[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

H8tank

Pittsburgh .500  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

• Yes
    • No

I was just referring to two years ago when everything went right for them, at least until the playoffs, and they went 15-1. They are just as good as a team now, if not better than they were two years ago, so in a perfect scenario they could go 15-1, that is all I was saying.

I see the perfect scenario for the Steelers this year being about 13-3. They probably end up from 9-7 to 11-5 and make the Wild Card again or narrowly win the division. I agree with you that the Steelers aren't really better or worse than last year, but the rest of their division (Baltimore, Cleveland) has improved. Last year the Steelers went 5-1 against their division and finished 11-5. This year I see them doing 4-2 against the divison best case scenario, and they will also (theoretically) have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. A SB repeat isn't impossible, just very difficult for the Steelers. My two cents.

Edited by Thrash-494

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they will, I see them going 7-9 or maybe 8-8, but they are a shell of their former self, and even the former self was an underdog due to facts on the field.

This is brilliant. But as with all conservative ideas, H8, just not quite brilliant enough.

Sep 7 Miami 8:30pm LOSE - The first of two national games to start the season. While the talk is about why that moran Big Bin was running into little old ladies without a license, C-Pep will creep in and have a hugh game. Smart fantasy players will sell high on C-Pep, who will suck the rest of the year, and ... well, stay away from the Steelers

Sep 18 @Jacksonville 8:30pm LOSE - The bottom half of the narcisisstic start. Oh, they'll get their heads handed to 'em on a windshield in Jacksonville.

Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm LOSE - Carson Palmer will smack people with crutches if he has to.

Week 4 BYE - Every idiot on ESPN compares the steelers to the 2002 Pats. For the next four weeks.

Oct 8 @San Diego 8:15pm LOSE - Three national games in the first four weeks? Jim Rome needs something to talk about, and that will be what a good guy LT is, and what a friggin idiot Big Ben is.

Oct 15 Kansas City 4:15pm LOSE - Two years ago, this D coulda stopped LJ.

Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm WIN - Mike Vick sucks.

Oct 29 @Oakland 4:15pm LOSE - Are you kidding me? Everyone on the Raiders defensive line is a 60-year-old woman, bringing back horrible visuals. Big Ben will freeze like a part of menudo's frontal lobe.

Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm LOSE - Um, no. And why is this another national game? Does CBS want to lose money? That would explain the whole Dan Rather thing.

Nov 12 New Orleans 1:00pm WIN - They'll beat Drew Brees, just so menudo can post a couple dozen threads about the steelers comeback.

Nov 19 @Cleveland 1:00pm WIN - In Browns fashion, the Steelers beat them on the road. But not at home.

Nov 26 @Baltimore 1:00pm LOSE - Steve McNair is like 43-4 against the Steelers.

Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm LOSE - This is the game Gruden has written into his contract that he either wins or gets fired. Bucs, 37-10.

Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm LOSE - Browns win on the road in another nationally televised game. John Madden repeatedly makes the point that the Steelers miss the Bus.

Dec 17 @Carolina 1:00pm LOSE - Carolina is heading to the playoffs.

Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm LOSE - Cowher "retires" with two games left in the season. There is no hope in Mudville.

Dec 31 @Cincinnati 1:00pm LOSE - Can you say karma? That's right: An angry former sorority chick from Miami of Ohio breaks Big Ben's knees, thereby fulfilling the great cycle of life put into motion by Keith VanSoprano and a car.

3-13

Back to the subject for a minute, it all depends on Roethlisberger and how (or if) he comes back from his injuries.....and when.

Anybody except a crazy azz blind homer would admit that without Big Ben on the field this team is average at best. Without him they are under .500 I would say. With him, probably over.

I am a realistic blind azz homer and know that with Ben they are just as good as last season. Without him, 8-8 is quite possible. No Bettis, no Big Ben, that is a serious hit to their leadership. Not like anyone really listens to Porter anyway, except the media.

I find it very hard to picture the Steelers finishing under .500 this season. Granted, I could see them missing the playoffs I see them doing it at 9-7 (10-6 maybe).

They do have several question marks such as a few FA losses, then they have the surgery on Porter, now unfortunately the accident with Big Ben that no one knows what his recovery time is going to be just yet.

The Steelers are still very solid on defense, and have Polamalu who brings excellent energy and playmaking abilities to that group. It will be a much tougher division this year, but I like their chance to break .500 alot still.

Menudo calling someone a Rosie O'Donnell for not accepting a sig line bet. That's rich. :D

Pay attention, it was an offer of a bet for cash, not for a sig line.

It's crazy, but, everytime you rip me in a post, at first, I'm sad/annoyed, but, then I picture you sitting in the RCA Dome on Sunday, January 15th, 2006, watching as Vanderjagt's kick heads off to the right. I don't even know what you look like, but, in my mind, I see a big frown on your face, knowing that your dream season just went down the tubes at the hands of the Steelers. The sad/annoying feeling I orginally had just goes away, and a HUGH smile comes across my face. :D So, thanks for putting me in a good mood again.

Edited by Menudo

:bwak: :bwak: :bwak:

Here is how I picture it:

January 15th, 2006

:yay: <- An excited CaptainHook, grabs his popcorn and beer and take his seat at the RCA dome.

:tup: <- CaptainHook laughs, as he hears a Steeler fan say that his team has a chance.

::lock: <- He is not worried after Ben hits Randle-El for the TD, putting the Steeles up 7-0.

:bio: <- Manning looks awful, and the Steelers go right down and Ben hits Miller for the TD, 14-0.

:sick: <- The Colts cannot convert on a goaline drive, and have to settle for 3, 14-3 Steelers at the half.

:D <- Colts fans remind themselves that the first half was a fluke, and this was far from over.

:lock: <- The Steelers once again are dominant, Bettis runs in the TD, and the Steelers go up 21-3

:D <- CaptainHook gets excited, as the Colts show life, Manning to Clark 50 yard TD, 21-10

:yay: <- Their hope quickly turns into despair, as Polamalu picks off Manning, this one's over.

:D <- But wait, the call is overturned, and the Colts have new life.

:D <- CaptainHook goes crazy, as Edge runs in the TD, and the 2 Pt. Coversion makes it 21-18.

:D <- After getting the ball back, Porter gets two sacks and the Steelers take over 1st & Goal

:D <- Bettis fumbles, it's picked up by Harper, but, Ben makes the game-saving tackle.

:D <- The drama is killing Hook, as Vanderjagt lines up for the game-tying field goal.

:D <- Vanderjagt misses wide-right, the Colts dream season has come to an end.

:D <- Tears stream from Hook's face on his drive home, how could this be ?

:sick: <- CaptainHook realizes he is going to have to deal with an obnoxious Menudo on the Huddle.

:lock: <- 5 months later, the memories of that day still fill CaptainHook's brain on a daily basis.

:D <- CaptainHook must now wait to see who Peyton Manning chokes against this year.

:D < 2020, Peyton Manning is long gone, and Hook still waits for that Colts championship season.

The End.

...... at least, that is how I picture it.

Edited by Menudo

January 15th, 2006

:D <- An excited CaptainHook, grabs his popcorn and beer and take his seat at the RCA dome.

yadda yadda yadda

:D < 2020, Peyton Manning is long gone, and Hook still waits for that Colts championship season.

The End.

While evocative of "bad winner syndrome," I must say this was pretty funny and a good use of smilies. :D

I wonder if people would have laughed at me if I predicted them to go 15-1 two years ago. :D Also, I was giving a range, and that was the best case scenario.

I wonder how many people were laughing when I predicted a Super Bowl victory prior to last year. :D

If you think people telling me how bad the Steelers are going to be, and what they aren't going to do bothers me by now, you would be wrong.

As for the sigline bet, did I accept that ? Not saying I didn't, I just don't remember it. Do you have a link ?

I can't believe anyone would be surpised to hear you say that the Steelers are going to win the supebowl or go 15-1. If you say it every year it is bound to happen some time, right?

I am sure that there are Bengels fans who have been saying for years that 'this is the year'. What's laughable, are people who have been saying it for years who say 'I told you so' when it finally happens.

edited to say: And... I am very tempted to take you up of the $100 bet.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I can't believe anyone would be surpised to hear you say that the Steelers are going to win the supebowl or go 15-1. If you say it every year it is bound to happen some time, right?

I am sure that there are Bengels fans who have been saying for years that 'this is the year'. What's laughable, are people who have been saying it for years who say 'I told you so' when it finally happens.

edited to say: And... I am very tempted to take you up of the $100 bet.

Part of the fun of being a homer, and I'm not denying it. I always have bragged about the predictions in a joking manner, because I pick the Steelers every year on here, and last year, I was finally right. The Steelers have had a good team for a while, so, I'm going to see the brighter side of things being a fan. As for the $100 bet, lets do it...... :D

Edited by Menudo

January 15th, 2006

:yay: <- An excited CaptainHook, grabs his popcorn and beer and take his seat at the RCA dome.

:tup: <- CaptainHook laughs, as he hears a Steeler fan say that his team has a chance.

::lock: <- He is not worried after Ben hits Randle-El for the TD, putting the Steeles up 7-0.

:bio: <- Manning looks awful, and the Steelers go right down and Ben hits Miller for the TD, 14-0.

:sick: <- The Colts cannot convert on a goaline drive, and have to settle for 3, 14-3 Steelers at the half.

<- Colts fans remind themselves that the first half was a fluke, and this was far from over.

:lock: <- The Steelers once again are dominant, Bettis runs in the TD, and the Steelers go up 21-3

:D <- CaptainHook gets excited, as the Colts show life, Manning to Clark 50 yard TD, 21-10

:yay: <- Their hope quickly turns into despair, as Polamalu picks off Manning, this one's over.

:D <- But wait, the call is overturned, and the Colts have new life.

:D <- CaptainHook goes crazy, as Edge runs in the TD, and the 2 Pt. Coversion makes it 21-18.

:D <- After getting the ball back, Porter gets two sacks and the Steelers take over 1st & Goal

:D <- Bettis fumbles, it's picked up by Harper, but, Ben makes the game-saving tackle.

:D <- The drama is killing Hook, as Vanderjagt lines up for the game-tying field goal.

:D <- Vanderjagt misses wide-right, the Colts dream season has come to an end.

:D <- Tears stream from Hook's face on his drive home, how could this be ?

:D <- CaptainHook realizes he is going to have to deal with an obnoxious Menudo on the Huddle.

:lock: <- 5 months later, the memories of that day still fill CaptainHook's brain on a daily basis.

:D <- CaptainHook must now wait to see who Peyton Manning chokes against this year.

The End.

:sick:

Okay Menudo....lots of talk for this on 8-8 vs. 15-1.

12 wins for the Pittsburgh Steelers...I take the under....you take the over....$100...I'm giving you 3 games on your predicition. Let's do it!

Don't chicken out on this one. Make the bet or forever hold your meat!

Oh making PM's public, the sign of true class. I tried to call a truce, but, you just continued on your way, nice work. Seriously, this is becoming ridiculously childish.

Yes it is. Why do you take everything about the Steelers so personal? :D

Okay Menudo....lots of talk for this on 8-8 vs. 15-1.

12 wins for the Pittsburgh Steelers...I take the under....you take the over....$100...I'm giving you 3 games on your predicition. Let's do it!

Don't chicken out on this one. Make the bet or forever hold your meat!

I said with Ben they would finish between 11-5 and 15-1. I never said they would finish 15-1. No, I do not accept your bet. I was offering bets on the topic of this post "Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006." I'm definitely not confident enough to bet $100 on them winning more than 12 games, if that makes me a chicken, the bawk bawk.

I said with Ben they would finish between 11-5 and 15-1. I never said they would finish 15-1. No, I do not accept your bet. I was offering bets on the topic of this post "Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006." I'm definitely not confident enough to bet $100 on them winning more than 12 games, if that makes me a chicken, the bawk bawk.

I could get aboard them winning 10 or less games

I could get aboard them winning 10 or less games

Maybe for a sigline bet or something, but, I'm not going to put $100 up on 10 wins. I will put up $100 for 8 wins, which is what this post started at. It is the NFL and a lot of things can happen. I think the Steelers will win more than 10 games, but, things can go wrong and a season can go south quickly, and I'm not confident enough to put $100 on that.

*Sep 7 Miami 8:30pm

*Sep 18 @Jacksonville 8:30pm

*Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm

Week 4 BYE

*Oct 8 @San Diego 8:15pm

*Oct 15 Kansas City 4:15pm

*Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm

*Oct 29 @Oakland 4:15pm

*Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm

*Nov 12 New Orleans 1:00pm

*Nov 19 @Cleveland 1:00pm

*Nov 26 @Baltimore 1:00pm

*Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

*Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm

*Dec 17 @Carolina 1:00pm

*Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm

*Dec 31 @Cincinnati 1:00pm

*Season Cancelled due to the end of the world

Amazingly, not much dumber then some of the posts in steeler related threads. :D

Maybe for a sigline bet or something, but, I'm not going to put $100 up on 10 wins. I will put up $100 for 8 wins, which is what this post started at. It is the NFL and a lot of things can happen. I think the Steelers will win more than 10 games, but, things can go wrong and a season can go south quickly, and I'm not confident enough to put $100 on that.

Sweet, I'm going to make a post about how I truly think the Seahawks will go 16-0 and win the superbowl, but will only do $100 if the bet is that they at least go 8-8.

Edited by bushwacked

Sweet, I'm going to make a post about how I truly think the Seahawks will go 16-0 and win the superbowl, but will only do $100 if the bet is that they at least go 8-8.

:D Show me a post where I said anything about the Steelers going 16-0 or 15-1 for that matter. I said that with Roethlisberger, their range would be 11-5 to 15-1, IMHO. The only time I mentioned betting was for this post that clearly says "Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006". I know it is just a case of you following me around again, but, please, at least bring some facts.