[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got Sirius Satellite Radio in the car

whomper

I basically got it for Howard but im pretty psyched about the whole thing in general. Are the Channels universal ? Is channel 12 for me in NJ the same as channel 12 for someone on another coast ? The reason I ask is im looking for some recommendations . I like Classic rock..As I mentioned im happy to hear Howard again. Im also a big sports fan..What do you Sirius owners like the best about it ?

I basically got it for Howard but im pretty psyched about the whole thing in general. Are the Channels universal ? Is channel 12 for me in NJ the same as channel 12 for someone on another coast ? The reason I ask is im looking for some recommendations . I like Classic rock..As I mentioned im happy to hear Howard again. Im also a big sports fan..What do you Sirius owners like the best about it ?

Yes the channels are the same unless you are talking about Canada. There they have a few different channels.

I like the NFL channel.

Channel guide.

Edited by Randall

yup, channels are the same everywhere. i only listen to a few stations, none of them classic rock, so can't help you there. but you should know that howard replays his show throughout the day, so you listen to him when you drive home, too. i listen to alt-nation (21, i think), and have heard a lot of stuff that've i've later bought the CDs of. that never happened with regular radio. i'm gonna check out the nfl stations when the season starts (i got sirius after last season ended and haven't listened to the nfl stuff).

Don't have it, but from what I understand if you subscribe, you can also stream it through your pc for no additional charge. Lady who works with me does this.

That's right, and Howard just started streaming last week. However, the NFL does not stream.

I'd highly recommend channel 16 "The Vault" if you're into Classic Rock. They play "deep cuts" from Classic Rock artists. One of their slogans is about not hearing "Stairway To Heaven for the millionth time." When Gilmour came out with his new CD, they played an entire week of Floyd 24/7. Buzzsaw is pretty good too (channel 19 I think).

I have had sirius for 3 years now and will never ever switch back. I listen to 19 buzzsaw and 23 hair nation and also 22 and 21 as well. You will love it if you do alot of driving during football season as well.

I have "XM"- no Howard but they have all MLB baseball games every night- which I love- no way I'm listening to NFL games on a Sunday on the radio so that would be irrelevant to me. Anyway you slice it satellite radio kicks ass. I never listen to local radio anymore- ever.

I have "XM"- no Howard but they have all MLB baseball games every night- which I love- no way I'm listening to NFL games on a Sunday on the radio so that would be irrelevant to me. Anyway you slice it satellite radio kicks ass. I never listen to local radio anymore- ever.

:D that makes 2 of us bro

Had my first full day..Loved Howard on the way in to work..One problem though I got a decent amount of static . anyone else have this problem? We called the place that installed it and the guy said to change the channel that I have it set on until I find one that is clearer..Does that make sense ?

Edited by whomper

Had my first full day..Loved Howard on the way in to work..One problem though I got a decent amount of static . anyone else have this problem? We called the place that installed it and the guy said to change the channel that I have it set on until I find one that is clearer..Does that make sense ?

That makes sense since it looks like you are playing it through your car via wireless FM transmitter. Also, make sure the antena, wherever it is located on your car, isn't being blocked in any way.