[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my first day with my daughter

Bier Meister

Anybody wanna start a million dollar business? Rent babies to pick up chicks.

Have fun, Bier. :D

That's almost as good as my idea.

Cryo-Kiddie Care.... you cryogenically freeze your kid whenever you want to go out on the town. They won't age and you won't miss those precious moments. A cold kid is a happy kid. :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with the little one Bier...remember, dropping them on their head is bad :D

Wife is starting potty training for the 2 yr. old today...and I'm in Wisconsin. Hope everything gets cleaned up before I get back... :D

I've heard that there are 3 MAJOR challenging periods in parenthood:

1. Birth (surviving the first handful of months in general, getting the baby to sleep through the night)

2. Teething

3. Potty training

1. Birth (surviving the first handful of months in general, getting the baby to sleep through the night)

2. Teething

3. Potty training

hmmm...got a 3 month old who thinks sleeping should only be done in 30 minute long periods about every 4 hours every day...

2 yr. old going through potty-training...

And I think I'm teething...

No wonder the coffee ain't helping... :D

2. Teething

3. Potty training

No diapers...check out diaperfreebaby.org. Makes sense to me...don't train your kid to crap in his pants but instead, teach them to crap in a receptacle...then you don't have to untrain them...I mean potty train them. Kids are supposedly sponges when it comes to learning things, toilet training would be tops on my list.

No diapers...check out diaperfreebaby.org. Makes sense to me...don't train your kid to crap in his pants but instead, teach them to crap in a receptacle...then you don't have to untrain them...I mean potty train them. Kids are supposedly sponges when it comes to learning things, toilet training would be tops on my list.

You have to be a stay-at-home mom with a LOT of time on your hands to pull that one off.

You have to be a stay-at-home mom with a LOT of time on your hands to pull that one off.

and an iron-will mentality.

And why wouldn't a stay-at-home mom not have the time? Seems to me if you end up with a child that is potty trained by one years old...isn't it worth your time?

And why wouldn't a stay-at-home mom not have the time? Seems to me if you end up with a child that is potty trained by one years old...isn't it worth your time?

Have a kid and then we'll talk Soup. :D

And Bier, enjoy! I took off two weeks from work right when my wife went back to work and it was a pretty cool experience. :D

i'm a stay-at-home dad, and no, this wouldn't be worth my time. it seems to me it's more to train the parents to watch for when their kid has to use the bathroom than it is "potty training" for the kid. i'd rather spend the money on diapers than worry that my kid just took a leak (or worse) in her undies in the middle of the grocery store. (which will probably happen anyway, but at least she'll know why i'm pissed.)

sleeping and eating pattterns for young ones make it difficult to get misc tasks done in the house. it is rare that a parent is able to sit around popping bon-bons. so when a stay at home gets a "break" they often quickly jump on chores....

that being said i had a great day and would welcome the lifestyle of mr mom. :D

sleeping and eating pattterns for young ones make it difficult to get misc tasks done in the house. it is rare that a parent is able to sit around popping bon-bons. so when a stay at home gets a "break" they often quickly jump on chores....

that being said i had a great day and would welcome the lifestyle of mr mom. :D

Yep... you learn real quick about how valuable "free-time" is... (Do you remember it? The kind where you have a solid hour when you didn't have to do chores?) I'm seven weeks in and I hardly remember it.

And congrats on the new job Bier. :D

Edited by TDFFFreak

Well, I'll just say, in all fairness, I do not have kids, yet...and I'm sure I'll go the conventional route in regards to potty training. But there is a growing faction of people that train their kids to use a receptacle instead of diapers. That tells me it can be done.

Oh...and Bier...you got another job? I thought Brentspastic was the one with the new job...? :D

Well, I'll just say, in all fairness, I do not have kids, yet...and I'm sure I'll go the conventional route in regards to potty training. But there is a growing faction of people that train their kids to use a receptacle instead of diapers. That tells me it can be done.

Oh...and Bier...you got another job? I thought Brentspastic was the one with the new job...? :D

i'll post details in F&B forum.............

Yep... you learn real quick about how valuable "free-time" is... (Do you remember it? The kind where you have a solid hour when you didn't have to do chores?) I'm seven weeks in and I hardly remember it.

People at work keep asking me if I saw this movie or that movie.

Are you kidding? I haven't watched an hour long drama in one sitting since January.

We recently had to re-evaluate our TiVo season passes, and cut it down to shows that we will actually watch in the 4 half hour periods we get every week to watch TV. The hard drive kept filling up with the shows we used to watch.

Are you kidding? I haven't watched an hour long drama in one sitting since January.

We recently had to re-evaluate our TiVo season passes, and cut it down to shows that we will actually watch in the 4 half hour periods we get every week to watch TV. The hard drive kept filling up with the shows we used to watch.

How many kids are we talking about Atomic?

I think it's funny watching the transformation of parenthoold from when a couple or person you know goes from 0 kids with all the knowledge and advice in the world about raising kids then they have one and you watch how protective they are and how "difficult" it is to raise that one child and then how then next one or two come along and their parenting becomes more "liberal" for lack of a better word.

The first kid they won't let out of their site for a second and by the time the 3rd one roles around they allow him/her to sexyy jump at 2 years old.

Funny stuff. My wife is a perfect example of this by the way.

Edit to add: Bungy = sexyy in the huddle filters? Now that's weird.

Edited by chiefjay

I think it's funny watching the transformation of parenthoold from when a couple or person you know goes from 0 kids with all the knowledge and advice in the world about raising kids then they have one and you watch how protective they are and how "difficult" it is to raise that one child and then how then next one or two come along and their parenting becomes more "liberal" for lack of a better word.

The first kid they won't let out of their site for a second and by the time the 3rd one roles around they allow him/her to sexyy jump at 2 years old.

Funny stuff. My wife is a perfect example of this by the way.

it's funny to see even the small changes with one kid. whenever our little one would drop her pacifier or bottle, we'd used to get her a new one or scrub it really well before giving it back to her. now when it happens, i rub it on my shirt and just hand it back.

i must have taken about 2000 photos so far of our daughter. everyone tells me the next kid will be lucky to have a couple hundred photos.

I think I started to prepare for my lack of tv watching time by making major cuts over th epast year or so, especially in the hour long programming. It's just too hard to find that time anymore. Half hours fit a lot better into the schedule, unfortuately the only good half hours that I consider worth my time right now are Entourage, The Office, Family Guy and The Simpsons. They took away Arrested Development too soon.

I'd still rather go out and see a movie and that has become a major effort with help and an impossibility when no grandparents are around. :D

wife went back to work last week, but my mother was in town. this is our first day where i get my little one all day....... good thing she loves baseball and soccer

:D

:D I'm looking forward to a day of my own like that!!! My wife's due in Sept. and we're having our first and it's a girl

:D I'm looking forward to a day of my own like that!!! My wife's due in Sept. and we're having our first and it's a girl

Welcome to the 1st born daughter club. I semi-seriously considered naming our baby girl Maggie in honor of the Simpsons. My wife didn't like the name enough to do that though.