[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need an Obscure Running Back

32 Team IDP Keeper League, Initial Draft. Start 1 RB, I have LT. Plus I have a Rookie prospect. I need a back-up, if LT gets hurts, and there is nothing left. We are past pick #700. Turner would have been nice to have, but he went at 8.20 (#244). I would have had to take him with my 8.14 (238). (FYI, I got Erik Coleman at 8.14). So anyone have an obscure RB, that might work his way up to #2 on a depth chart?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Sproles?

Lorenzo Neal?

Seriously, Sproles wouldn't be an awful pick for you.

1494778[/snapback]

agreed. And in fact he is being brought in as the 4th and sometimes 3rd WR. This kid is going to have a good year (realitive).

DeArrius Howard has a chance too......no one seems to like Q.Griffin winning the backup job>>>> :D

1495024[/snapback]

When you hear that KC may try to work a deal for Michael Bennett, I'd say yeah ... the backup job is WIDE open.

Cedric Cobbs, RB, DEN?

1494926[/snapback]

i ckd the draft and he was gone

DeArrius Howard has a chance too......no one seems to like Q.Griffin winning the backup job>>>> :D

1495024[/snapback]

I like Ross a tad more but Howard is in play(wasnt gonna mention him unless he got ross...but someone let the cat out of the bag :doah:

Maurice Hicks, outta SF.

1495197[/snapback]

I thought Hicks was gone but he isnt and I would rate him above Ross

Taurean Henderson....UDFA out of Texas Tech. He is in the Vikings' backfield and put up good receiving numbers there, so might be a good fit for the WCO. No guarantee he makes the roster, but I think he could surprise.

1495215[/snapback]

worth a flyer but that is ALL Chesters job

32 Team IDP Keeper League, Initial Draft.  Start 1 RB, I have LT.  Plus I have a Rookie prospect.  I need a back-up, if LT gets hurts, and there is nothing left.  We are past pick #700.  Turner would have been nice to have, but he went at 8.20 (#244).  I would have had to take him with my 8.14 (238).  (FYI, I got Erik Coleman at  8.14).  So anyone have an obscure RB, that might work his way up to #2 on a depth chart?

1494764[/snapback]

Tyson Thompson RB Dallas

He played a little last year when Jones was hurt.Parcells liked him alot,he's fast, but he put the ball on the ground a few times.If Jones or Barber get hurt,he'll get some looks.

It's pretty impossible to figure out who may be left after 700 picks.  Care to list all the RB's that have been taken so far?  There may be a RB in the CFL or NFLE worth considering.

1495565[/snapback]

Actually, Ricky has been drafted. :D

It's pretty impossible to figure out who may be left after 700 picks.  Care to list all the RB's that have been taken so far?  There may be a RB in the CFL or NFLE worth considering.

1495565[/snapback]

Heck, it's prolly easier for him (and us) to list the RBs that HAVE been drafted!

Hicks is a playmaker but I see him as being a lifelong scat-back, ala Kevin Faulk or Tony Fisher.

1495550[/snapback]

Hey, if we're scraping the bottom of the talent barrel (and granted, that's not something I know a whole lot about) I think you're looking for one of two things: (1) opportunity to contribute; or (2) ability to contribute. (Chances are, any candidate who has both those qualities is already gone, and if they aren't, should be acquired first).

Hicks has the ability. All it would take is for Gore or Barlow to get hurt or fall out of favor and Hicks' value would register on most folks radar screens. Allow me to elaborate:

- 5.2 YPC last season (tied for 12th highest in the NFL last year);

- if you excluded those RBs who took 50 or less carries last year, Hicks would have been tied (with Larry Johnson and Tiki Barber) for 4th highest YPC last year;

- 4.3 lifetime YPC, which ain't to shabby, considering he's been running behind SF's flacid O-line for every carry of his pro career;

- scored three TDs in 59 carries last year, or about 1 for every 20 carries. That's pretty freakin' impressive, considering the team he's on;

- fumbled the ball zero times last year;

- performs kick return duties, for those in leagues that award individual points for that stuff;

- somewhat active as a reciever, for those in PPR leagues, collecting 12 receptions last year, relative to his 59 rushing carries; and

- neither Barlow nor Gore were able to stay 100% healthy last year, and both had to have some minor-to-moderate surgery a few months back.

But like I said, highly speculative upside players aren't really something I know a whole lot about.

Edited by yo mama