[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need an Obscure Running Back

Tyson Thompson RB Dallas

He played a little last year when Jones was hurt.Parcells liked him alot,he's fast, but he put the ball on the ground a few times.If Jones or Barber get hurt,he'll get some looks.

1495463[/snapback]

Ooo, is Marion Barber gone yet? If not, he'd be a solid pick up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyson Thompson RB Dallas

He played a little last year when Jones was hurt.Parcells liked him alot,he's fast, but he put the ball on the ground a few times.If Jones or Barber get hurt,he'll get some looks.

1495463[/snapback]

yeah he is available and a pretty good choice 700 picks in

humes from pitt?

1495473[/snapback]

gone

Here are the RB drafted in rounds 6-25.

First 5 rounds were on the 2005 site, also some early rounds were "homer" rounds where you must draft a player from the team you represent.

I think this is everybody but I did 1-197 by hand so there may be mistakes.

Pick# Player

1 Parker, Willie

2 Alexander, Shaun

4 Bell, Tatum

5 Drew, Maurice

7 Benson, Cedric

8 Barber, Tiki

9 Johnson, Rudi

10 Williams, Cadillac

11 Portis, Clinton

12 Maroney, Laurence

13 Johnson, Larry

14 Tomlinson, LaDainian

16 Taylor, Chester

17 Brown, Ronnie

18 Dunn, Warrick

19 Westbrook, Brian

20 Lewis, Jamal

21 Droughns, Reuben

22 Jackson, Stephen

23 James, Edgerrin

24 Jones, Kevin

25 McGahee, Willis

26 Jordan, Lamont

30 White, LenDale

31 Bush, Reggie

32 Davis, Domanick

36 Addai, Joseph

37 Jones, Julius

38 Williams, DeAngelo

50 Jones, Thomas

59 McAllister, Deuce

62 Dillon, Corey

70 Foster, DeShaun

91 Gore, Frank

101 Barber, Marion

131 Rhodes, Dominic

132 Dayne, Ron

137 Perry, Chris

156 Gado, Samkon

157 Martin, Curtis

158 Brown, Chris

197 Taylor, Fred JAC RB

205 Holmes, Priest KCC RB

211 Moats, Ryan PHI RB

226 Anderson, Mike BAL RB

232 Green, Ahman GBP RB

239 Moore, Mewelde MIN RB

244 Turner, Michael SDC RB

266 Pittman, Michael TBB RB

269 Griffin, Quentin KCC RB

280 Calhoun, Brian DET RB

312 Barlow, Kevan SFO RB

331 Betts, Ladell WAS RB

359 Norwood, Jerious ATL RB

361 Duckett, T.J. ATL RB

362 Arrington, J.J. ARI RB

378 Houston, Cedric NYJ RB

389 Robertson, Jamal CAR RB

413 Washington, Leon NYJ RB

415 Staley, Duce PIT RB

424 Thomas, Anthony BUF RB

446 Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

451 Toefield, Labrandon JAC RB

455 Jones, Greg JAC RB

460 Harrison, Jerome CLE RB

470 Faulk, Marshall STL RB

473 Blaylock, Derrick NYJ RB

490 Williams, Ricky FA RB

496 Shelton, Eric CAR RB

513 Haynes, Verron PIT RB

516 Cobbs, Cedric DEN RB

544 Morency, Vernand HOU RB

545 Davenport, Najeh GBP RB

576 Cartwright, Rock WAS RB

586 Gordon, Lamar PHI RB

597 Green, William CLE RB

598 Suggs, Lee CLE RB

626 Smith, Antowain HOU RB

629 Bennett, Michael NOS RB

631 Goings, Nick CAR RB

650 Alstott, Mike TBB RB

661 Morris, Maurice SEA RB

676 Daniels, P.J. BAL RB

720 Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB

735 Pinner, Artose DET RB

739 Henry, Travis TEN RB

743 Humes, Cedric PIT RB

746 Shipp, Marcel ARI RB

753 Pass, Patrick NEP RB

755 Robinson, Michael SFO RB

778 Minor, Travis MIA RB

788 Fargas, Justin OAK RB

Edited by KevinL

Maurice Hicks, outta SF.

1495197[/snapback]

I've sung his praises more than once here. Great stats in your 2nd post regarding him, too.

Taurean Henderson....UDFA out of Texas Tech. He is in the Vikings' backfield and put up good receiving numbers there, so might be a good fit for the WCO. No guarantee he makes the roster, but I think he could surprise.

1495215[/snapback]

Drafted him in a dynasty league. College football's all-time leader in catches for a RB. While I *love* Taylor in Minny, injuries happen... and Mewelde Moore can't stay healthy as a starter and Fason is blah.

humes from pitt?

1495473[/snapback]

Picked him up in said dynasty league, too. He all but has wrapped up the "Bus" role in Pittsburgh. Big :D there...

After all the suggestions he took DT Igor Olshansky :D

1495955[/snapback]

I never said it was for my next pick. We still have 20 rounds to go. There are going to be a total of 1,440 players drafted. I am trying to look ahead. I even have my eye on an Arena Player.

FYI, Igor is a DE in a 3/4, not a DT. He is an unbelievable physical specimen, who has only been playing football for 6 years. Besides who can pass up the only NFL player named Igor, and the only NFL player that was born in the Soviet Union. Very possible that he will be the only one, ever. Kind of like that Oiler DB that was the only NFL player ever from UW-Milwaukee. OK Big John, what was that guys name.

I never said it was for my next pick.  We still have 20 rounds to go.  There are going to be a total of 1,440 players drafted.  I am trying to look ahead.  I even have my eye on an Arena Player.

FYI, Igor is a DE in a 3/4, not a DT.  He is an unbelievable physical specimen, who has only been playing football for 6 years.  Besides who can pass up the only NFL player named Igor, and the only NFL player that was born in the Soviet Union.  Very possible that he will be the only one, ever.  Kind of like that Oiler DB that was the only NFL player ever from UW-Milwaukee.  OK Big John, what was that guys name.

1496292[/snapback]

I wasn't laughing at the actual pick. I just thought it was funny that you were asking for RB advice and then picked a defensive player.

And FWIW Igor is listed as a DT on mfl which is what I was going by.

I wasn't laughing at the actual pick.  I just thought it was funny that you were asking for RB advice and then picked a defensive player.

And FWIW Igor is listed as a DT on mfl which is what I was going by.

1496307[/snapback]

Which brings up an interesting question, in the 3/4 are the two guys on either side of the NT Tackles or Ends? In this league as in most, it does not matter, as you only have to start 3 DL. But what if a league required say 2 DE and 2 DT?

Your stats on Hicks are misleading however considering his relatively few number of carries on the whole. He had the equivalent of 2 games worth of carries on the year. Also if you look at his stats from the year prior you'll see that he lost 3 fumbles out of little more than the same number of carries.

Edited by Crazysight

Your stats on Hicks are misleading however considering his relatively few number of carries on the whole.  He had the equivalent of 2 games worth of carries on the year.  Also if you look at his stats from the year prior you'll see that he lost 3 fumbles out of little more than the same number of carries.

1496409[/snapback]

My stats aren't misleading at all. They are facts.

And yes, he did have 3 fumbles the year prior, then zero the next. But that's just because he's gettin' better with age!

My stats aren't misleading at all.  They are facts. 

And yes, he did have 3 fumbles the year prior, then zero the next.  But that's just because he's gettin' better with age!

1496473[/snapback]

In that case than the fact is that he carried the ball less than 60 times last year. Hardly enough to base too many conclusions on.

In fairness I'll say that Tiki Barber isn't any bigger than Hicks and has done quite well for himself, however Hick's performance last year in those number of carries only secured his position.  He still has a lot to prove to even be considered outside the realm of the Tony Fishers/Kevin Faulks, and with the competition that they may have at that position he may not get much of an opportunity to do that.

Edited by Crazysight

In fairness I'll say that Tiki Barber isn't any bigger than Hicks and has done quite well for himself, however Hick's performance last year in those number of carries only secured his position.  He still has a lot to prove to even be considered outside the realm of the Tony Fishers/Kevin Faulks, and with the competition that they may have at that position he may not get much of an opportunity to do that.

1496529[/snapback]

Perhaps. But of the NFL RBs still available in this particular situation, I see no other who has demonstrated more potential or production than Hicks, or who is in a better situation to see time. But if I've missed an superior candidate, by all means, say so.

More "hot-off-the-press" info from KFFL: "The 49ers plan to use Michael Robinson as a third-down back.Impact: What's Kevan Barlow going to do? Robinson has impressed San Francisco so far, which means Maurice Hicks could be off the roster shortly."

Edited by Crazysight

Doesn't look like that great of a situation to me. Don't expect any of these guys (including Hicks) to get significant playing time unless an injury occurs to another player. In that case a guy like Ross or Cobbs would probably be in a better situation and would have more potential simply based on the fact that they have the combination of size/speed to pound the ball and, of course, would both be running behind superior run-blocking offensive lines.

Edited by Crazysight

Doesn't look like that great of a situatin to me.  Don't expect any of these guys (including Hicks) to get significant playing time unless an injury occurs to another player.  In that case a guy like Ross or Cobbs would probably be in a better situation and would have more potential simply based on the fact that they have the combination of size/speed to pound the ball and, of course, would both be running behind superior run-blocking offensive lines.

1496694[/snapback]

Looks like C. Cobbs is alreay taken.

What about Alvin Pearman?

Looks like C. Cobbs is alreay taken.

What about Alvin Pearman?

1496699[/snapback]

He might get some opportunities if there should be a problem with Taylor at any point. Of course their 250 pound fullback Greg Jones is still going to get his share.

He might get some opportunities if there should be a problem with Taylor at any point.  Of course their 250 pound fullback Greg Jones is still going to get his share.

1496706[/snapback]

Oh, I totally agree. It's just that there aren't many RB left on this list who are actually active on a NFL roster.

Patrick Pass is another name that hasn't been mentioned.  I'm a Pats fan myself and can say that he has always done whatever Belichick has asked of him (and done well).  He has a limited ceiling but deserves a look at this position.

1496753[/snapback]

I'm a big fan of Pass'. But in this scenario, he's already gone.