/snapback]

If it gets done, I'm guessing Grant or Stallworth would be involved.

However, the value numbers do work out fairly well in this scenario:

Saints give 1.02

Packers give 1.05 + 3.03 + Walker

Puts Walker's value at late first round this year. For a guy coming off an ACL and who wants out of GB badly, seems about right.

Edited by Cordo

I am on Walker's side of the argument. Brett called him out publicly instead of keeping his mouth shut. Then he goes on to defend McNair because his team won't let him lift a weight with the other boys?

Walker needs a new team. Too many ill feelings for him with the Packers.

Saints give 1.02

Puts Walker's value at late first round this year.  For a guy coming off an ACL and who wants out of GB badly, seems about right.

1439778[/snapback]

...putting GB in a position to get Reggie Bush if HOU takes Mario ... or Mario if they take Bush?

....hmmmm...

Saints give 1.02

Puts Walker's value at late first round this year.  For a guy coming off an ACL and who wants out of GB badly, seems about right.

1439778[/snapback]

it may seem like equal value on the draft chart but i'm thinking GB would turn their nose up at that. i don't think the value difference between 2 and 5 for green bay and its needs is as great as the value difference between 2 and 5 on "the chart". unless they REALLY like mario.